Request Suggest mods for creation here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I know about the thaumcraft builders wand feature that lets you swap blocks for other blocks. How about this as a more common feature? Thru enchant or whatever get it so while holding shit you can replace the last few blocks you have mined with others in your inventory. So useful for cavern bases with uniform walls. Even TiCo maybe throw an ender eye on a pick or shovel for this effect.

So we can run around smearing poop on the walls?

Reactions: 1SDAN

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see someone make an addon for ex nihilo which would introduce a set of machines. The machines would have an input for blocks that can be sieved and would output into an inventory. Each tier of machine would be faster and cost more. The machines would require power. IC2, RF, BC) The autonomous activator from TE doesn't require power and comes with a whole slew of other items.

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so here's my idea.

A mod that makes the overworld seem more like a realistic wilderness with big and small game. Remove Skeletons and Zombies...and replace them with things like skittish deer to hunt, hostile Grizzly Bears, hostile big cats...snakes...badgers maybe. Add recipes for weapons and utilities that are specifically used to hunt...like rifles of varying quality, compound bows, camouflage gear, bait, traps, machete's, nets, tree stands, etc. Drops would be new types of food, pelts for crafting, bones (replacing skelly drop), and venom from snakes (poison tipped arrows for hunting perhaps?). Random carcasses could be found...like a deer that was killed by another predator, that maybe could provide some rotten flesh (replacing zombie drop).

The nether and the end would remain unchanged...they would be the "fantasy mob" elements of the game. Endermen could also still spawn in the overworld as they drop by for visits...but they may just get attacked by some of these new hostile mobs.

Ideally, I'd like to see automation of hunting be difficult/impossible. The goal would be that it would become easier as you get new tools/utility gear/weapons.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so here's my idea.

A mod that makes the overworld seem more like a realistic wilderness with big and small game. Remove Skeletons and Zombies...and replace them with things like skittish deer to hunt, hostile Grizzly Bears, hostile big cats...snakes...badgers maybe. Add recipes for weapons and utilities that are specifically used to hunt...like rifles of varying quality, compound bows, camouflage gear, bait, traps, machete's, nets, tree stands, etc. Drops would be new types of food, pelts for crafting, bones (replacing skelly drop), and venom from snakes (poison tipped arrows for hunting perhaps?). Random carcasses could be found...like a deer that was killed by another predator, that maybe could provide some rotten flesh (replacing zombie drop).

The nether and the end would remain unchanged...they would be the "fantasy mob" elements of the game. Endermen could also still spawn in the overworld as they drop by for visits...but they may just get attacked by some of these new hostile mobs.

Ideally, I'd like to see automation of hunting be difficult/impossible. The goal would be that it would become easier as you get new tools/utility gear/weapons.

Maybe Monsters would still underground though to keep mining quite dangerous and have an even creepier feel.

Reactions: the_j485

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Monsters would still underground though to keep mining quite dangerous and have an even creepier feel.

True. The other possibility could be to have other "mutant bugs" other than spiders down there. Hostile bats? Bug Swarms that would be chased off swinging your torch as a weapon? Admittedly though, my thoughts were more surface world based.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
More thoughts on this idea.

Mobs by biome. Polar bears and seals in snow biomes. Scorpions and camels in desert biomes.

Thirst mechanic. Ocean water = salt water and not thirst quenching. River water drinkable, but contaminated, so some disease damage as a result. Add filtration methods, and other drinks as options.

Temperature mechanic. Different biomes have different temperatures. Wearing your iron/diamond armor in the desert makes you too hot, and you become thirsty much, much faster. Wearing lighter clothing, a large brimmed hat or head scarf would help keep thirst down. Similarly, dress warmly for a colder biome or take freezing damage. Using animal pelts to create heavy coats/parkas to prevent this.

