Request Suggest mods for creation here

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds more tools/materials to TiCon. There can never be enough :D but seriously I think a mod that adds wands and other magic stuff plus other things and armor forge would be cool for a TiCon add on

Pavilion5097

Jul 29, 2019
So i have a fleshed out mod idea to go with a RPG mod that my friend is working on for me. But to not overwhelm him im turning to the community for help with this other idea.
Its an RPG Weapons pack with a new way to create weapons instead of just a crafting table.
Instead of randomly enchanting your tools this mod would add a new Augmenting system to add custom buff's to your weapons.
New ores and Metals to make more powerful tools.

That is just the short list of what the mod would do for the longer list check out the google doc below.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KQm1qxYzzBtW99QmqM6lXDZN24_DepMyB52RVkaHWc4/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HjW9zywja0UCiVRL4ItjMiFNAUgwQX1Se9hLz3yr4XE/edit?usp=sharing

The first one is for the weapons and the second link is for the armor.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
1. no. Extra utilities is a discordant collection of balance issues and ridiculousness. I give you a potion generator, and raise you a pink generator. wtf is that about?
2. additionally, the "Ender" quarry is not a quarry, its a magic block replacing device. This might be good for lag, but seriously, I expect a quarry to make a big hole in the ground.

So, I reiterate, a mod that provides a quarry, and only a quarry, would be a hit.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/quarry-minus.49648/

Reactions: Padfoote

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a new(ish) idea: Blacksmithing metal parts for Tinker's Construct.

There are 4 new main types of blocks:

Smithing Anvil (The metal level of the anvil determines what level of tools it can smith. This is the core of this TiCo addon. You can place 2 different item stacks on the anvil, one ingot stack (Up to 8 max), and one etc. slot (Single item slot, primarily for Tool Patterns to go here but with Minetweaker can be used for other functions). After heating the ingot to the right temperature (Be quick, this will cool down over time!), grab the hot item(s) with your tongs (Can grab two hot ingots at a time), and shift-right click on the anvil with the tongs to place the hot ingot(s) to prepare for smithing. Repeat until you have the right amount of ingots. You then right click the anvil (Satisfying 'clang!' sound included!) until the ingot(s) form into the new tool head.)

Smithing Forge (This heats up ingots to a specific melting point, take the ingot out too early, it's not workable and you have to reheat it. Too hot, and the metal melts. The metal level of the forge determines the maximum temperature of the item. Needs any furnace fuel to heat up)

Smithing Bellows (This item pushes the limits of the forge, and can allow you to heat up the forge faster at the cost of fuel. Funnily enough, it makes vanilla furnaces do the same too. Requires manual clicking, although the role of the bellows can be substituted by the Arcane Bellows from Thaumcraft.)

Smithing Basin (Made out of smeltery bricks, this container acts as a basic tank for fluids that don't float. However, with water in it, this block is useful for instantly cooling down hot tool heads or ingots when they're ready! You'll just need to top it up every now and then, and you'll be golden.)

New tools:
Smithing Hammer: Needs one Smithing Hammer head, a tool binding and a tool rod. This item is needed for smithing jobs (Described above in the Anvil area), and with a hard mode config enabled is needed alongside the chisel for making chiseled blocks.

Tongs: Needs 2 Tong Pincers and 2 Tool Rods. These items are needed to pick up hot ingots/tool parts (otherwise you'll be on fire whenever it's in your inventory). More functions are described in the Anvil area.

Handsaw: Needs a Handsaw Blade, a Tool Binding and a Tool Rod. Not needed for smithing jobs, but can be used to make custom handsaws for microblocks.

New weapons:
Spear: Needs a Spear Head, a tool binding and a tool rod. A new piercing weapon with a longer range than most swords, designed for use on horseback. Less armour piercing than a rapier but with blocking and longer range.

Mace: Needs a Mace head, a tool binding and a tool rod. Think a more weaponised version of the frying pan, plus a more devastating effect on unarmoured foes.

