Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind a block that you could use as a trading post. Say put in excess items that you wouldn't mind trading and what you'd want for them. Players on the server could access their own and trade you for items.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to give a chest of fixed items.

Specifically, I want to be able to give a reward of a bunch of items upon reaching a location. (In my case, stronghold portal rooms).

Now, I have mods to let me control the treasure chest random loot tables. So, for any given chest, I can make the chance of an item what I want. But that doesn't let me have "It is definitely this list, no randomness".

HQM does let me give a "It is definitely this list, no randomness", but that is only for a specific location. Not for "The contents of chest X".

HQM, as far as I can tell, also is only a single set of locations/rewards for the pack, not per map. So, if I let people play on different maps, the reward locations don't change as the maps change.

===

What I'm willing to do: Either go to specific locations, and grab a preset loot chest, or tell users that on reaching the portal rooms, to select item X from the creative menus.

The current system is much harder. I have to manually stuff items into chests, and make sure that I don't make a mistake. For many items, at each of the stronghold portal rooms. And, this means that the world around the stronghold gets pregenerated -- which may seriously not be what I want, especially considering the length of time needed to set up the chests and various "timers" that may be running in the world (not to mention the silverfish for being in the portal room).

Reactions: 1SDAN

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to give a chest of fixed items.

Specifically, I want to be able to give a reward of a bunch of items upon reaching a location. (In my case, stronghold portal rooms).

Now, I have mods to let me control the treasure chest random loot tables. So, for any given chest, I can make the chance of an item what I want. But that doesn't let me have "It is definitely this list, no randomness".

HQM does let me give a "It is definitely this list, no randomness", but that is only for a specific location. Not for "The contents of chest X".

HQM, as far as I can tell, also is only a single set of locations/rewards for the pack, not per map. So, if I let people play on different maps, the reward locations don't change as the maps change.

===

What I'm willing to do: Either go to specific locations, and grab a preset loot chest, or tell users that on reaching the portal rooms, to select item X from the creative menus.

The current system is much harder. I have to manually stuff items into chests, and make sure that I don't make a mistake. For many items, at each of the stronghold portal rooms. And, this means that the world around the stronghold gets pregenerated -- which may seriously not be what I want, especially considering the length of time needed to set up the chests and various "timers" that may be running in the world (not to mention the silverfish for being in the portal room).
I don't recall which version of Minecraft it was added, but you can do this with command blocks now. (You spawn a chest with an exact list of contents in an exact set of slots, or copy a chest that already exists.) So this should be easily doable with a simple mod that lets you run in-game commands or provides a command block with a specific command in it. Thing is, if you're trying to spawn the chest as part of a structure, that's a whole other problem.

One way to do it in HQM is to provide the items when the player picks up a particular block the first time (circle stone? lapis caelestis?), or breaks a silverfish spawner, or what-have-you. Something unique to the structure that isn't location dependent.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that command block system is 1.8; even still, it doesn't make it easy to generate that command block, and then there's the whole issue of leaving a command block where the players can access it.

Something unique to stronghold structures? Break a silverfish spawner? Can HQM detect the breaking of a silverfish spawner?

Seriously, that would make it worth using HQM for this.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Time again for something simple in concept, but tricky in execution.

By now "everybody" knows that creepers have a hidden drop list that only happen when a skeleton kills them. (The same could be said of mob heads in 1.8 being a drop list that can only occur when killed by a super creeper, but I digress.) Now I do dare say that the only thing in that is in this list now is most (but not all) of the vanilla records. Though that is not even close to all the records in a good sized pack.

I propose that there be a mod that detects music discs and extends the creeper special drop list. I can think of only a few ways to handle this, invasively it could go last and look for "disc" items in other mods. Less drastic but more troublesome, the record player "must" have a way of "knowing" what is, and is not a valid disc. Tapping into the record player and getting the list from there might be possible. Third would be a static list, detect the other mods and turn on lists from them. Fourth would require convincing major mod authors to use an API to assign the records.

I think out of politeness it would require a black list so that the easter egg records could continue to be hidden from the world. A whitelist might also make for a world made more creative, picture if you would being able to farm for a resource only in this exotic way in a skyblock map.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
** A tool to dig out a stair/slope from the landscape **.

Consider something like carpenter's blocks that lets you make stairs or slopes out of anything, even grass/dirt.

Now, consider a mod that lets you use something to turn a grass/dirt block into a stair/slope. Maybe not the full carpenter's blocks, but with the advantage that you don't have to dig up the ground, place a framework down, and then cover the framework with the block you just dug.

In other words, being able to dig out 1/4 of a block ( to make it into a stair), or 1/2 a block ( to make it into a slab), or 3/4 of a block (to make it into a recessed stair), without having to remove the whole block and then place down a partial block.

