Request Suggest mods for creation here

enderconductor77

Jul 29, 2019
How about a add-on to the mod Blood magic which gives a guide to help new players and more rituals,items,altar tiers,and other misc things.
(just a suggestion) :)

Last edited:

SGTkuzey

Jul 29, 2019
What about an AM 2 add-on that makes light and dark mages drop random created spells? (Of course working spells :p )

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
How about a add-on to the mod Blood magic which gives a guide to help new players and more rituals,items,altar tiers,and other misc things.
(just a suggestion) :)

As CreepaCatcha said, there's a guide in this sub forum for exactly that. There is also documentation on everything in WayofTime's MCF thread.

Last edited:

GarfieldsWeb

Jul 29, 2019
Just twoideal. Sorry, have looked on google, minecraft forums. No luck. There is that chance that it has been made, just not picking name right.
1. What if you could take a trophy head and say make it into a hidden camera/camcorder. So if say someone stole it from a chest or from where you placed it. It would activate when they place it. but wouldn't work if they placed it into a chest. Figure it needs to have limits on it. Just makes sense.
2 Make trophy head into a tracking device.
Sorry, not sure how it would be made. Still New to the FTB. Since there is more than just Gold and Redstone to use in recipes.. Figure the only way for thief/player, other team would tell if its a rigged head, would be to try to put it on. And they would not be able to because, its not hallow anymore. Kind of like trapped chest have that red line around handle.
Owner of hidden camera head or tracker head would know it's been activated. A blinking light would come on. Not sure if it would be better if its up somewhere in inventory. Or if you want the light on regular screen, since after a while it would be irritating.
Maybe a mini t.v. screen you can place on wall to see what's going on. Or small GPS unit for the tracker. I honestly thinK those details would be up to the person willing to make this or add to mod.
Thanks. Know that's was long.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
"Engine Racks"
This mod would allow you to place up to 8 identical engines/generators/etc into one block. When properly supplied as if it were the energy producers within, it would generate 1x to 8x the power of the producers placed within it (same multiplier). Thus, instead of having a huge wall of engines and related lag, the problem could be divided down. (Graphically, it would be a 3d 2x2x2 grid of little mounting points.)

For the real power maniacs, have a super engine rack which can hold 64 power creating devices.

Thanks,
IMarv

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
"Grass burns".

A mod to make grass blocks flammable, and turn into dirt blocks (not air) when it burns up. Fire would be able to spread along the tops of grass.

Yes, I do live in California, where wildfires kill lots of grass. Why do you ask?

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
All after client and server performance with these ideas:
1) A full solid block that carries redstone signal. It can kind of be used as a pipe, but be much more efficient at it.
2) Lagless big liquid storage and steam boiler. Sorry for Railcraft, idea is great but there is apparent lack of knowing how to program with performance in mind. We don't have any mods that give these 2 basic things well enough for usable purposes. I use drums but they cannot be combined, and require lots of fluiducts and servos to make bigger consistencies, which again is a loss in performance. Also visually intensive.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
All after client and server performance with these ideas:
Lagless big liquid storage and steam boiler. Sorry for Railcraft, idea is great but there is apparent lack of knowing how to program with performance in mind. We don't have any mods that give these 2 basic things well enough for usable purposes. I use drums but they cannot be combined, and require lots of fluiducts and servos to make bigger consistencies, which again is a loss in performance. Also visually intensive.
You need to be slapped.
Twice

Reactions: kaiomann

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
I was having a very frustrating time recently trying to setup an automated TE series of machines and I thought to myself, 'Why can't this thing be more like an FPGA?' So that is where this idea was born. I call it, "Frank's Programmable Machine Array!" Ok, that is sad.

Anyway, the idea is a new block for TE that is an advanced machinery block that is combined in multiples of two in both Height, Width, and Length. So a series of advanced machinery blocks in a 4x2x2 configuration forms an advanced machine. This machine has the typical TE GUI, but allows the user to layout machines internally. Its capacity is determined by the number of blocks used to build it. In the case of 4x2x2, the advanced machine has 16 slots in a 4x4 grid. Input and output to the advanced machine is done in similar fashion as the colors of TE machines, but rather utilizes numbers for inputs and letters for outputs. Special characters are internal routes.