Reactions: 1SDAN

bounding star

Jul 29, 2019
This is scarily close to an idea I had long before I had even heard of tconstruct. I think this could also see some effects such as tempering and annealing, depending on how quickly you cool a part or how many times you reheat it.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a new(ish) idea: Blacksmithing metal parts for Tinker's Construct.

There are 4 new main types of blocks:

Smithing Anvil (The metal level of the anvil determines what level of tools it can smith. This is the core of this TiCo addon. You can place 2 different item stacks on the anvil, one ingot stack (Up to 8 max), and one etc. slot (Single item slot, primarily for Tool Patterns to go here but with Minetweaker can be used for other functions). After heating the ingot to the right temperature (Be quick, this will cool down over time!), grab the hot item(s) with your tongs (Can grab two hot ingots at a time), and shift-right click on the anvil with the tongs to place the hot ingot(s) to prepare for smithing. Repeat until you have the right amount of ingots. You then right click the anvil (Satisfying 'clang!' sound included!) until the ingot(s) form into the new tool head.)

Smithing Forge (This heats up ingots to a specific melting point, take the ingot out too early, it's not workable and you have to reheat it. Too hot, and the metal melts. The metal level of the forge determines the maximum temperature of the item. Needs any furnace fuel to heat up)

Smithing Bellows (This item pushes the limits of the forge, and can allow you to heat up the forge faster at the cost of fuel. Funnily enough, it makes vanilla furnaces do the same too. Requires manual clicking, although the role of the bellows can be substituted by the Arcane Bellows from Thaumcraft.)

Smithing Basin (Made out of smeltery bricks, this container acts as a basic tank for fluids that don't float. However, with water in it, this block is useful for instantly cooling down hot tool heads or ingots when they're ready! You'll just need to top it up every now and then, and you'll be golden.)

New tools:
Smithing Hammer: Needs one Smithing Hammer head, a tool binding and a tool rod. This item is needed for smithing jobs (Described above in the Anvil area), and with a hard mode config enabled is needed alongside the chisel for making chiseled blocks.

Tongs: Needs 2 Tong Pincers and 2 Tool Rods. These items are needed to pick up hot ingots/tool parts (otherwise you'll be on fire whenever it's in your inventory). More functions are described in the Anvil area.

Handsaw: Needs a Handsaw Blade, a Tool Binding and a Tool Rod. Not needed for smithing jobs, but can be used to make custom handsaws for microblocks.

New weapons:
Spear: Needs a Spear Head, a tool binding and a tool rod. A new piercing weapon with a longer range than most swords, designed for use on horseback. Less armour piercing than a rapier but with blocking and longer range.

Mace: Needs a Mace head, a tool binding and a tool rod. Think a more weaponised version of the frying pan, plus a more devastating effect on unarmoured foes.

I like what you've got so far, but here are I couple of ideas I'd like to see.

First, I think that players should be able to throw spears by holding and releasing right click. An enemy hit by a thrown spear will take a massive amount of damage while a critical hit on an unarmored enemy results in an instant kill.

Second, I think you should add a couple more new weapons such as the halberd, flanged mace or morningstar, francisca (throwing axe), and scimitar/shamshir or kilij.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

First, I think that players should be able to throw spears by holding and releasing right click. An enemy hit by a thrown spear will take a massive amount of damage while a critical hit on an unarmored enemy results in an instant kill.

Second, I think you should add a couple more new weapons such as the halberd, flanged mace or morningstar, francisca (throwing axe), and scimitar/shamshir or kilij.
Many of those are added by Balkon's weapons mod.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019

Insta-kill is pretty extreme, there is a reason mankind moved from spear to bow even at the relatively short range most hunting was carried out in.

I do like the idea of a throwable tinkers spear, and would also enjoy seeing an atl-atl added. That said the atl-atl really would not fill a different role from a bow. atl-atl darts are too light weight to be used effectively in meelee.

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Many of those are added by Balkon's weapons mod.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking of making it a compatibility function.

And the spears, I think that would be fun too. Instakill is kinda OP though.