Consider, if you will, a world with a "heavy gravity" instability that expresses itself as a reduced jump height. Lacking a mod to let you walk slopes -- repose -- you wind up needing to place stairs/slabs to get up hillsides. Now, add the ability to carve a walking path rather than having to dig too much and replace.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
** A tool to dig out a stair/slope from the landscape **.

Consider something like carpenter's blocks that lets you make stairs or slopes out of anything, even grass/dirt.

Now, consider a mod that lets you use something to turn a grass/dirt block into a stair/slope. Maybe not the full carpenter's blocks, but with the advantage that you don't have to dig up the ground, place a framework down, and then cover the framework with the block you just dug.

In other words, being able to dig out 1/4 of a block ( to make it into a stair), or 1/2 a block ( to make it into a slab), or 3/4 of a block (to make it into a recessed stair), without having to remove the whole block and then place down a partial block.

Consider, if you will, a world with a "heavy gravity" instability that expresses itself as a reduced jump height. Lacking a mod to let you walk slopes -- repose -- you wind up needing to place stairs/slabs to get up hillsides. Now, add the ability to carve a walking path rather than having to dig too much and replace.
That sounds horri...

'Welcome to Blood n Bones 2!'

Reactions: 1SDAN

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
In the spirit of my last post, lets edit the endermen.

Lets start by backporting the 1.8 endermite and the fighting of endermite behavior, with a disable in the CFG.
Lets add in detection for carrying a block, and then two modes for dealing with it when you kill one.
1. The block drops as an item and you can pick it up. CFG option for the block being "dug" before it drops to turn it into dirt instead of giving you grass.
2. The block shows up as a "falling sand" entity and falls to the ground where the enderman was standing.

Lets add in a whitelist of additional items that the endermen can pick up, and a CFG option to make them as powerful as they where in the brief period when they could pick up anything that wasn't a tile entity. This comes with a blacklist to reign them in a touch.

Take a look at other mods and if they have a dirt like block, how about detection and auto add?

In the subject of cross mod interaction, how about getting in touch with the author od special mobs and making sure that the advanced forms of the endermen know how to do these tricks.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
If this thread is actually useful I would really like a mod that takes all the metal ingots and any of of them that overlap are made into one, this is for ores, ingots and blocks. It would go in the order of Metallurgy, thermal expansion, and then tinkers construct . Just to make production and storage easier.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If this thread is actually useful I would really like a mod that takes all the metal ingots and any of of them that overlap are made into one, this is for ores, ingots and blocks. It would go in the order of Metallurgy, thermal expansion, and then tinkers construct . Just to make production and storage easier.
GregTech tries to do that (well, it unificates stuff to the GT version, by default), but it occasionally causes problems. The Thermal Expansion induction smelter and magma crucible won't accept GT pyrotheum dust, and no RotaryCraft machines can be crafted with GT steel or even GT HSLA steel. The result is that whenever you take some HSLA out of a RoC blast furnace or some pyrotheum dust out of a crafting table and put it in your inventory, it instantly turns into the totally useless GT version.

But, it's not usually an issue outside of these few cases, and having two or three different versions of copper ingots wasting space in a chest is certainly annoying, so...

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have gregtech or rotarycraft and there are 6 kinds of copper in the pack, I have it set so that the smeltery gives TiCon items whenever possible and that helps but when crafting and un crafting it does mix them up. Which just uses up chest space. I think universal ingots and ores would be really nice because of convienience

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
JABBA Barrels are very useful here imo, they automatically convert any kind of ingot (for example IC2 Tin, into the type that's inside it if it say contains thermal foundation Tin.) It works on ores too, but i think that's it.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... and no RotaryCraft machines can be crafted with GT steel or even GT HSLA steel.

I thought that GT had a carbon steel; I did not know it had an HSLA steel as well. Is it at least comparable to RoC's HSLA steel? (as in, is there an argument to be made that they really are equivalent items?)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
There's been mods that have oreDic converters. Personal favorite has been the Lexicon, but is sadly discontinued. If you have MFR, though, you can run stuff through the Unifier.

I thought that GT had a carbon steel; I did not know it had an HSLA steel as well. Is it at least comparable to RoC's HSLA steel? (as in, is there an argument to be made that they really are equivalent items?)

Tinker's Steelworks Steel uses a very similar recipe to HSLA Steel. But does GregSteel have a similar recipe with a similar amount of effort to make? That's the question you're asking, I believe.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I vaguely remember seeing HSLA steel ingots, nuggets, dusts, rods, gears, etc. in NEI the last time I played Resurrection. However, I'm fairly sure there was no way to actually get them without RoC's blast furnace (which does not exist in that pack), and I have not personally installed GT and RoC at the same time to test it. I'm just repeating complaints I've heard a while back along the lines of "I took some HSLA steel ingots out of my RoC blast furnace, and they instantly turned into GregTech ingots, and now I can't use them to craft anything from RoC."

The solution is to turn off unification for HSLA in GT's configs, but that mod has an insane amount of configs...