Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
having them not spawn and having them insta-killed is the difference here, looking for a way to destroy them once spawned;) i used OpenBlocks to disable hecates from AM2, i could only manage this because someone kindly posted the correct syntax...

i'll re-add a previous suggestion that the 3D analogue could do with something with which to calibrate it, as it is it's woefully inadequate.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
So a few pages back I send in my first mod suggestion and since I don't feel like repeating myself:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/suggest-mods-for-creation-here.22821/page-127#post-1332398

I just wanted to update that I finally added the beginning of CTD Machines.
I was still bored and my magic mod ideas take a little bit more time xD

EDIT:
just found out i unintentionally already implemented an auto-crafting system... Thumbs up for whoever else can find it I'm not a spoiler ^^

Last edited:

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
Idea is in the spoiler, it's somewhat long winded but it really isn't that complex.
Pre-face:
I have been playing a pack that has a few really awesome sets of armor and they are all more or less the same level, but there are some wearable things that are practically necessary to play with another mod effectively. This idea comes from the desire to not have to compromise my late game dream suit and still make use of other mods.

Idea:
The current idea is for an "linking" armor set, and some armor stands but it could probably be expanded to more than armor fairly easily.
  • The armor stands would have a simple gui that you access by right clicking with an open hand, if you right click with a piece of armor in your hand it will place it on the stand, or trade it with another piece that is on the stand(helm for helm), it would also hold baubles but only accessed through the gui.
  • There are two types of stands a "Main" stand and a "sub" stand.
  • Each sub stand can be linked with only 1 Main stand, 1 Linked armor piece can only be linked to one Main stand, and each Main stand can only be linked to 1 Linked armor set. No free duplicate op armor sets.
  • The Main stand is created with a sub stand that has a full set of the linking armor, including baubles, on it.
  • Once all of the linking armor is on the same sub stand it becomes a linked Armor set that can then be worn and the sub stand becomes a Main stand.
  • The linked armor itself does not give any stats.
  • However, when you put armor on the Main stand the linked armor gains all the properties of that armor, config option to make it also look like it.
  • If the armor in the stand has a durability, that armor will degrade not the linked armor.
  • You can now link sub stands to the main stand by placing a piece of the linked armor in it, you can un-link it by breaking it.
  • Any armor placed in a linked sub stand will transfer it's effects to the main stand and therefore to the player.
  • This does not include defense, meaning if you place diamond armor in a sub stand it does nothing for you.
  • But if you have enchanted iron armor you now gain those enchantments.
  • Armor stands will accept EU/RF/Steam/Other? as a means to "charge" any armor inside of it, only RF will actually power the stands though.
  • Only the main stand actually needs to be powered, but all of them can accept power, can be used to hide cables.

A possible use case:
Any armor that does not have thaumcraft support could be placed in the main stand giving you all the benefits of that armor.
Now place some goggles of revealing in a linked sub stand. Now you can have benefit of seeing nodes easily without forgoing your favorite armor set because it can't be combined normally.

Some Balance/Usability stuff:
  • I want it to be possible for this to be played on its own with vanilla.
  • Meaning there would be a second part to this mod that can be disabled through config. It would have some cheap RF generators, some cheap storage and pipes, none of which would be strong on its own but you could make a lot of them to power your suit if need be. Basically they should be very space inefficient, even if they are relatively cheap to make. The pipes would be a kind of tier system, craft 4 of tier n along with some item and you get tier n+1 which could handle double the rf of tier n.

• Because I want this to be playable with vanilla there would be another config option for easy crafting/hard crafting.
  • This option would be the difference between the armor and stands being crafted with a few diamonds and nether stars to being crafted with "energized diamond stars" or something more appropriate for the average modpack.
  • Shift right clicking a stand will let you pick it up while maintaining the link and not dropping the armor it holds.
  • In order for the linked armor to transfer the stats from the main stand to your linked armor the main stand must be powered, maybe a mid tier power cost.
  • Each linked sub stand doubles the power consumption even if there is only one piece on it, gets expensive quick.
I think that more or less completely details my idea, I'll edit to add more if I think of anything or get any good suggestions.
I also may end up implementing this myself, but anyone is welcome to take this idea, nothing needs to reference me or this post, but if you do decide to work on this I would like to know so I can try out yours and also save myself from the duplicate effort.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Idea is in the spoiler, it's somewhat long winded but it really isn't that complex.
Pre-face:
I have been playing a pack that has a few really awesome sets of armor and they are all more or less the same level, but there are some wearable things that are practically necessary to play with another mod effectively. This idea comes from the desire to not have to compromise my late game dream suit and still make use of other mods.

