Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was bored these last days and came up with an idea.
I have never played much with Computer Craft since I don't really like LUA (bit scared of not using { } and other stuff), though I think it's a great mod.
It's great, but I think it's also lacking in some parts. Parts that do not cover the negative points for me, stated above ^.
Applied Energistics 2, great mod, but pretty much OP and I've though it was weird items could be pulled through that monitor(not that I should apply laws of physics on minecraft, especially modded minecraft)

I ended up making something like a crossover between the 2, somewhat ~ish. I tried to be unique, but don't freak out if you find some~a lot of simularities.

This document is still a WIP, but if it does not seem interesting I'll just stop, since what I'm going to expand on it will be pretty much eventually. So I'd like your opinions, likes, dislikes, comments, cookies, ideas and most of all, someone who is willing to make this.
I probably can do this myself, but... work and such...
So (before people get the wrong idea) I will not make this mod!

In Advance, don't go hating me for incorrect recipes. I know only few of computers, so some mistakes I made unkowing, others on purpose for playability.

If you don't understand something just ask!

P.S.
The mod is supposed to be in the attached files.
If you find the recipes too easy and such. I can also make a "Hard" version with difficult crafting recipes. Then you can set your preference in the config file :p

EDIT
Added CTD Generators as well for power generation.
Added CTD Machines with a few new blocks and utilities [WIP]

Attachments

• Crafting_These_Days.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 93
  • CTD_Generators.pdf
    78.3 KB · Views: 129
  • CTD_Machines.pdf
    127.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was bored these last days and came up with an idea.
I have never played much with Computer Craft since I don't really like LUA (bit scared of not using { } and other stuff), though I think it's a great mod.
It's great, but I think it's also lacking in some parts. Parts that do not cover the negative points for me, stated above ^.
Applied Energistics 2, great mod, but pretty much OP and I've though it was weird items could be pulled through that monitor(not that I should apply laws of physics on minecraft, especially modded minecraft)

I ended up making something like a crossover between the 2, somewhat ~ish. I tried to be unique, but don't freak out if you find some~a lot of simularities.

This document is still a WIP, but if it does not seem interesting I'll just stop, since what I'm going to expand on it will be pretty much eventually. So I'd like your opinions, likes, dislikes, comments, cookies, ideas and most of all, someone who is willing to make this.
I probably can do this myself, but... work and such...

In Advance, don't go hating me for incorrect recipes. I know only few of computers, so some mistakes I made unkowing, others on purpose for playability.

If you don't understand something just ask!

P.S.
The mod is supposed to be in the attached files
Wait...scared of not using curly braces?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I work with low-end programming language. If you miss 1 { you're basically screwed xD. Not using them, makes me feel... uncomforable.
Aka C-based? That sounds like if I was afraid of not using () everywhere because I use LISP. Or :: because I use Haskell :p

Reactions: D4rkWulf

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, you should try out some other langs, ever tried Python, Ruby, or some other dynamic Lang?
tried Phython (somehow can handle that), watched Ruby. Also done Assembly (also without curly braces, but that is your least problem there)
Also done Java, C#, ASP .NET and SQL

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
tried Phython (somehow can handle that), watched Ruby. Also done Assembly (also without curly braces, but that is your least problem there)
Yeah, Assembly, the bane of programmers everywhere :p But yeah, have you ever given a functional Lang a shot? (F#, Scala, Clojure, Haskell, etc.)

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Assembly, the bane of programmers everywhere :p But yeah, have you ever given a functional Lang a shot? (F#, Scala, Clojure, Haskell, etc.)
Got into the world of programming only 2 years ago... never heard of those (apart from F#)
And I kinda liked assembly. I had a harder time using C with assembly. Sometimes I gave up on C and remade my C functions in Assembly because I thought that was easier.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Got into the world of programming only 2 years ago... never heard of those (apart from F#)
And I kinda liked assembly. I had a harder time using C with assembly. Sometimes I gave up on C and remade my C functions in Assembly because I thought that was easier.
Assembly easier than C? I can't say anything because I've never used ASM, but hat sounds crazy :p Also, I got into programming a few years ago to :)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
@D4rkWulf
I like it! From what I've read, its computers are basically Java-controlled, yes? That would be a much, much more appealing option to me than Lua. I'm sorry, I just don't like Lua. To me, it is...ugly. And inelegant. Hell, if I had the know-how, I'd probably try my hand at a Mono-based (cross-platform .Net) computer system for Minecraft. With a smaller, better-looking font than Minecraft's default one, so I can see more than about a dozen or so lines per page, maybe Lucida Console.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Watched me do what?

