Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
I really think RedPower2 should be added to Unleased
Well...where to begin.

You may want to do some reading into the mc versions in which redpower 2 is within, and you will quickly find that there isn't anything for 1.5 or 1.6

After that you could look into if she has posted anything regarding 1.5 or 1.6 or even 1.7 releases and you will find a mostly dormant area.

And I suppose this in a way could fall under suggesting mods for creation but in the way it is phrased, it might belong with the "Suggest mods to be added to FTB" Series of threads, but I don't think it will get far as there are only replacements out and about for now.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I had this idea of a connection mod, kind of like PowerConverters but a bit more accessible from the start.

The main block would be a Universal Power Storage system, it would be crafted with a wooden conductive pipe, a copper cable and a lead wire with a iron block in the middle. When you open the interface, it would have three separate bars representing the different types of power (EU, Mj and Charge). It would have a blue socket for Charge, a yellow of EU and a Red Mj. This would serve as a compact storing block for early game, however it stores less then a BatBox and the other early storage blocks, as its easily crafted. You would be able to upgrade to store more power in each bar.

Then There would be a cable called a Power Conversion cable which would convert one type of power to another. The interface would be a input slot and a output slot, it would recognise any energy blocks connected to it, and you would choose what the inpurt and what the output is. It would only work if the output and input slots were the same as the blocks next to it. For example you could have a Stirling engine connected to the wire with a Electric Furnace on the other, the Stirling engine would be the input and the Electric Furnace the output. The cable would be crafted with iron and a conversion alloy (Lead, Copper and Red stone)

That's all I got so far. Feedback would be nice. Thanks!

my problem with the suggestion is that you need to have BC, IC and Factorization installed for it to work, and it doesn't work with any other energy system, so you can't really call it universal.

I really think RedPower2 should be added to Unleased

qVvXdY4.gif

go stand in the corner of shame

Damion

Jul 29, 2019
ok so this is less of a mod more of a plugin but heres the idea anyway so as im sure you have seen that when minecraft updated the mods update and a good portion of them change there world gen when they update like thaumcraft where each version update changes soooo much world generation or you have some mods installed and you start a server later you add some mods with world gen so you have to go to UNLOADED chunks to get said world gen so what im going for is a mod/plugin that when a mod that adds world gen it has the already loaded chunks reload so that they have the world gen or just so you can unload chunks you dont use.

monsted

Jul 29, 2019
I would *love* a liquid cleanup tool. Think a wetvac that'll destroy flowing liquid blocks and suck up source blocks into whatever liquid container you have in your inventory (portable tanks, cans, capsules, maybe even ender tanks?) Could use power from an IC2 batpack or require recharging.

I very often try to clean out lava while digging and the flowing lava takes ages to go away even with no source blocks around. That is my #1 pet peeve in minecraft.

Reactions: Otho and techno156

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I would *love* a liquid cleanup tool. Think a wetvac that'll destroy flowing liquid blocks and suck up source blocks into whatever liquid container you have in your inventory (portable tanks, cans, capsules, maybe even ender tanks?) Could use power from an IC2 batpack or require recharging.

I very often try to clean out lava while digging and the flowing lava takes ages to go away even with no source blocks around. That is my #1 pet peeve in minecraft.

so basically a mobile pump that's used as a tool and is in your inventory? doesn't sound too bad actually

monsted

Jul 29, 2019
so basically a mobile pump that's used as a tool and is in your inventory? doesn't sound too bad actually

Yep. Now, i run around with a BC pump, redstone energy cell and a liquid tesseract and a bunch of cans, but getting the flowing lava to go away is near impossible, other than replacing it all with cobble.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. Now, i run around with a BC pump, redstone energy cell and a liquid tesseract and a bunch of cans, but getting the flowing lava to go away is near impossible, other than replacing it all with cobble.

there is a mod called diamond buckets which adds a few buckets to easily remove lava and such, but I do agree it'd be nice to have a portable pump on you.
to balance it out the power usage could be higher for the portable pump, or you move as slow as while you're eating when you're using the portable pump

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
there is a mod called diamond buckets which adds a few buckets to easily remove lava and such, but I do agree it'd be nice to have a portable pump on you.
to balance it out the power usage could be higher for the portable pump, or you move as slow as while you're eating when you're using the portable pump

But where does the liquid go?