This is scarily close to an idea I had long before I had even heard of tconstruct. I think this could also see some effects such as tempering and annealing, depending on how quickly you cool a part or how many times you reheat it.

I didn't know you thought of that o.o. I got the idea from both Terrafirmacraft (go play it, it's an awesome mod), and what Toops was planning for Tinker's Steelworks. Tempering could work as 'if you temper the metal by heating it really quickly to near-melting temperatures, keeping it at that temperature, and cool it down in air, you can get bonus durability', and annealing could work as 'if you heat it up and let it cool down over a long period of time, repairing is made much easier and uses less resources'.

Okay, part 2 for more weapons, since Tinker's Construct doesn't have enough weapons /s:

Halberd: A weapon designed for fighting horseback enemies, this weapon immediately dismounts any person riding a vehicle when hit, as well as dealing damage to the horse. For non-horse murdering, it also acts as a combo spear and axe.

Tomahawk: A strong axe-based melee weapon, useful for both hitting enemies full on or thrown.

Scimitar: A sword especially designed for rapid horseback strikes, this one deals bonus damage when striking enemies while on a horse but also cannot hurt the horse you are riding, so you cannot accidentally kill the horse you're riding on and get rekt by guys on the ground.

Boomerang: Not a sword or an item, it's effectively a knife that returns to you. Cannot be made out of metals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SDAN and the_j485

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and a horse mounted spear is a lance, spears, lances, and pikes all have very different properties even if their basic appearance is similiar.

A spear should be quit durable with blocking and such, possibly thrown at very short range
A lance is light weight breaks easily but when used in a mounted charge can cause devastating damage
A pike really doesn't belong in minecraft.......

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
A pike is more like a sword on a stick. It's essentially a longer-bladed spear, very useful for keeping opponents at bay. Perhaps it has better melee damage that a spear, as well as a better reach, as it's also bloody massive?

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and a horse mounted spear is a lance, spears, lances, and pikes all have very different properties even if their basic appearance is similiar.

A spear should be quit durable with blocking and such, possibly thrown at very short range
A lance is light weight breaks easily but when used in a mounted charge can cause devastating damage
A pike really doesn't belong in minecraft.......

About the pike, it was designed to be used in numbers, to stop charges by enemies while other soldiers loaded their bows/muskets, so unless you could get a whole group of people, I agree that it wouldn't work in Minecraft well.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
A true pike is useless one on one they are a weapon of massed combat....... unless you are playing on some kind of server recreating early gunpowder warfare I don't see many minecraft players fighting shoulder to shoulder.

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
In other words, This picture:
Pike_square_img_3653.jpg

(i know it's a recreation in public but still, you get the idea)

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
And now for a potential (unoriginal) name for the addon idea: Tinker's Forge & Smithery (TiF&S)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno if this has been suggested yet or not, but a dream I had last night gave me a rather interesting idea, perhaps as part of Redstone Arsenal: flux-infused pet upgrades, and pet cyberization. Turn your regular old Fido the Dog into Fido the Cyberhound; he's faster, stronger, and more durable than his normal cousins. The same goes for your kitty! Turn your little, chest-sitting fluff ball into Whiskers the Wonder Cat, who valiantly hunts creepers with his lightning speed, keen senses, and flux-infused claws!

The advantages, other than the obvious ones, are that your pets would no longer require food, and have a small, protective force field around them that runs off RF, acting as high-strength armour. Instead of feeding your pets normal, organic food, you'd feed them Flux Treats, a stackable food that recharges their batteries and heals them a small amount. You can even apply a few (maybe three or so) upgrades to them to improve their strength, speed, durability, flux capacitance, and other such things. Plus, the better you make their initial cyberization parts, the better the result will be. Every point of damage they suffer, be it from combat or environmental hazards such as drowning, burning, or falling, costs their internal batteries 250 RF; healing wounds costs 100 RF per point healed, at a rate of +1 health per second, but this can be affected by upgrades.

I think the cyberization tiers would go a little something like this...

