Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a simple idea for a machine : Auto-assembler
It accept any item as a ghost input OR also accept NEI "?" button. It have an inventory of about 20 slot. If it can craft that item (using any standard recipie) it will no matter the amount of steps it takes. However it cost 10% more material for each steps it need to take rounded up. If it can't it will show what items are needed to end the crafting as ghost input.

For exemple, to craft a wooden axe, you need to convert (1)2 woods into 8 planks, (2)craft 8 sticks, (3) craft the axe. It would take 133% of the base material. So it would craft it for 3 wood logs. A iron pickaxe would cost 2 woods and 4 iron.

The idea here is to save a bit of time on the crafting bench at the cost of more material.

RF Tools auto crafter already does this. Although not at the increased cost. The level 3 assembler can learn 8 separate recipes which it runs in order when it is supplied with the appropriate materials. it can accept items via an itemduct of some kind and can export via the same though it doesn't appear to be able to push/pull items itself. It does require rf to run though it isn't much. It only uses rf per crafting action.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
RF Tools auto crafter already does this. Although not at the increased cost. The level 3 assembler can learn 8 separate recipes which it runs in order when it is supplied with the appropriate materials. it can accept items via an itemduct of some kind and can export via the same though it doesn't appear to be able to push/pull items itself. It does require rf to run though it isn't much. It only uses rf per crafting action.
I know how to do that with autocrafting table form bc, from cyclic assemblers, from AE patterns, from compressing barels (factorization), from various workbenchs, from transfer nodes and that botania crafting aura.

All those require more time to set up then a single craft. It's great if I want to build several copy of the object over time, but if I want only one of them there is nothing that will make my life easier. Sometime I'd be ready to pay half a stack of ingots just to get done with that aqueous accumulator I want. This is missing us...

by heart: 2 tin gear, a machine block, a servo(?) 2 glass and a bucket ? ...

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I know how to do that with autocrafting table form bc, from cyclic assemblers, from AE patterns, from compressing barels (factorization), from various workbenchs, from transfer nodes and that botania crafting aura.

All those require more time to set up then a single craft. It's great if I want to build several copy of the object over time, but if I want only one of them there is nothing that will make my life easier. Sometime I'd be ready to pay half a stack of ingots just to get done with that aqueous accumulator I want. This is missing us...

Try the one from rftools... It works differently than the ones you mentioned and doesn't take a day to setup

edit... after reading your post again I realize what you are asking for... it's called creative mode :(

Last edited:

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair

Have you looked at Easy Crafting?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So I just started watching Vech's "Minecraft Mapping" series. He starts with the idea of a giant "shield palm", that covers an area, protects it from the elements, and makes a safe, but "darker" area for other trees of its kind to grow.

And my thinking: Leaves are supposed to be semi-transparent, right?

Mod idea:
1. Leaf blocks act as "sunlight level -1" blocks, not "Stops sunlight completely".
2. A new tree that only grows when it does not have full sunlight, and has a very, very wide canopy (1-2 blocks thick; 7-12 blocks radius). Given minecraft tree behavior, this means wide-reaching "branches" or support wood; given the "grow in the shade of other trees" goal, this means that it has to ignore the leaves and wood of its own kind (treat them as air) when deciding if it can grow.

Now, part 1 is needed to prevent the wide canopy tree from turning an area into darkness (I'm not that cruel ... yet :)

EDIT: To clarify point #1: If I have a very, very wide canopy, and I am under 3 blocks of leaves, and 3 blocks of air, then the skylight level should be 15-3-5 (-3 for 3 leaf blocks, -5 for 5 blocks of distance after the first leaf block stops direct sunlight). That would be 7 ... so that's enough light to see, and barely permit mob spawning.

Reactions: 1SDAN

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
no doubt already suggested but i'd like to see something that shows us how good the armour we wear is in reference to tiers and stuff:)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
The armor bar once full should have blue over the first one and green over that and yellow over that just so that it is easier to see how much armor you have if it goes over.