I've done a little work in lua for warcraft addons and simple CC scripts, and I did a little VBS in high school.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
@D4rkWulf
I like it! From what I've read, its computers are basically Java-controlled, yes? That would be a much, much more appealing option to me than Lua. I'm sorry, I just don't like Lua. To me, it is...ugly. And inelegant. Hell, if I had the know-how, I'd probably try my hand at a Mono-based (cross-platform .Net) computer system for Minecraft. With a smaller, better-looking font than Minecraft's default one, so I can see more than about a dozen or so lines per page, maybe Lucida Console.
Does not really needs to be Java, but yes, what i wrote is java, or mostly java. Didn't really put much though behind the coding, but java is what I'm used to most right now.

Watched me do what?
I've done a little work in lua for warcraft addons and simple CC scripts, and I did a little VBS in high school.
Did VBS, but not enough to really say I work with it or anything xD. Just used it to derp around with school PC's in the good old days

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
@D4rkWulf
Hey, Lua isn't that bad :p

How about this...a way to do API access into the mod so that people can make addons for langs?

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Assembly easier than C? I can't say anything because I've never used ASM, but hat sounds crazy :p Also, I got into programming a few years ago to :)
Maybe only the part I was working on xD It was for a simple school assignment, but had to be done in C. I had only few time left (Waited for last day to start workign on it) so I got minus points for using C for the assignment, though a bit of praise from the teacher xD still nailed a 7 (out of 10, I guess B-?)

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Lua isn't that bad :p

How about this...a way to do API access into the mod so that people can make addons for langs?
Like ComputerCraft EDU did? It's really cool, but the only reason I didn't do it is because I wanna code :3
And to much work.
Anyway I gave a suggestion. If, whoever wants to take on this job, wants to implement a system of the sort he's free to tweak around as he pleases. Though I'd like the First Age Computer to stay as it is. You can easily skip the First Age Computer since the second age is also easy craftable, but I want it codable because the First Computers had nothing like a gui or the sort.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Did VBS, but not enough to really say I work with it or anything xD. Just used it to derp around with school PC's in the good old days

Oh yes, there was derping. I wrote a program to help with applying permissions to new students trying to use the computer system. I ended up making person A's password work for person B, person B's password worked for person N, person Z couldn't even log on at all... I reset the entire school's passwords. Twice.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes, there was derping. I wrote a program to help with applying permissions to new students trying to use the computer system. I ended up making person A's password work for person B, person B's password worked for person N, person Z couldn't even log on at all... I reset the entire school's passwords. Twice.
Didn't go that far. We opened a CD Drive with a paper "Hah Gay" while the screen opens the gif and a .wav sounds plays the "Hah, Gay!" sound, then closing everything so you can continue with what you did. Then repeating that process every 30 minutes xD.
Oh and while doing that, it disabled mouse and keyboard input until everything was closed. For the real noobs, we named it system.vbs XD

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I never got to be mean with it, I worked in the IT department. Resetting all the passwords was an accident, haha.

Although one time I took a screenshot of my bosse's desktop, set it as the background, and hid all the icons. He was clicking on nothing for a good ten minutes, hah.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Something that I wouldn't mind is being able to use moonscript instead of lua in cc, it looks interesting and there are probably easy ways to do it already but being able to write it down directly in cc would help.

I also wouldn't mind being able to get luarocks on it, but on the other hand that just might cause a lot of problems and security issues so maybe its better without it.