Idea:
The current idea is for an "linking" armor set, and some armor stands but it could probably be expanded to more than armor fairly easily.
  • The armor stands would have a simple gui that you access by right clicking with an open hand, if you right click with a piece of armor in your hand it will place it on the stand, or trade it with another piece that is on the stand(helm for helm), it would also hold baubles but only accessed through the gui.
  • There are two types of stands a "Main" stand and a "sub" stand.
  • Each sub stand can be linked with only 1 Main stand, 1 Linked armor piece can only be linked to one Main stand, and each Main stand can only be linked to 1 Linked armor set. No free duplicate op armor sets.
  • The Main stand is created with a sub stand that has a full set of the linking armor, including baubles, on it.
  • Once all of the linking armor is on the same sub stand it becomes a linked Armor set that can then be worn and the sub stand becomes a Main stand.
  • The linked armor itself does not give any stats.
  • However, when you put armor on the Main stand the linked armor gains all the properties of that armor, config option to make it also look like it.
  • If the armor in the stand has a durability, that armor will degrade not the linked armor.
  • You can now link sub stands to the main stand by placing a piece of the linked armor in it, you can un-link it by breaking it.
  • Any armor placed in a linked sub stand will transfer it's effects to the main stand and therefore to the player.
  • This does not include defense, meaning if you place diamond armor in a sub stand it does nothing for you.
  • But if you have enchanted iron armor you now gain those enchantments.
  • Armor stands will accept EU/RF/Steam/Other? as a means to "charge" any armor inside of it, only RF will actually power the stands though.
  • Only the main stand actually needs to be powered, but all of them can accept power, can be used to hide cables.

A possible use case:
Any armor that does not have thaumcraft support could be placed in the main stand giving you all the benefits of that armor.
Now place some goggles of revealing in a linked sub stand. Now you can have benefit of seeing nodes easily without forgoing your favorite armor set because it can't be combined normally.

Some Balance/Usability stuff:
  • I want it to be possible for this to be played on its own with vanilla.
  • Meaning there would be a second part to this mod that can be disabled through config. It would have some cheap RF generators, some cheap storage and pipes, none of which would be strong on its own but you could make a lot of them to power your suit if need be. Basically they should be very space inefficient, even if they are relatively cheap to make. The pipes would be a kind of tier system, craft 4 of tier n along with some item and you get tier n+1 which could handle double the rf of tier n.

• Because I want this to be playable with vanilla there would be another config option for easy crafting/hard crafting.
  • This option would be the difference between the armor and stands being crafted with a few diamonds and nether stars to being crafted with "energized diamond stars" or something more appropriate for the average modpack.
  • Shift right clicking a stand will let you pick it up while maintaining the link and not dropping the armor it holds.
  • In order for the linked armor to transfer the stats from the main stand to your linked armor the main stand must be powered, maybe a mid tier power cost.
  • Each linked sub stand doubles the power consumption even if there is only one piece on it, gets expensive quick.
I think that more or less completely details my idea, I'll edit to add more if I think of anything or get any good suggestions.
I also may end up implementing this myself, but anyone is welcome to take this idea, nothing needs to reference me or this post, but if you do decide to work on this I would like to know so I can try out yours and also save myself from the duplicate effort.
Cool suggestion, I have an idea for how you could do it, however the cross-mod compatibility is the hardest part because if they directly check whether the player has the armor set to do damage reduction then it will still give damage reduction. A possible alternative is to make a small API for the mod

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
Cool suggestion, I have an idea for how you could do it, however the cross-mod compatibility is the hardest part because if they directly check whether the player has the armor set to do damage reduction then it will still give damage reduction. A possible alternative is to make a small API for the mod

I'm still not familiar enough with all the internal interactions between the code to really know if this would work, but I had been thinking that it could be coded to forward event calls to all the linked armor sets. So a Playerfalling event would get sent to all armors and because they would receive all the regular event information they should still provide their regular abilities like not taking fall damage.
For the Goggles of Revealing example, because I don't think it works by event call, I think it acts like an enchantment/buff, it would be handled by the stands acting as "ghost players", think transvector interface from thaumcraft, when the goggles on the ghost player apply their "buff" it also gets applied to the actual player, and if the goggles need to check the player for the buff activity it could just check the the ghost player it is attached to.
I don't know if that would work, but it makes sense to me.

