Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds 81x resource blocks, you know how ExU does this for certain resources but they go further than I think is necessary. I just want 9 gold blocks to make an 81 gold ingot block, IK it doesn't make sense spatially but remember that for the 9x recipe each ingot is 1 meter long and 1/3 of a meter wide and tall, so yeah. And then having the ingots(more like plates) be 1/3m x 1/9m x 1/3m (Square Plates about 4.2 inches wide and 1.4 inches thick) would be much more manageable plus that works a bit more accurately when building weapons and armor

Edit: I think my math is correct but someone can double check and correct me. Plus IK that the inches are a little bit under because I said that 1 m = 1 yd for convenience. But either way have 81 ingots in a block is much more practical.

Edit 2: I redid my numbers in metric then converted to standard.

Last edited:
D

DireChyymeras

A "runic magic" mod.
This mod would add a bunch of carvable runes which would add various buffs and utilities.
Ideas for runes:
" light switch" rune
a Redstone signal rune
Teleport runes
Spawner runes
Armor equip runes
And ones that exude potion effects

These runes would be carved into blocks using a machine called a grindstone, which is fueled by chalk which spawns around the world. The runes themselves can be found in the form of research notes in dungeon chests

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there's the old Runic mod from 1.5.2, but I'm not fond of the newer version that's supposed to update it to 1.7.10. Too much fluff, not enough of the original mechanics that made it interesting.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Is fluid transport with Logistics Pipes a thing in vanilla LP? If it isn't, a mod that adds fluid versions to all logistics pipes would be cool.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is fluid transport with Logistics Pipes a thing in vanilla LP? If it isn't, a mod that adds fluid versions to all logistics pipes would be cool.
It is, it's more limited than items but it exists, biggest issue I find personally is the lack of ability to create recipes for fluids, and it's not that big.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
It would be good to have Food Variance mod that rewards you for balanced/varied eating, instead of punishing for opposite.

Z

zunda

don't think that's what they meant - and from reading everything I saw in the link the only buff seems to be regen speed based on meal size.

Will make a rough outline of a mod that is (round abouts) what I think Tylor meant.

The nutrition mod:

It assigns nutritional values based on the components of the food and gives various long lasting buffs depending on how well fed you are / some debuffs too.

Examples:

Calcium - if you have enough calcium (from milk, cheese, crops grown with bonemeal, and whatever else there are in the mods you have assuming compatibility) in your diet then you take slightly less damage from melee attacks and take less falling damage because of your strengthened bones.

Iron - if you have enough iron in your diet (most meat and leafy greens of which mods have plenty) then you have better circulation which would translate to slower hunger loss or increased sprint speed. Low iron would equal a slight speed debuff and maybe some visual flickering.

Protein - high protein diet would mean resistance to poison and a small increase in xp gain (to simulate muscle mass gain) low protein levels would equal less XP drops and a small chance for you to be poisoned (let's say 1%) each second, with the poison not doing much damage but getting refreshed + 5 seconds if you take damage from any other source.

Just examples and there are other minerals/vitamins and even systems that could be used possibly to be more accurate, this is just off the top of my head.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Hunger Overhaul is heavily punishing for eating same food and gives slight bonus for eating variant food.
I want something like this, but with no punishments and more substantional rewards.

Somthing like Zunda said works, though I'd add a bonus for variance inside one food group too. For example:

When you eat food, you get exp, depending on it's nutrition and how long time ago (or never) you ate the same food.
Sometimes you get "cravings" for specific food you ate, this food will get even bigger bonus.
In mod config you can assign food groups for food items from vanilla and other mods and type of bonus player will get for eating that food group. Duration and magnitude of that bonus is depending on exp you get for it (i.e. you get bigger bonus for feed you have not eaten recently, food you have cravings for etc). You also get bigger exp for food groups that you have "deficit" in your organism now.

Mod adds Snack Sack item, that you can carry food in. It can be used as Bagginses bag for food items with Shift-right click. With normal Shift-right click with it, you will eat food from it with biggest expo modifier.

Reactions: Azzanine

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Hunger Overhaul is heavily punishing for eating same food and gives slight bonus for eating variant food.
I want something like this, but with no punishments and more substantional rewards.

Somthing like Zunda said works, though I'd add a bonus for variance inside one food group too. For example:

When you eat food, you get exp, depending on it's nutrition and how long time ago (or never) you ate the same food.
Sometimes you get "cravings" for specific food you ate, this food will get even bigger bonus.
In mod config you can assign food groups for food items from vanilla and other mods and type of bonus player will get for eating that food group. Duration and magnitude of that bonus is depending on exp you get for it (i.e. you get bigger bonus for feed you have not eaten recently, food you have cravings for etc). You also get bigger exp for food groups that you have "deficit" in your organism now.

Mod adds Snack Sack item, that you can carry food in. It can be used as Bagginses bag for food items with Shift-right click. With normal Shift-right click with it, you will eat food from it with biggest expo modifier.
You're thinking of Spice of Life, that's the one with diminishing returns. And a big issue is that a lot of people use it with Hunger Overhaul and create a totally broken system where even cycling food regularly doesn't help enough because you can only eat 3 or 4 of each food before the value goes down and most foods only restore 1/2 - 1 chicken nuggets. I would like to use spice of life in the pack in making but I'm not experienced enough with it and this pack is supposed to be very completed and well rounded.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
How about a mod like the Agricraft book but for 1.8.9(and maybe previous versions too wouldn't be bad) TiCon so then I don't need to rely on what I call "Magic 4th wall guides" Like Mini maps(Why I like Antique Atlas) Heck I think a full out crafting guide would be useful because I think In-Game guides are much cooler than let's say NEI or JEI now. Idk maybe you craft a book and you analyze items and when you analyze an item it will right down all the recipes that use that item. So if you put in a stick it will show you all the tools and swords because those require sticks. Think of it as studying so you figure out what you might be able to use the item for. And yeah ones for mode would be cool too, so you could craft one for Thermal Expansion machines or for MFR machines and so on. I just fell in love with in game guides after playing with Antique Atlas and Agricraft using their book.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Not so much a new mod. But a suggestion for all the mod developers.

I don't know if the (current) mod developers ever chat with one another about things. Would it be possible for you to chat about key assignments though?

There are only a few ?billion? possible key assignments on a keyboard. It would be nice to see a more universal key assignment system used by game developers. It is like there are games that are completely identical out their and the only thing that separates them is the key binds are completely different. I think I may have even seen default key binds change even within a series. While some key binds are all most universally accepted there still could be lots more of them.

What would be even nicer is if they all used the same key assignment files. So that once you have assigned that key in one game it will be used by all the games that have ?similar?/same basic action in there game/program. I wouldn't recommend the absolute same files. Possibly a system of files though. Encompassing multiple different game types, and control variation types. With the option of saving the key-binds to a separate file when needed. Like if it made more sense to the player if, for them, movement in one game made more sense with the I,J,K,L keys. Yet didn't make sense in every game that had a similar movement system.

<---- Well that went really far from my originally intended post subject. I like posing about it though. It is one of my hobby horses. So I will keep it and try to tie it in.

Maybe if the modders started agreeing where the default keybinds will go in even one game. Setup a system. Then implement it. The game developers might see them doing it and imitate the action on a ever increasing scale.

Do there really need to be 100,000 keys to turn on features on the different jetpacks? When it is only possible to wear one at a time.

I don't mind a mod using a billion keys. I can even see where that would make it much easier to do things in that mod. It just doesn't make any sense that those keys override all the other possible assignments to that key so that none of them will work.

Well, I managed to ramble a lot. I think I will go for now.

Thanks.

Edit:
Almost worth another post. Yet, I know that it makes sense that mod options reset with every update. Would it be possible to keep this from happening as often though? Right now I have to reconfigure three, or four, modss options every update. It isn't impossible to do. It just seems like it would be is a avoidable thing.

Last edited:

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Enthropy mod (aka Gremlins mod)

Mod is supposed to work (if what it does can be called "working") alongside tech mods. It looks for complex blocks in world and sabotages them with a very small chance per block. Usual way of sabotage is just breaking and dropping, but with some adjusting to specific mod, it can tinker with some blocks settings, inventories etc.

It's barely a problem until you get to really big systems. Then you have to find a way to counter entropy - add levels of redundancy, easy access to all parts for repair, methods of easily locating disfunction. In other way, you have to think more like real world engineer.

Blocks not currently doing any work are not affected, so if you shut down your machines on SMP server and leave for a month, you will not return to complete decay.

To make it slightly less annoying and "balance" with default behaviour, recipes for affected things can be made cheaper, and them working better. This would require tighter integration with "victim" mod(s), of cause.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magicka 3 as far as I can tell AM2 no longer has an active dev. And I think someone should takeover. I love the mod even with all it's bugs and issues. But if someone could go and maybe solve some issues, finish the abandoned features and update it to 1.8.9

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds a block that, when a redstone signal is applied, prevents the rendering of any torches in a 3x3 chunk radius of the block. The light will, of course, remain.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
guess I'll drop in a suggestion again.

I've played with several dungeon mods through the minecraft versions, and now I'd like to see a dungeon mod that pretty much combines them all.

the mod would generate a world generation building pretty rare in the world, like roguelike dungeons. it'd be an abandoned building, which resembles either a tower or a castle.
inside the building there's increased monster spawning with some very simple loot, but there's no monster spawners and at the bottom of the building you'll find a portal that you need to activate.

when activated the portal will take you to a new dimension, just like runic dungeons. in this new dungeon you start in 1 room, and that's everything that is currently generated in that world.
you'll not be able to exit this room, but if you try you'll be teleported back in, and if you manage to get too far from the room, you'll die.

in this room you'll be given 1 key, and there are 4 doors in the room aswell. you can unlock 1 door with that key, and the moment you do that, a new room is generated from that moment.
this means you're not able to cheat the mod by either forcefully breaking open the door or get swarmed by a million monsters already generated before you opened the room.

each room can be a different size (I don't know if any of you know the game the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, but the room generation would be similar to that) in this room you'll find several monster spawners, several doors and traps that'll make it difficult for you to clear it, and your objective is to find the next key to open the next door. the key can be found in a hidden chest, and the moment you open that chest, the room is cleared. when this happens all the monster spawners will disappear, along with any generated monster, but the traps remain. with this you're not able to easily grind rooms for monster drops and you'll also not be able to pick up or break the monster spawners.

you'll also find several treasure chests in the rooms with loot, but just like roguelike dungeons, this mod will generate a dungeon with floors, and the lower you go with each floor, the more difficult each room will become, with stronger monsters and more dangerous traps, but with better treasures.

and just like better dungeons, this mod will spawn unique types of monsters, perhaps even new type of monsters, and it'll also generate special types of unique items that can be used in the dungeon dimension to clear the rooms.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
guess I'll drop in a suggestion again.

I've played with several dungeon mods through the minecraft versions, and now I'd like to see a dungeon mod that pretty much combines them all.

the mod would generate a world generation building pretty rare in the world, like roguelike dungeons. it'd be an abandoned building, which resembles either a tower or a castle.
inside the building there's increased monster spawning with some very simple loot, but there's no monster spawners and at the bottom of the building you'll find a portal that you need to activate.

when activated the portal will take you to a new dimension, just like runic dungeons. in this new dungeon you start in 1 room, and that's everything that is currently generated in that world.
you'll not be able to exit this room, but if you try you'll be teleported back in, and if you manage to get too far from the room, you'll die.

in this room you'll be given 1 key, and there are 4 doors in the room aswell. you can unlock 1 door with that key, and the moment you do that, a new room is generated from that moment.
this means you're not able to cheat the mod by either forcefully breaking open the door or get swarmed by a million monsters already generated before you opened the room.

each room can be a different size (I don't know if any of you know the game the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, but the room generation would be similar to that) in this room you'll find several monster spawners, several doors and traps that'll make it difficult for you to clear it, and your objective is to find the next key to open the next door. the key can be found in a hidden chest, and the moment you open that chest, the room is cleared. when this happens all the monster spawners will disappear, along with any generated monster, but the traps remain. with this you're not able to easily grind rooms for monster drops and you'll also not be able to pick up or break the monster spawners.

you'll also find several treasure chests in the rooms with loot, but just like roguelike dungeons, this mod will generate a dungeon with floors, and the lower you go with each floor, the more difficult each room will become, with stronger monsters and more dangerous traps, but with better treasures.

and just like better dungeons, this mod will spawn unique types of monsters, perhaps even new type of monsters, and it'll also generate special types of unique items that can be used in the dungeon dimension to clear the rooms.
Take all the different dungeon mods out there and throw then into one. I like it.

By taking the dungeon dimension off of Runic Dungeons' grid, you've opened the possibility for rooms that aren't just squares with doors on each side- some rooms could be long hallways, or large arenas, or even span multiple floors; and as they not need not connect to their neighbors in the grid, you could have rooms with two exits, or just one, none at all, or even rooms that could act as a central hub with a multitude of exits, not unlike that Dimensional Dungeons mod a few versions back. Some rooms would have exits to the floor below (or, if a vertical shaft generates there, several floors below)... I like how this neatly prevents the long, straight corridors that I, at least, cleared out when I messed with Runic Dungeons a while back. And if most of the rooms have only one exit or are dead ends, you'd encourage people to branch off of the path they clear and create their own twisting maze. I like where this is going.

Idea: Some rooms have puzzles or bosses that can only be cleared using items found in other rooms. Maybe just spawn these dungeons for players with the key in their inventory, or do something like Botania's relics and track whether the player has received the key in the past, or perhaps have these rooms return an ordinary dungeon key without clearing them and let the player find the key specific to that dungeon elsewhere. In the third case, it's not like they'd need to solve the puzzle right then and there; with the free key they could go on and explore other dungeons at their leisure. Maybe the special key and the special room would be needed to advance to the next floor. At least on some floors. Hmm.

Either that, or abandon the idea of a 'floor' entirely and have room weighting (i.e. how often each room comes up), mob difficulty, loot tables, etc. scale smoothly with Y-level. Then some rooms could just step down a block or two, while others could be massive drops, sending the player into a level they're totally unprepared for. Ideally, that would all be configurable server-side, so anyone who wanted to create a modpack with super-customized dungeons could do so. There'd have to be some in-game way to build a template of a dungeon with some kind of placeholder blocks for the doors (perhaps with Exit and Entrance/Exit variations, usable on walls, floors, and ceilings) and a command that would scan around the player, find the smallest bounding box around them with blocks on all sides but empty space around it, check that there's at least one valid Entrance/Exit door and all the other doors are indeed valid doors and that the room itself it sealed and there's exactly one key in it somewhere, and cut out the whole room and dump it in a schematic file somewhere.

Maybe instead of putting the key in a chest, there could be a key block that gives a key when right-clicked. There could be variants of it that require the player to, for example, kill all nearby mobs, or fake variants that zap the player or spawn a mob or any number of nefarious things.

There'd probably also be need for some blocks that spawn mobs instantly when the room is spawned. It could be a random number of random mobs in random locations, or a single specified mob right in the location of the spawner. Creeper in your face!