Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
It might be interesting to see someone write an interpreter for another language using lua, and throw that into a computer. Maybe a java interpreter so you can play minecraft on a computer while you play minecraft on a computer?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Like ComputerCraft EDU did? It's really cool, but the only reason I didn't do it is because I wanna code :3
And to much work.
Because you wanna code? I don't get it, you'd still be coding if you either made addons or made a mod like that :p Also, I think an API would be much less work, just IMO
Speak for yourself. ;) If it doesn't have sensible object-orientation, it confuses and angers me.
It has prototypal OO, it is sensible, just different than classical :p
Didn't the dude behind CC basically say that was never going to be a thing? (At least, as far as CC was concerned.)
I think he did, which is unfortunate, I think it would be cool
Give moonscript a look then, I have not worked with it but it looks at least somewhat sensible. I kind of want to give it a go but there is just too much stuff to do first.
Looks cool :3

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Give moonscript a look then, I have not worked with it but it looks at least somewhat sensible. I kind of want to give it a go but there is just too much stuff to do first.
Looks even less sensible than LUA to me, but that is just a preference...

Because you wanna code? I don't get it, you'd still be coding if you either made addons or made a mod like that :p Also, I think an API would be much less work, just IMO
I'm not gonna make the mod / addon. I have got a lot of projects going on right now and making a somewhat GDD document of CTD is less time consuming than actually making the mod. If I were to make it it'll have such low priority that I might start next year.. if I hadn't forgotten

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Looks even less sensible than LUA to me, but that is just a preference...

I'm not gonna make the mod / addon. I have got a lot of projects going on right now and making a somewhat GDD document of CTD is less time consuming than actually making the mod. If I were to make it it'll have such low priority that I might start next year.. if I hadn't forgotten
Ah, I didn't understand you initially :p

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that is one of the most detailed mod plans I've ever seen.
As I said I was bored and I would like to have this become a real mod that I can use. I just don't want to code all that myself xD
It can become even more detailed. I haven't yet added the RF consumption, some extra utilities and I still have some funny features in the back of my head if this becomes something people would like to see xD

Just as my signature thingy says:
I'm overflowing with ideas.

This was one of those ideas I had on my own, but then as sketch on paper.
I haven't even added the CTD Machines yet. Redstone Control blocks, sensors, ect. :p

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a good one: A mod that allows you to modify mob behavior when certain criteria is reached. This can simply be how any type is friendly, passive or aggressive to the player. For example, if I get to a certain tier in Blood Magic, zombies and skeletons would become neutral in my presence.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I want a mod that allows you to immediatly pick up any XP orbs within a certain range, because I'm getting damned annoyed at having to wait like a minute before all XP orbs are absorbed and not being able to see anything during the whole thing.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
I want a mod that allows you to immediatly pick up any XP orbs within a certain range, because I'm getting damned annoyed at having to wait like a minute before all XP orbs are absorbed and not being able to see anything during the whole thing.
most magenets work

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
well, often if I'm getting a large amount of XP it means I'm near a mob farm, where I actually don't want to use a magnet as I'd pick up all the drops...
why don't you use a vacuum hopper on the mob farm then? Or one of his many varieties.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a suggestion and more of a request, a mod the replaces air blocks up to a certain height with water.

I mean just a start at height X, if equals air block replace with water, if not water then stop and go forward, if it is water go down, repeat.

It doesn't have to fill caves, in fact not filling caves might be better.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
why don't you use a vacuum hopper on the mob farm then? Or one of his many varieties.

because not every modpack has Openblocks included. some modpacks are balanced and openblocks is left out for balancing reasons, and installing openblocks just for the vacuum hopper will give more problems than solving them.
but if there's a mod that just has the option of instantly absorbing XP orbs within a certain range, that wouldn't really mess with the balance of a pack.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
MFR sewers can do it. RotaryCraft's item vacuum thingy also eats XP orbs, but not instantly, it draws them to it. Give it enough power, though, and it may as well be instant.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
And if you have problems with your mob farm, I don't know how bit the bottom is of your mob farm, but mostly mine is either 1x1 or 2x2. Openblocks is often included in modpacks so just place an xp drain on the bottom with some Tanks below it

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I find that Draconic Evolution and Ender IO combine to make a rather markedly powerful mob essence generator. Just make a powered spawner that makes something simple and cheap, like cows, and use a DE mob grinder. Plus, you get their drops as an added bonus.