Here is an example of the GUI to make things more clear on how this works for the typical ore refinement process.
advanced machine.png

This of course can be expanded to something like a 4x6x6 advanced machine that has 12 x 12 grid and supports a lot more custom cases and provides enough surface area for intermediate outputs into filter machines or filter pipes and then piped back in for different processing goals. In regards to the surface of the machine, the wrench will allow you to set the surface of the block between currently configured items, so if you have 4 inputs and 5 outputs, you would see 9 options cycled through with the wrench.

The size of the advanced machine would allow for an increase capacity of RF of the overall machines. So if the machines you added allow for 500k of RF normally and it is a 4x6x6 advanced machine, you would see a 144% increase in combined capacity.

Thoughts? Does someone want to pitch and take this further?

V/R,
Frank

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I was having a very frustrating time recently trying to setup an automated TE series of machines and I thought to myself, 'Why can't this thing be more like an FPGA?' So that is where this idea was born. I call it, "Frank's Programmable Machine Array!" Ok, that is sad.

Anyway, the idea is a new block for TE that is an advanced machinery block that is combined in multiples of two in both Height, Width, and Length. So a series of advanced machinery blocks in a 4x2x2 configuration forms an advanced machine. This machine has the typical TE GUI, but allows the user to layout machines internally. Its capacity is determined by the number of blocks used to build it. In the case of 4x2x2, the advanced machine has 16 slots in a 4x4 grid. Input and output to the advanced machine is done in similar fashion as the colors of TE machines, but rather utilizes numbers for inputs and letters for outputs. Special characters are internal routes.

Here is an example of the GUI to make things more clear on how this works for the typical ore refinement process.
View attachment 10086

This of course can be expanded to something like a 4x6x6 advanced machine that has 12 x 12 grid and supports a lot more custom cases and provides enough surface area for intermediate outputs into filter machines or filter pipes and then piped back in for different processing goals. In regards to the surface of the machine, the wrench will allow you to set the surface of the block between currently configured items, so if you have 4 inputs and 5 outputs, you would see 9 options cycled through with the wrench.

The size of the advanced machine would allow for an increase capacity of RF of the overall machines. So if the machines you added allow for 500k of RF normally and it is a 4x6x6 advanced machine, you would see a 144% increase in combined capacity.

Thoughts? Does someone want to pitch and take this further?

V/R,
Frank

pretty neat. I always hoped TE would add the option that would allow you to not only send items from one machine to the other, but also liquids and power and configurable item output based on items, making for a much more compact build in most cases

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
This sort of mod must exist, right?

I want a block (creative only is fine) that generates a block.

Just like a cobblestone generator can be built with lava and water, and then a piston can push it into a piston tape, my intention is to have a glass generator, so that a piston can push glass into a piston tape.

Draco has a "3d printer" that will generate items at a configurable rate. I'm looking for something that generates blocks (or more specifically, replaces air blocks with a specified block, triggered by neighbor block updates.)

Someone has done this already, yes? Yes?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Just like a cobblestone generator can be built with lava and water, and then a piston can push it into a piston tape, my intention is to have a glass generator, so that a piston can push glass into a piston tape.

Draco has a "3d printer" that will generate items at a configurable rate. I'm looking for something that generates blocks (or more specifically, replaces air blocks with a specified block, triggered by neighbor block updates.)

Iirc there is a creative block in immibis tube mod that will generate an infinite number of whatever you want. Connect this with some tubes, Redstone logic, and a deployer of some sort and your good to go.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019

There is a creative barrel in Factorization, put one item in and it duplicates it to infinity. Just connect that with some pipes and block placing things and it should work.

Raciathewildcat

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if it has been suggested yet but somethinbgs id REALLY like to be added would be more pet options. like for instance, fish. maybe we could use the glass to create fishbowls and put pet fish that swim around them.. or better yet, the twilight realm already has tiny birds and rabbits. why not make them tamable? maybe make some sort of wooden perch or bird cage we can put the tiny birds on/ in. or a rabbit cage? just some ideas

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This is less of a "hey this sounds like it'd be a great mod" and more of a "I could have swore I saw this in a mod somewhere" request:
Resonate Ender + Slimeball(250 mB of the stuff) in either a liquid transposer or a smeltery drain = 1 ender pearl.

I could have swore I saw a mod add this over on the MCF but I didn't download it then, now I can't find it again.

Flukesy

Jul 29, 2019
Ok its an add on for MFR only small but a liquid DSU and also stickers to show the contents of the DSU from the outside..
Ive asked a few authors for this, but due to be small suggestions no one wants to touch it as they want to make a mod not just a few addon items.