Reactions: Otho and 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please make a mod that removes chickens giving live birth and random egg laying and instead have them lay eggs randomly within a configurable time and rate after they are bred together? I just got to changing Hunger Overhaul rates in my pack and I cannot find any way to make the egg laying tolerable.

chaoticsquid

Jul 29, 2019
I really need a mod that lets you customise, create and remove dungeons easily without having to code them yourself for a modpack I'm making, if anyone can take up the offer or tell me if one exists already that'd be great

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I really need a mod that lets you customise, create and remove dungeons easily without having to code them yourself for a modpack I'm making, if anyone can take up the offer or tell me if one exists already that'd be great

Chocolate Quest IIRC

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
How about a mod that replaces the "bonemeal effect" from both vanilla and mod items with a new "fertilizer" effect that replaces the farmland a crop is on with fertilized farmland that speeds up growth time of crops growing on it by a configurable amount. Additionally, the fertilizer is used up after a configurable amount of growth stages.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds a slot in the inventory for map(s) to be placed in. The map will then show up either on the inventory screen, or as a HUD(like normal minimap mods). It would retain the exact zoom and image from the map. That was it doesn't have to sit in the hotbar, and the player doesn't have to switch and look down to check the map.
Maybe even have a map bag that can only hold maps.

The reason for this as opposed to normal minimaps is to keep some of the mapping restraints and balance in vanilla. With a minimap mod, I never use vanilla maps. It's almost too good. Navigation should be earned, and possibly lost in the event of death.
I recall from... my 1.2.5 days, maybe? A mod that did something similar -- as long as you had a map in your inventory that covered the current area it would show that on your HUD. Sadly, I don't recall what mod it was, and I never actually used that feature.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an idea for a small, mostly functional 1.6.4 (maybe 1.7, when it gets more mods) mod, loosely based off of TPPI Tweaks: Extra Compatibility. Basically, it tweaks a few things here and there, making multi-mod environments more...cohesive, I think would be an appropriate term. Things like:

• BC chipset recipes that replace redstone with electrum, in addition to the default ones. They'd take more power, but you'd get more chipsets per operation than simply using redstone.
  • Something like RotaryCraft's dynamometer for RF, MJ, and EU systems so you can read the throughput in real time without needing a network reader of some sort.
  • Mekanism machine recipes for things like non-vanilla gem dusts, smelting of ReactorCraft graphite, metallurgic infuser recipes for ReactorCraft fuel pellets (where applicable), and so on.
  • Use vanilla or IC2 iron furnaces to heat up Factorization steam boilers.
  • Wither summoning/death sound muffler.
  • RotaryCraft friction heater interaction with IC2 iron furnaces.
  • And so on.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
RFQuarryMod

A mod that provided a BC like quarry, but in the RF framework. Lets be frank, very few want the BC power framework, BCs pipes are laggy and the other "useful" machines have been broken for so long theyve been all but forgotten. The only reason BC continues to be included in a lot of packs is the lack of a viable alternative to the BC quarry.

A mod, in the spirit of Big Reactors, that provided a RF powered quarry, and only a RF powered quarry would be a hit.

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
RFQuarryMod

A mod that provided a BC like quarry, but in the RF framework. Lets be frank, very few want the BC power framework, BCs pipes are laggy and the other "useful" machines have been broken for so long theyve been all but forgotten. The only reason BC continues to be included in a lot of packs is the lack of a viable alternative to the BC quarry.

A mod, in the spirit of Big Reactors, that provided a RF powered quarry, and only a RF powered quarry would be a hit.

Does an Ender Quarry from Extra Utilities not suit this need for you?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Does an Ender Quarry from Extra Utilities not suit this need for you?

1. no. Extra utilities is a discordant collection of balance issues and ridiculousness. I give you a potion generator, and raise you a pink generator. wtf is that about?
2. additionally, the "Ender" quarry is not a quarry, its a magic block replacing device. This might be good for lag, but seriously, I expect a quarry to make a big hole in the ground.

So, I reiterate, a mod that provides a quarry, and only a quarry, would be a hit.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
How about Mekanism's Digital Miner? It can run off RF (as well as MJ and EU) and can be configured to make gigantic holes, if that's what you want.

Personally, I don't get the appeal of a big, ugly hole in the ground. Unless you're mining out a tainted chunk because you have neither the time nor patience to deal with Thaumcraft's research mechanics.

Reactions: Not_Steve

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, I have never used Mekanism. That must change.
Yes, yes it must. Especially since, if memory serves, it no longer requires Universal Electricity to function. Plus, its basically got the old RP2 sorting tube (and sorting machine) system, sans mag-tubes.