I guess this also means that I would have to make it so that you can not mix armor sets, maybe even player specific.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still not familiar enough with all the internal interactions between the code to really know if this would work, but I had been thinking that it could be coded to forward event calls to all the linked armor sets. So a Playerfalling event would get sent to all armors and because they would receive all the regular event information they should still provide their regular abilities like not taking fall damage.
For the Goggles of Revealing example, because I don't think it works by event call, I think it acts like an enchantment/buff, it would be handled by the stands acting as "ghost players", think transvector interface from thaumcraft, when the goggles on the ghost player apply their "buff" it also gets applied to the actual player, and if the goggles need to check the player for the buff activity it could just check the the ghost player it is attached to.
I don't know if that would work, but it makes sense to me.

I guess this also means that I would have to make it so that you can not mix armor sets, maybe even player specific.
The events are called on the player, not the armor sets, the ghost player is a possibility though, and you could mix armor sets still, just have a list of what players are connected to that stand. That would cover all effects, the problem is that when say, a player tries to do something that requires an armor set the mod will call a method on the player that gets the armor it has, this is a vanilla method. So the best way to do this would be to make an API for it, a place in this mod where people could call to get the list of armors

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
The events are called on the player, not the armor sets, the ghost player is a possibility though, and you could mix armor sets still, just have a list of what players are connected to that stand. That would cover all effects, the problem is that when say, a player tries to do something that requires an armor set the mod will call a method on the player that gets the armor it has, this is a vanilla method. So the best way to do this would be to make an API for it, a place in this mod where people could call to get the list of armors

Either I am just not understanding because I haven't dug into the code enough or I explained myself wrong.
My concept of how armor/mods interact with the player:
A player entity has an event fire of "collided with projectile".
In the method that gets called by that event fire it checks what armor/buffs the player has,
and calls methods of those items/buffs for "collided with projectile".
Those methods in the items/buffs are the ones that hold the mod code for interactions.

^The more I read my own concept the more wrong it sounds.

Loosely how I imagine this working:
Trying to interact with some block in the world.
That block requires the player to be wearing something specific in order to interact with it.
So it checks to see if the player is wearing it.
What my code would be doing is essentially multiplying that call.
meaning that the check for a specific thing would get called on all of the ghost players.
So if any of the ghosts returned the required item as true it would allow access to the player.

^Hope that is a little bit clearer at least for how I am thinking, even if it is wrong.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Either I am just not understanding because I haven't dug into the code enough or I explained myself wrong.
My concept of how armor/mods interact with the player:
A player entity has an event fire of "collided with projectile".
In the method that gets called by that event fire it checks what armor/buffs the player has,
and calls methods of those items/buffs for "collided with projectile".
Those methods in the items/buffs are the ones that hold the mod code for interactions.

^The more I read my own concept the more wrong it sounds.

Loosely how I imagine this working:
Trying to interact with some block in the world.
That block requires the player to be wearing something specific in order to interact with it.
So it checks to see if the player is wearing it.
What my code would be doing is essentially multiplying that call.
meaning that the check for a specific thing would get called on all of the ghost players.
So if any of the ghosts returned the required item as true it would allow access to the player.

^Hope that is a little bit clearer at least for how I am thinking, even if it is wrong.
Yeah, the problem is, the way they check is they get what armor the player is wearing, not with a isWearing(Armor) kind of check, so ASMing into that method isn't an option

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to spend some time digging in to this, I really want to find a way to let this work "out of the box" with other mods.
I'm glad you like the idea though, and thanks for the discussion, I appreciate it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno if this exists, but listening to Botania's epic boss fight music, I kinda want a mod that adds bosses to the Overworld. Not ones like the wither, that you have to summon, but ones like the stuff in Twilight Forest, that get their own structures and whatnot in worldgen. Got a few ideas, myself... (some shamelessly ripped from D&D 3.5's Epic Level Handbook...)

