Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This actually sounds like it would make a cool modpack. All magic-themed with extensive use of modtweaker and maybe HQM to lock progress behind choices. Like, maybe if you make a tier 2 blood orb you can start using harming magic in TC4(lightning focus) and AM2. If you make something in botania(I don't know much about this mod) you get access to healing magic.

if a pack like this was entered in jampack, first prize right there

bounding star

Jul 29, 2019
i did hear something about a want focus or something that gives you immunity to taint and slowly regens while in a taint biome
edit: might be the forbidden magic addon?

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
GUYS!!!!! JUST BECAUSE TFC does it doesn't mean you shouldn't make a mod for it!!! TFC is a total conversion and is thus incompatible with most mods!! If you insist on continuing with this cow, I will insist on yelling at you until the end of time!

Rant, over.

Reactions: Niels Henriksen

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
GUYS!!!!! JUST BECAUSE TFC does it doesn't mean you shouldn't make a mod for it!!! TFC is a total conversion and is thus incompatible with most mods!! If you insist on continuing with this cow, I will insist on yelling at you until the end of time!

Rant, over.
Hey, calm down. No need to get angry about this.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Meh, I was mainly doing that to get their attention...

I swear, their type annoys me SO much!
Hey come on, be reasonable.
Rather than just going on about how much you dislike them, you should perhaps add to the discussion. Give reasonable points as to your side of the debate.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
AI player, with random personalities and similarities.

Similarities:
- They would all start by finding and punching wood.
- Use crafting table and optionally Tinkers' construct (if installed) to make tools and weapons (wood and stone). It would always make best tools it can afford to make. First it gets access to needed materials it makes pickaxe, shovel, axe, sword and bow.
- Self-chunkloading 2x2 area around him. It is easy to round from coordinates to see which 4 chunks center best to the middle of fake-player. This will aswell limit its detection range to 7 or 8 blocks (say 7 to be safe). If you chunkload 3x3, max detection range would grow to 15-16 blocks.
- Ability to dig down and mine tunnels. Getting back to surface by jumping and placing blocks under him, dig up as needed.
- Ability to craft a furnace, charcoal.
- Will randomly place down saplings on ground if he can and has any.

Personalities:
- Hunter, before getting string he will be hunting beasts and players with a sword. Crafts bow and arrows as soon as possible. Might be digging underground for gravel->flint if necessary. Simple explorer, but tends to randomize next target to X,Z coords +/- 50 chunks from any random player on server. Cooks raw meat in furnace for food. When inventory has only 4 empty slots left, will craft a chest dig 1 block under ground and dump extra items there, then place dirt on top to hide it.
- Camper, basically starts as hunter until he has 2 stacks of arrows. Then he starts building a 15x15x4 stone fortress in the middle of 1 chunk, also 2 wide, 3 high pit dug around it. He will then be protecting the fortress as if " my precious >:{ ", patrolling in circle along the wall and shooting at any incoming entity. If for some reason this AI gets too much loot, he starts making chests inside the fortress. If at any time the requirements of being an established hunter are not met (enough wood, coal, arrows, bow, food), he becomes one temporarily, and goes back to fortress. He should also be repairing any damage done to the fortress.

Last edited:

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that makes villages fight and or with castle ruins so it is more like you are in an inhabited world more like the medieval times I think that would be cool and have more city like villages that are more common with better variants and possibly different races like elves in forest and Orcs in mountains that are hostile towards each other and towards you if you attack them that would be awesome

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft: MOOOOOOAAAR GOOOOOLEEEEEMS!

It can either be more golems from already given materials, or a bridge mod between TC and... BoP maybe?

I guess we could have things like crag rock golems, sand golems, mud golems, skystone golems, red flesh golems, netherrack golems, ethereal golems (made of an ethereal block (3x3 ethereal essence)), eldritch golems (made of an eldritch block (8 ender pearls surrounding one alienis ethereal essence)), pure golems (made of a purified dirt), etc.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see the return of Eldritch materials in Thaumcraft such as research, dungeons, and powerful items from previous versions of Thaumcraft. Maybe include some new items as well such as Eldritch golems, Eldritch wand and staff cores and even various Eldritch blocks.

Reactions: the_j485

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see the return of Eldritch materials in Thaumcraft such as research, dungeons, and powerful items from previous versions of Thaumcraft. Maybe include some new items as well such as Eldritch golems, Eldritch wand and staff cores and even various Eldritch blocks.

I loved those things, they were a very interesting mechanic to Thaumcraft and it was fun exploring them.
would be interesting if perhaps a hungry node could be a portal to another dimension which would be like the eldritch rooms... instead of getting killed you'd actually get teleported to that dimension when you get sucked up by a hungry node

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
"Oh my, my friend just went into that node. It'd be a shame if... SOMEONE WERE TO THROW CREEPERS AT IT!"

I just had a badass idea. From your research into the eldritch, you learn that all nodes can be used for teleportation, but more stable ones can be used to teleport within the same dimension. So eventually, you can infuse nodes in jars to become teleportation nodes!

Reactions: 1SDAN

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about anyone else, but I personally have not seen a proper base defense and security mod. I know a lot of other, well-known mods have their own base defense items like Modular Forcefields (both the original and Calclavia's version), but what I've got in mind is a security mod that allows players to create their own dedicated base security networks that's heavily based on how Applied Energistics works and works for both indoor and outdoor base defense.

Players can create something called a Central Control Computer that serves as the nerve center for the entire network and can be upgraded and built up to become more powerful just like the ME controller. Players can then connect the Central Computer to any sort of security blocks or devices such as turrets, forcefields, drones, and player detectors using cables equivalent to the ME cables in AE to provide power and data to these machines. If players have the Modular Forcefield and/or Gascraft mods installed, they can also connect the security network up to the blocks in those mods to form some cool cross-mod integration with one another.

Players will have plenty of different security measures at their disposal to protect their base and their belongings from other players including but not limited to turrets, forcefields and drones. Turrets are the most obvious option, but they can also use forcefield doors and gates, drones, and player detectors and logic gates that serve as the equivalent of P2P gates from AE that can individually control blocks that respond to redstone. The turrets are the most basic and cheapest option that can be placed on the top, bottom, or sides of any block and will attack any mob or player that wanders into an area where they shouldn't be from any angle, but can be programmed to only attack hostile mobs or players. Players can also make more powerful versions that could also attacks mobs that are in the air and/or are far away which can be pretty useful for defending an area against Ghasts. Drones are useful for if the player wants to defend a large area without having to put down lots of turrets all over the place, but are a bit more expensive to craft and will require more power from the security network to operate. Players can designate areas drones can patrol and recharge from by using a GPS device to record the coordinates of a specific area.

Finally, players can designate and program different levels of security from 1 to 5 for different areas using a GPS tool and for different players just like in Modular Forcefields. For example, a player can designate an area of high importance in the player's base such as the room holding his/her Big Reactors or IC2 nuclear reactor or his/her storage room to only allow players who have level 5 security clearence from the player to enter. Of course, this isn't too useful for single-player, but this would be great for multiplayer servers.