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an interesting bit to add on. :p Perhaps, if you have TE installed, it will store up to 4 buckets of one liquid? Only source blocks, of course. :p And perhaps it just 'eats' flowing... There's a few possibilities for Balanace idewas, aren't there. :p

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
I would Personally like to see a "GUI Clicker" mod.

You could place this "GUI block" next to another block with a GUI (eg. a compressor or a coke oven) and the "GUI block" would scan its GUI and allow you to set places for it to "click".
It could run on a redstone signal. Also you could set it to be able to click with a certain item (eg. a soldering iron in a farm multiblock). Another feature would be that if the block did not have a GUI it would just be like right/left clicking on the block (eg. for rainmakers or TC berry bushes) And maybe some integration with Computer Craft also.

This would allow for extreme automation. (maybe you could have GUI blocks connected to more GUI Blocks!)

I'm not sure this is possible but its an idea

EDIT:
I didn't really explain how it works so here it goes..

Upon placing the GUI block next to a block it scans it's GUI. Clicking on the GUI block will display a copy of the blocks GUI as well as a couple of other options. You can set where it clicks on then mimic GUI. Other options may include:
Right Click
Left Click
Click with object(A slot will appear where you can place an item)
Click x amount of times
Click and Drag(Ars Magica 2 inscription Table)

If connected to a computer or turtle you could make it type a command and run it.

To craft it will require something along the lines of
A piston
A hand(Rare zombie and villager mob drop)
Iron
Redstone

Again this is just an idea but it would be very handy for some designs

ichicolan

Jul 29, 2019
i wold like the star gate mod to be part of infamy i think it would be a good addition to the mod pack
Jadedcat can you contact the infamy mod pack creator
thanks:)[DOUBLEPOST=1382375527][/DOUBLEPOST]i agree that would be a cool mod to have in a mod pack

ichicolan

Jul 29, 2019
that sounds like a cool mod

i don't have any suggestions yet but i will post a another reply when i have some

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
i wold like the star gate mod to be part of infamy i think it would be a good addition to the mod pack
Jadedcat can you contact the infamy mod pack creator
thanks:)[DOUBLEPOST=1382375527][/DOUBLEPOST]i agree that would be a cool mod to have in a mod pack

this is "Suggest mods for creation here" not "Mod Suggestions for 1.6"

Seiklus

Jul 29, 2019
So here's the story: I play on a custom server with my friends, and one of my friends is a Thaumcraft fanatic and always argues that a mod is bad if he has to go on a wiki to learn how to use it. Of course as you guys can understand there are many mods that are great even without the documentation. Eventually, I became frustrated by his logic and proposed the idea that I could try to make a mod that would provide a guide book for any mod that has no in-game documentation, and give players a guide for them to follow in-case they get lost.

Unfortunately, I have no experience in modding, my esteem is low, and my programming experience is somewhere in a rust pile in the nearest dump right now.

So I suppose all I can do right now is let the idea free into the wilderness and hope something snags.

What do you guys think of this idea? Do you feel this is something that is in reach if in the right hands? I understand I would need consent from many Modders, but it does kind of confuse and scare me that some of the more complex mods do not have any form of in-game documentation or intuition learning at all. Maybe it could become a community project and could be considered as an ingame wiki?

A few more features of this (possible) mod:

--Each book can have a configurable achievement-reward system, where new pages in the book would unlock when you create new items/blocks.(of course you can also skip certain blocks as well, similar to the Biomes-o-Plenty achievement system.)
--Each book can be custom textured to give a little bit of a flair.
--Books would be neatly organized, much like the way Ars magica 2 or Tinkers Construct work.
--Support for modders to add in their own books/pages

Another question that should be asked is whether Azanor is okay with an idea like this, since it would technically be stealing one of the prime catches of his mod. Although I haven't begun to make the mod, this is only a concept.

Sorry, this post is pretty long ~
EDIT: I posted this on its own thread, but I had to delete it because this thread. Doesn't this thread seem kind of like a "post your ideas here so they can die with all the others" grouping thread?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

As long as you didn't reveal any source code of a mod, directly redistribute an assets of any mod, attempt to alter the source code of a mod, or otherwise talk down about a mod, I don't believe you would require any consent to create an in-game wiki/guide mod for mods.

If you did need permission for something like that, every unofficial wiki would be shut down and chickenbones would have one hell of a time keeping up with white/black lists for NEI.

So just take care as to HOW you implement the features for a "wiki" mod. Possibly talk to chickenbones himself as the possibility of doing this as an NEI extension like NEI Addons and NEI Plugin are. Just don't ask HIM to code it. If he says no as an extension, but likes the idea, he may help you with it. CB is a pretty cool guy.

GuacheSuede

Jul 29, 2019
So here's the story: I play on a custom server with my friends, and one of my friends is a Thaumcraft fanatic and always argues that a mod is bad if he has to go on a wiki to learn how to use it. Of course as you guys can understand there are many mods that are great even without the documentation. Eventually, I became frustrated by his logic and proposed the idea that I could try to make a mod that would provide a guide book for any mod that has no in-game documentation, and give players a guide for them to follow in-case they get lost.

Unfortunately, I have no experience in modding, my esteem is low, and my programming experience is somewhere in a rust pile in the nearest dump right now.

So I suppose all I can do right now is let the idea free into the wilderness and hope something snags.

What do you guys think of this idea? Do you feel this is something that is in reach if in the right hands? I understand I would need consent from many Modders, but it does kind of confuse and scare me that some of the more complex mods do not have any form of in-game documentation or intuition learning at all. Maybe it could become a community project and could be considered as an ingame wiki?

A few more features of this (possible) mod:

--Each book can have a configurable achievement-reward system, where new pages in the book would unlock when you create new items/blocks.(of course you can also skip certain blocks as well, similar to the Biomes-o-Plenty achievement system.)
--Each book can be custom textured to give a little bit of a flair.
--Books would be neatly organized, much like the way Ars magica 2 or Tinkers Construct work.
--Support for modders to add in their own books/pages

Another question that should be asked is whether Azanor is okay with an idea like this, since it would technically be stealing one of the prime catches of his mod. Although I haven't begun to make the mod, this is only a concept.

Sorry, this post is pretty long ~
EDIT: I posted this on its own thread, but I had to delete it because this thread. Doesn't this thread seem kind of like a "post your ideas here so they can die with all the others" grouping thread?

I am actually in progress of coding something like this, keep a look out on the forums :).U can contact me if there is a mod u specifically want me to code a "manual" for.

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
I would absolutely LOVE to have some type of Thaumcraft huge storage system. I was considering do a "Thaumcraft Run" on my friend's server, but I just hate the site of Chests everywhere, and the ME system does SO fantastic with condensing everything.

It doesn't have to do all the auto-crafting such as the ME does, but it could work similar to the Harness they just added in. By that I mean, you could start off with maybe just a regular chest sized storage, and add "Vacuos" to it to move up to the next tier of storage. I don't feel like this would be over powered, seeing as we've already got ME, but it would be something neat.

And before anyone says "It'd be pointless, just use chests or ME". Thaumcraft adds stuff we've already got, but does it in a magic way. I.E. the Harness that allows for creative flight. We've got MPS and Gravisuit which will add that, but Thaumcraft is about magic, and I feel like this addition would be very good for Thaumcraft users.