• Elder Red Dragon - Spawns in extreme hills biomes, with its own mountain and associated treasure horde. Fast, agile, has flight, and can either use fire as a breath weapon or to spit explosive fireballs. Drops red dragon scales and red dragon bones for making various bits of equipment and whatnot.
  • Ancient Black Dragon - Spawns in swamp biomes; lives in a cave with a vast treasure horde. Not as fast or agile as the red, but retains flight capability and can either spew acid, fire acid balls, or create stationary acid clouds that do damage over time and make non-powered tools and armour degrade. Drops black dragon scales and bones.
  • Hecatonchires - Spawns anywhere, has a mound that it lives in. Not very quick (due to size), but each hit deals massive amounts of damage. Extremely durable and immune to potion effects, but can burn. On death, drops rare and valuable loot. Mound contains 1-2 high-level dungeon loot chests.
  • Prismatic Dragon - Spawns anywhere. Lives in a cave that has at least 5 high-level dungeon loot chests. Quick, vicious, and insanely durable. Prismatic breath has chance to inflict any single negative potion effect, as well as dealing large amounts of damage. Can turn invisible and teleport, has 25% chance to teleport away from ranged attacks. Drops prismatic dragon scales and bones, as well as prismatic essence.
  • Paragon Mind Flayer - Lives underground in a lightless cave. Has large, personal treasure trove. Moves slightly faster than an average player, but has powerful magic at its disposal. Can inflict blindness, poison, and weakness, and will do so more often when low on health. Attacks against players not wearing helmets have a 5% chance for instant kill. Can conjure lightning and fire balls. Can teleport, and has 50% chance to teleport away from ranged attacks. Heals with each player killed.
  • Mountain King - Massive troll, literally the size of a mountain. Slow, but hits extremely hard and has a great deal of health, which naturally regenerates. Vulnerable to fire-based attacks and, while burning, will not regenerate. Does not have a home or treasure trove. When killed, drops a large amount of rare loot. Regeneration rate increases by 50% during nighttime.
Of course, each boss would get their own, badass theme played when you're fighting them.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno if this exists, but listening to Botania's epic boss fight music, I kinda want a mod that adds bosses to the Overworld. Not ones like the wither, that you have to summon, but ones like the stuff in Twilight Forest, that get their own structures and whatnot in worldgen. Got a few ideas, myself... (some shamelessly ripped from D&D 3.5's Epic Level Handbook...)

• Elder Red Dragon - Spawns in extreme hills biomes, with its own mountain and associated treasure horde. Fast, agile, has flight, and can either use fire as a breath weapon or to spit explosive fireballs. Drops red dragon scales and red dragon bones for making various bits of equipment and whatnot.
  • Ancient Black Dragon - Spawns in swamp biomes; lives in a cave with a vast treasure horde. Not as fast or agile as the red, but retains flight capability and can either spew acid, fire acid balls, or create stationary acid clouds that do damage over time and make non-powered tools and armour degrade. Drops black dragon scales and bones.
  • Hecatonchires - Spawns anywhere, has a mound that it lives in. Not very quick (due to size), but each hit deals massive amounts of damage. Extremely durable and immune to potion effects, but can burn. On death, drops rare and valuable loot. Mound contains 1-2 high-level dungeon loot chests.
  • Prismatic Dragon - Spawns anywhere. Lives in a cave that has at least 5 high-level dungeon loot chests. Quick, vicious, and insanely durable. Prismatic breath has chance to inflict any single negative potion effect, as well as dealing large amounts of damage. Can turn invisible and teleport, has 25% chance to teleport away from ranged attacks. Drops prismatic dragon scales and bones, as well as prismatic essence.
  • Paragon Mind Flayer - Lives underground in a lightless cave. Has large, personal treasure trove. Moves slightly faster than an average player, but has powerful magic at its disposal. Can inflict blindness, poison, and weakness, and will do so more often when low on health. Attacks against players not wearing helmets have a 5% chance for instant kill. Can conjure lightning and fire balls. Can teleport, and has 50% chance to teleport away from ranged attacks. Heals with each player killed.
  • Mountain King - Massive troll, literally the size of a mountain. Slow, but hits extremely hard and has a great deal of health, which naturally regenerates. Vulnerable to fire-based attacks and, while burning, will not regenerate. Does not have a home or treasure trove. When killed, drops a large amount of rare loot. Regeneration rate increases by 50% during nighttime.
Of course, each boss would get their own, badass theme played when you're fighting them.

I could see that being a lot of fun in a questing themed pack.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Terraria like Vanity system. And wings but I already suggested that(Not like the Angel ring but you have limited flight and then you can get better ones later on)

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019

I totally agree. Im currently busy designing (not making, i do not make mods) a mod with as purpose to bring a little "life" to the overworld. new battle mechanics, new mobs, mini bosses and ofc an epic boss.
I already have a lot of mobs, but is it ok if I use your mobs? (im at work so havent read them thoroughly yet, but I certainly will).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk