Request Suggest mods for creation here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Or maybe you make a "blank chest" and then you right click it with the block, and it gets that block's texture.
So you right click it with dirt; dirt texture, you right click it with favourite wood planks;favourite wood planks texture, right click it with a beacon;beacon texture, etc.
Sure, that'd work too, might look weird with non-block textures, but gives you the ultimate in "interior design" regarding chests.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a mod that causes chests to use the plank texture (vanilla and modded) of the wood they are crafted from, and only planks of the same crafting material connect to form a double chest. Bit like how Factorization uses the wood textures for it's barrels.
Sure it means that you must have 8 of the same plank texture to build a chest, but at least you can have some variation/interest in your builds when using chests.

why not instead have the user craft a wood specific chest by using the 8 logs > 4 chests recipe?
that way you can keep the original vanilla chest recipe that could use any type of wooden plank, and you can get wood specific chests by using the logs recipe.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
why not instead have the user craft a wood specific chest by using the 8 logs > 4 chests recipe?
that way you can keep the original vanilla chest recipe that could use any type of wooden plank, and you can get wood specific chests by using the logs recipe.
Yep, that would work too.

With dynamic layered textures, there would only need to be two textures for the mod itself. The "detail" such as edges/trim/lock for both single and double size chest.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a mod that causes chests to use the plank texture (vanilla and modded) of the wood they are crafted from, and only planks of the same crafting material connect to form a double chest. Bit like how Factorization uses the wood textures for it's barrels.
Sure it means that you must have 8 of the same plank texture to build a chest, but at least you can have some variation/interest in your builds when using chests.
I think Gany's does this. I ran into exactly this by accident, the other day, when a chest I made out of oak wood did not pair with the bonus chest I started with.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, that would work too.

With dynamic layered textures, there would only need to be two textures for the mod itself. The "detail" such as edges/trim/lock for both single and double size chest.

this would perhaps also be a nice way of having several 1 block chests next to eachother instead of having to tripwire hook every other chest

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
*coughVarietyChestscough*

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite. Vanilla 1.8 enchanting still requires at least a max of 30 to enchant an object at the highest *avaliable* enchants given. Anything else would be through the anvil, and even then there's still an upper limit to the total enchant "value" (for each enchantment has a given value) to the item, if it can be enchanted normally. (There are mod/plugins that get around that, but we're talking about Vanilla.)

Still, moot point--the same still holds true in Vanilla 1.7.10. This is one of those cases where I suggest you look at how Thaumcraft handles enchanting; I strongly suspect Anzzy made his own enchantment handler instead of hooking into the vanilla one.

You have to have 30 levels to unlock but when you enchant an item or book only 3 levels for max level is consumed along with some lapis.

So it's fixed in a way

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Chickenbones' Wireless Redstone mod is great, but sometimes I can't quite get a Receiver to the block I need. (This is mostly an issue with elaborate piston contraptions.) So I was thinking, it would be great if there was a way to teleport a redstone signal to a specific block at a specific co-ordinate without needing to put a receiver there. For balance purposes, the transmitter would need some kind of energy input to keep the signal sustained, like 1 RF/t while the signal is active or something like that.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Both are close, but both are limited in that the textures are not dynamic. Textures come with the mods, and not from the resource pack being used.
Or you can just whack together the textures you want and insert them into the .jar file. SanAndreasP won't mind; I know I've already forked the project to try and add more chests to its repitore. (Right now just Natura and BoP, but am looking at others. I'll leave Forestry to someone else.)

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Requesting a simple client-side mod that improves optimizes cloud rendering, as well as adding an option to change cloud height.

Frankly I'm surprised I haven't been able to find anything along the lines of this other than Optifine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golrith

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I discussed this on IRC the other day, but I will put this here so that it has the possibility of being picked up by a skilled mod dev.

Put as simply as possible, this mod would be a modular multiblock ore processing system. I am thinking Mekanism-esque processing, but in a multiblock instead of a long processing chain of machines. You would improve the efficiency of the ore processing by having certain blocks, which would have their own requirements (extra fluids, other blocks in the structure for cooling, additional items) and certain layouts within the structure would give bonuses in different ways with the same blocks (such as processing speed, energy efficiency, and output). But most importantly, you could stop at whatever level of complexity you desired.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I discussed this on IRC the other day, but I will put this here so that it has the possibility of being picked up by a skilled mod dev.

Put as simply as possible, this mod would be a modular multiblock ore processing system. I am thinking Mekanism-esque processing, but in a multiblock instead of a long processing chain of machines. You would improve the efficiency of the ore processing by having certain blocks, which would have their own requirements (extra fluids, other blocks in the structure for cooling, additional items) and certain layouts within the structure would give bonuses in different ways with the same blocks (such as processing speed, energy efficiency, and output). But most importantly, you could stop at whatever level of complexity you desired.

perhaps something similar to Modular Systems?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps something similar to Modular Systems?
Yes, but ideally it would be much more complex, allowing for multiple steps in processing with additional inputs required and byproducts needing to be removed at certain steps. So the best way to describe the idea would be Mekanism meets Modular Systems.

Perhaps you could have blocks which would allow inputs and outputs for all blocks in contact with one of its faces, to allow for compacting the pipe system and allowing access to interior blocks.