1. Hardened: Uses invar as a primary crafting component. Your pet is 10% faster and deals +2 damage in combat. They're treated as having iron armour, and can hold 10,000 RF.
  2. Flux-Infused: Uses flux-infused electrum as a primary crafting component. Your pet gains +15% movement speed and +3 combat damage. Their armour level is now equivalent to diamond, and they can hold 25,000 RF. In addition, their force field gives them a small (2%) chance to ignore the damage from any attack.
  3. Resonant: Uses enderium as a primary crafting component. +20% movement speed and +4 combat damage. Their armour level is now 10% stronger than diamond, and they can hold 50,000 RF. Their chance to ignore attacks is raised to 3%.
  4. Cryotheum-Hardened Enderium: A new crafting component, created by processing enderium ingots in a fluid transposer filled with gelid cryotheum. +33% movement speed and +8 combat damage. Armour is now 30% stronger than diamond, and capacity is raised to 100,000 RF. Chance to ignore attacks is raised to 4%, and any ignored attack now refills their battery by 100 RF per point of damage ignored.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThomazM and 1SDAN

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno if this has been suggested yet or not, but a dream I had last night gave me a rather interesting idea, perhaps as part of Redstone Arsenal: flux-infused pet upgrades, and pet cyberization. Turn your regular old Fido the Dog into Fido the Cyberhound; he's faster, stronger, and more durable than his normal cousins. The same goes for your kitty! Turn your little, chest-sitting fluff ball into Whiskers the Wonder Cat, who valiantly hunts creepers with his lightning speed, keen senses, and flux-infused claws!

The advantages, other than the obvious ones, are that your pets would no longer require food, and have a small, protective force field around them that runs off RF, acting as high-strength armour. Instead of feeding your pets normal, organic food, you'd feed them Flux Treats, a stackable food that recharges their batteries and heals them a small amount. You can even apply a few (maybe three or so) upgrades to them to improve their strength, speed, durability, flux capacitance, and other such things. Plus, the better you make their initial cyberization parts, the better the result will be. Every point of damage they suffer, be it from combat or environmental hazards such as drowning, burning, or falling, costs their internal batteries 250 RF; healing wounds costs 100 RF per point healed, at a rate of +1 health per second, but this can be affected by upgrades.

1. Hardened: Uses invar as a primary crafting component. Your pet is 10% faster and deals +2 damage in combat. They're treated as having iron armour, and can hold 10,000 RF.
  2. Flux-Infused: Uses flux-infused electrum as a primary crafting component. Your pet gains +15% movement speed and +3 combat damage. Their armour level is now equivalent to diamond, and they can hold 25,000 RF. In addition, their force field gives them a small (2%) chance to ignore the damage from any attack.
  3. Resonant: Uses enderium as a primary crafting component. +20% movement speed and +4 combat damage. Their armour level is now 10% stronger than diamond, and they can hold 50,000 RF. Their chance to ignore attacks is raised to 3%.
  4. Cryotheum-Hardened Enderium: A new crafting component, created by processing enderium ingots in a fluid transposer filled with gelid cryotheum. +33% movement speed and +8 combat damage. Armour is now 30% stronger than diamond, and capacity is raised to 100,000 RF. Chance to ignore attacks is raised to 4%, and any ignored attack now refills their battery by 100 RF per point of damage ignored.
sounds interesting, though one of the upgrades needs to be a mute button......

Reactions: jdog1408 and 1SDAN

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

you're forgetting the best one, Dallas the noble steed
turn your regular horse into a super horse. this super horse has the same flux abilities as fido and whiskers as the super horse does not need food anymore and has a smal protective force field, but you can also equip the super horse with a flux infused horse armor which can be fully upgraded to improve protection, step up assist, running speed and jumping strength
but there's more, install 2 jetpacks into the horse armor and you can fly upto 20 blocks high with your super hose, but wait, there's more, install a glider and you can glide through the skies on your noble steed
but wait, there's even more!! you can even mount fido or whiskers onto Dallas, and give them a laser and they'll attack any hostile mobs near you who're agressive to you

and did you think that was all? ofcourse not, because you can even attach strongboxes to your super horse and have your own portable storage on the go