Request Suggest mods for creation here

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I think a big one you;re forgetting here is cameras. You could have camo-cameras, cameras on top of turrets, remote-controlled drones with cameras, all sorts of shit. It'd be epic.

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
-snippity snip-

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
Turrets that attack mobs? Sounds like a tower defense game in the making.

Actually, just a simple mod that adds turrets, and mob spawners that create little minions that follow set paths and fight opposing minions would be neat... you've basically got everything you need for a MOBA right there. Throw in AM2 and some other goodies and you're set.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think a big one you;re forgetting here is cameras. You could have camo-cameras, cameras on top of turrets, remote-controlled drones with cameras, all sorts of shit. It'd be epic.

there was once a mod that added an actual working camera in minecraft, sadly the mod got discontinued, few years later someone picked it up again, but never made a release.
it'd be epic if it could come back, imagine if it would be a computercraft addon :eek:

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
How about a mod that makes Creepers blow up in order to open up holes to you if they are locked on to you? Coupled with Zombie Awareness' "See through walls" aspect, this could be quite dangerous.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind zombies digging through walls to get to you, but creepers blowing holes to get to you?
that's a bit too much

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind zombies digging through walls to get to you, but creepers blowing holes to get to you?
that's a bit too much

I wouldn't prefer having every zombie try to dig through the walls to get you. I think only zombies who carry pickaxes should be the only ones capable of digging.

Reactions: the_j485

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't prefer having every zombie try to dig through the walls to get you. I think only zombies who carry pickaxes should be the only ones capable of digging.

Maybe all of the options you guys suggested would be config options.

And of course a block white/blacklist option.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
well it turns out there's a new finite liquid mod, this one more focussed on optimization (so far better than vanilla fluids) as well as some other neat ideas.
linky
well it turns out there's a new finite liquid mod, this one more focussed on optimization (so far better than vanilla fluids) as well as some other neat ideas.
linky

That is pure, 100% Choice genius.

bounding star

Jul 29, 2019
oohh, double quote. I feel special.

on topic: Id love to see some addons for this mod, things like water power, enviromine-like water survival, and a forge liquids type api for other mods to use

Reactions: 1SDAN

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
How about a mod that makes Creepers blow up in order to open up holes to you if they are locked on to you? Coupled with Zombie Awareness' "See through walls" aspect, this could be quite dangerous.
That's nothing, if you haven't tried Primitive Mobs back in 1.4.7. TNT throwing creepers! Seriously, anyone on the server see one of those, plenty of screams. Combined with Zombie Awareness you could suddenly find your base totally overrun and not much left but a smoking hole.
I once nerd poled up to place a quarry, when this "festive" creeper wandered over, threw some TNT at me, and by sods law, it landed on my Quarry and killed me. Screamed in rage over that, all those resources lost hurt early game.

I'd like a mod that lets you configure which blocks/tile entities zombies can break. So annoying that they haven't a clue about gates or any mod added door. Totally removes that "survival" part of the game.

Reactions: Gnomeo and 1SDAN

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I think the desert needs to compensate for its lack of rain. Essentially:

SANDSTORMS!

It would be like sideways moving particles, making it a little awkward to see, only really a little more than rain though. You would get an effect called "Sand in your eyes" which puts a semi-transparent overlay of a sandy texture on your screen. This can be stopped by making, with a bit of leather and string, a sand mask, which completely stops the effect.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I think the desert needs to compensate for its lack of rain. Essentially:

SANDSTORMS!

It would be like sideways moving particles, making it a little awkward to see, only really a little more than rain though. You would get an effect called "Sand in your eyes" which puts a semi-transparent overlay of a sandy texture on your screen. This can be stopped by making, with a bit of leather and string, a sand mask, which completely stops the effect.

I think this is a great idea. Especially for mods that add better weather. Also, I think that this would work in survival maps like "Crash Landing." Imagine a random sand or duststorm coming through and it affects your visibility. This will make things especially dangerous since you won't be able to see mobs coming unless you're right up close to them. If I have anything I could add to an idea like this, I would like to add snowstorms/blizzards for snow biomes.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
That'd be awesome. How about they occur about a fifth as commonly, though obviously configurable? Then, in most biomes it's simply a heavy rainstorm, snowy ones it's a snowstorm, and in deserts it's a sandstorm?

Damnit I need to learn to mod!

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
I love the Sandstorm/blizzard idea. When a nasty sandstorm whips up visibility would be reduced - for mobs too - and even damage taken with the nastiest storms. Crafting special items to survive the storms like the_j485 suggests would be cool. It could even go as far as regular minecraft glass would break in severe storms so someone trying to make a go of it would need reinforced glass or even some kind of shielding to protect the glass. Something like the drawbridge where you'd flip a switch and the blocks would extend out to close off the glass.
The damage from the storms would effect mobs too. Maybe enough that a creeper could get agitated enough to explode on their own, so if they were close to someones wall, it could possibly be breached by the explosion.

Great idea!

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
That'd be awesome!

Perhaps only glass which only touches other glass breaks, so the edges are left? Forcing desert and snowy lands houses to have smaller windows and be more hut-like, which is appropriate really.
Also, anything in your hand can be taken from it if you're in the storm. Also, it moves all entities around depending on the starting direction of the storm. This might even give your minecart a boost!

Reactions: glepet1962