Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Ore Eater. You can't eat any regular food. You get different levels of hunger filled and such off of eating ores. The rarer the ore the more hunger and saturation you get.

If it needs reasoning you are now a robot.

Reactions: Zeeth_Kyrah

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Ore Eater. You can't eat any regular food. You get different levels of hunger filled and such off of eating ores. The rarer the ore the more hunger and saturation you get.

If it needs reasoning you are now a robot.
What about stone, or refined metals/minerals? Would you get special effects from eating certain other materials?

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it'd be nice if forge multiparts or a mod could add the type of multiparts that Terrafirmacraft has
one thing that always annoyed me about multiparts is that you're forced to certain block placements of the multiparts
if you want to place a strip or something alike in the center, it's not possible, you've to put it on the sides

though I'd have no idea how you'd be able to control this though... it'd probably have to be with a ghost block that you can move around with keys before finally placing it, something like what you can do with MCedit, first move the ghost blocks around before finally placing them

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the sequel to Minecraft will offer infinite vertical world generation allowing players to dig as deep as they want. Maybe all the way as deep as the core of Minecraftia.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
It would be cool if there was a core as such maybe digging far enough takes you into the nether, like in Terraria?
I remember there was a mod that allowed players to do that called Mine Up. It would be so cool if we could see a similar feature implemented into vanilla Minecraft. Maybe if the player digs deep enough, he could enter a bizarre new dimension similar to the deep dark.

Reactions: the_j485

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that makes trees require an axe and sticks are found under trees (stone tools here are made with Flint instead), ideal for super ultra mega 1337 hardcore modpacks.

Reactions: bounding star

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
A Thaumcraft addon that lets you "embrace" the taint, giving you partial or full immunity to its ill effects and ways to encourage it to spread. It would be interesting for more role-play style servers, as people could then play the villan...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A Thaumcraft addon that lets you "embrace" the taint, giving you partial or full immunity to its ill effects and ways to encourage it to spread. It would be interesting for more role-play style servers, as people could then play the villan...

that's something that I like about AM2, you're able to gain an affinity and get certain pros and cons
I always thought it'd be an interesting concept for TC4 aswell, you're able to choose to be a good thaumian or become a tainted thaumian, each with their pros and cons

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I think that there should be three different kinds - tainted, normal, and light. Light is the more good side of TC, whereas normal gives you a bit of both world.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think that there should be three different kinds - tainted, normal, and light. Light is the more good side of TC, whereas normal gives you a bit of both world.

though normal should be kept as something for early game, so you can taste a bit of both worlds, but you'll have to decide between taint or aura (let's call them that) if you want to progress in Thaumcraft.
to give a bit of an example... taint goes more towards the route like blood magic, where you've to sacrifice animals and entities and such to get power, and aura goes more towards botania, where you create new things to gain power

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
though normal should be kept as something for early game, so you can taste a bit of both worlds, but you'll have to decide between taint or aura (let's call them that) if you want to progress in Thaumcraft.
to give a bit of an example... taint goes more towards the route like blood magic, where you've to sacrifice animals and entities and such to get power, and aura goes more towards botania, where you create new things to gain power
Badass idea: call them constructive and destructive. Constructive is all about awesome structures and making news things, whereas destructive is all about tainting the land, destroying things, and killing things.

Reactions: Otho

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure a single permanent choice is a good idea- it'll just make everyone wary of playing.

Thaumcraft is a lot more "technological" in nature than AM- you rarely make yourself a magical being, being more reliant on devices, machines, and your knowledge of how to use them- magic as a "mechanical" power, not inner power.
Taint is not a controllable energy- it's destructive and self-destructive. If you get infected with taint, it's more plausible for you to spawn an insane monstrous version of yourself than be able to stay together, as yourself or (more likely) as an ever-screaming pile goo.

Taint and demon blood as a powerful source of soul network energy though...

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
This actually sounds like it would make a cool modpack. All magic-themed with extensive use of modtweaker and maybe HQM to lock progress behind choices. Like, maybe if you make a tier 2 blood orb you can start using harming magic in TC4(lightning focus) and AM2. If you make something in botania(I don't know much about this mod) you get access to healing magic.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
More thoughts on this idea.

Mobs by biome. Polar bears and seals in snow biomes. Scorpions and camels in desert biomes.

Thirst mechanic. Ocean water = salt water and not thirst quenching. River water drinkable, but contaminated, so some disease damage as a result. Add filtration methods, and other drinks as options.

Temperature mechanic. Different biomes have different temperatures. Wearing your iron/diamond armor in the desert makes you too hot, and you become thirsty much, much faster. Wearing lighter clothing, a large brimmed hat or head scarf would help keep thirst down. Similarly, dress warmly for a colder biome or take freezing damage. Using animal pelts to create heavy coats/parkas to prevent this.

You're basically talking about TerraFirmaCraft combined with Pahimar's Solstice mod.