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
The armor bar once full should have blue over the first one and green over that and yellow over that just so that it is easier to see how much armor you have if it goes over.
right you are, though adding a few mods or nerfing some things yourself might make this system a bit pointless, if i have 70 different armours it might make more sense to have a numerical reference to armour defence... further example, the several mods adds lots of armours, i see the only ways to tell which are better than others is to wear them whilst being hit by something hard and hoping the thing doing the hitting is regular (maybe something like jumping off a cliff) or checking with the website (there is already a mod that has a dummy in it that has numbers fly off of it when attacked), either way seems overly cumbersome when compared to what i previously suggested, which is also a very simple way of displaying this info for those that may have severe colour-blindness.

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
a mod that can be used to remove mobs from mods would be great, one that can stop them from spawning and kill them if spawned.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
a mod that can be used to remove mobs from mods would be great, one that can stop them from spawning and kill them if spawned.
ModTweaker I think can do that already. Plus most mob mods worth their salt will have a config.

For instance take Enderzoo (Think it's Dark Menagerie now?). I found wither witches and cats more irritating then challenging. Lo and behold there was a config option to disable both.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
ModTweaker I think can do that already. Plus most mob mods worth their salt will have a config.

For instance take Enderzoo (Think it's Dark Menagerie now?). I found wither witches and cats more irritating then challenging. Lo and behold there was a config option to disable both.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Ender Zoo and IO have really nice configs, probably my favorite. But I don't think mine/modtweaker deals with mob spawning. And instead of eliminating them I find extremely nerfing them sufficient. Making them rare and weaker and making sure that 4 cats don't spawn with them.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Lords of Time. Basically, ways to control time and harness it to your advantage. Given the power of this mod, it would definitely be endgame.

Temporal Generator: Utilizing the raw power of time, you have created a machine that can generate electricity (RF, maybe) as time particles, chronons, flow through it. The faster time goes by, the faster it generates power, so using this in an eternal day/night world would be pointless, but a fast time world would allow the generation of more power than the Overworld.

Chronon Concentrator: Using a specialized filter created from the heart of a dead demigod (the Wither), you have discovered a way to concentrate chronons into physical form, creating chronon dust. Uses massive amounts of power to control and stabilize the process. Creates a 3 cubic meter localized time dilation effect, slowing down things nearby by a factor of eight.

Infused Temporal Alloy: By mingling chronon dust with the space-warping power of ender pearls and applying it to a gold substrate, you have created an alloy that pulses with the power of time itself. This is the substance you will need to further your experiments in time manipulation.

Static Chronon Field Generator: This machine is your first stop, allowing the complete cessation of time within a given radius. The power draw is the stuff of legends, but its uses are many and varied. Trespasser prevention system, mob demobilizer, buffer zone, and more. This machine, however, seems to have only a single flaw: complex lifeforms (such as players) aren't completely stopped, only drastically slowed down. It seems that they possess a stronger local temporal field than lower forms.

Emergency Temporal Shelter: With a little work, you've found a way to bind temporal energy to your life force, creating something of a fail-safe system should you be in danger of dying. While this item is in your inventory, should you ever reach less than two hearts of health, this item will activate, sheltering you within a static time field for a short time (enough to regenerate to half health normally). This item can only be used once, however, and once used, it shatters into uselessness.

I've ideas for plenty of other things, as well, like a machine that uses a localized time disruption to form an impenetrable, invisible barrier around a given area, grenades that slow time, chronon accelerators, chronon-infused power armour, stuff like that.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I hope the armor contains a badly-veiled reference to Homestuck.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Lords of Time. Basically, ways to control time and harness it to your advantage. Given the power of this mod, it would definitely be endgame.

Temporal Generator: Utilizing the raw power of time, you have created a machine that can generate electricity (RF, maybe) as time particles, chronons, flow through it. The faster time goes by, the faster it generates power, so using this in an eternal day/night world would be pointless, but a fast time world would allow the generation of more power than the Overworld.

Chronon Concentrator: Using a specialized filter created from the heart of a dead demigod (the Wither), you have discovered a way to concentrate chronons into physical form, creating chronon dust. Uses massive amounts of power to control and stabilize the process. Creates a 3 cubic meter localized time dilation effect, slowing down things nearby by a factor of eight.

Infused Temporal Alloy: By mingling chronon dust with the space-warping power of ender pearls and applying it to a gold substrate, you have created an alloy that pulses with the power of time itself. This is the substance you will need to further your experiments in time manipulation.

Static Chronon Field Generator: This machine is your first stop, allowing the complete cessation of time within a given radius. The power draw is the stuff of legends, but its uses are many and varied. Trespasser prevention system, mob demobilizer, buffer zone, and more. This machine, however, seems to have only a single flaw: complex lifeforms (such as players) aren't completely stopped, only drastically slowed down. It seems that they possess a stronger local temporal field than lower forms.

Emergency Temporal Shelter: With a little work, you've found a way to bind temporal energy to your life force, creating something of a fail-safe system should you be in danger of dying. While this item is in your inventory, should you ever reach less than two hearts of health, this item will activate, sheltering you within a static time field for a short time (enough to regenerate to half health normally). This item can only be used once, however, and once used, it shatters into uselessness.

I've ideas for plenty of other things, as well, like a machine that uses a localized time disruption to form an impenetrable, invisible barrier around a given area, grenades that slow time, chronon accelerators, chronon-infused power armour, stuff like that.

@Lumaceon

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas

Seeing as I'm currently developing a time-themed mod myself, I've already looked into a lot of this, so here are my thoughts:
Temporal Generator: Probably do-able without too much effort. Personally, my mod is more magic themed than tech themed though.
Chronon Concentrator: Cool, but it's extremely difficult to create a slowed time effect. You could slow movement speed, but skeletons would still shoot at the same rate and the like.
Infused Temporal Alloy:
pPOQ99H.png
Probably not what you had in mind, but this is what I imagined a "temporal ingot" to look like for my old mod.
Static Chronon Field Generator: This might be easier than slowing down time, but it'd still be hard to pull off well.
Emergency Temporal Shelter: I imagined something similar, but instead of a shield, it'd be a device to take you back to the health you had about 5-10 seconds ago on taking a fatal attack.

The tech limitations for messing around with tick speed are explored pretty well in this thread. It's one of the greatest challenges to working on a time-magic mod. You have to allow the player to feel like they're playing around with time, without actually messing up tick-rates.

Reactions: Strikingwolf

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as I'm currently developing a time-themed mod myself, I've already looked into a lot of this, so here are my thoughts:
Temporal Generator: Probably do-able without too much effort. Personally, my mod is more magic themed than tech themed though.
Chronon Concentrator: Cool, but it's extremely difficult to create a slowed time effect. You could slow movement speed, but skeletons would still shoot at the same rate and the like.
Infused Temporal Alloy:
pPOQ99H.png
Probably not what you had in mind, but this is what I imagined a "temporal ingot" to look like for my old mod.
Static Chronon Field Generator: This might be easier than slowing down time, but it'd still be hard to pull off well.
Emergency Temporal Shelter: I imagined something similar, but instead of a shield, it'd be a device to take you back to the health you had about 5-10 seconds ago on taking a fatal attack.

The tech limitations for messing around with tick speed are explored pretty well in this thread. It's one of the greatest challenges to working on a time-magic mod. You have to allow the player to feel like they're playing around with time, without actually messing up tick-rates.
It'd be a lot but you could control hoe often skeletons shoot and even how fast their arrows travel. But then you need gravity to be weak in just a certain area that's what I'm not too sure about

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
It'd be a lot but you could control hoe often skeletons shoot and even how fast their arrows travel. But then you need gravity to be weak in just a certain area that's what I'm not too sure about
With a bunch of work, you could probably get it to look convincing, but the skeleton was just a single, vanilla example. There are lots of other mobs in modded minecraft, many of which would require a special "hack" of sorts to make them slow down like that. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's way past my skill level.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

If nothing else, it could potentially fit in with lore: time dilation expands space (since the two are intertwined), creating an opposing effect to gravity.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
With a bunch of work, you could probably get it to look convincing, but the skeleton was just a single, vanilla example. There are lots of other mobs in modded minecraft, many of which would require a special "hack" of sorts to make them slow down like that. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's way past my skill level.
It would be possible to make an API for it though, and just hack in the vanilla stuff