Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
How about something to let mobs be "potentially solid" to other mobs? The goal is to see chickens climb on top of chickens, as a way to tell you that your chicken farm is undersized.

(No, I did not just watch a slime rancher video where some blue slimes climbed on each other to get out of the pen because they were unhappy. That was 3 minutes ago).

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I now have this horrific image of a zombie pyramid as they pile up outside my front door. (this needs to happen)
There's a mod that sort of does that already. Zombie Awareness, I think... it lets zombies both mine through walls and place blocks to pillar over walls or build bridges.

Not played with it myself, as I typically just build in Creative mode anyway, but it sounds terrifying.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The only main issue could be Minecraft's entity system- you'll need a decent number of zombies to stack up and overtop a wall, or fill in a ditch. Lagtastic- server admins will love this ;)
Might be able to cheat a little with 'gore blocks' of compressed zombie if they could suffocate one another.​

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The only main issue could be Minecraft's entity system- you'll need a decent number of zombies to stack up and overtop a wall, or fill in a ditch. Lagtastic- server admins will love this ;)
Might be able to cheat a little with 'gore blocks' of compressed zombie if they could suffocate one another.​
Hmm... I wonder if a mod could be made that allowed zombies to team up and turn themselves into solid blocks temporarily to form bridges and staircases to let other zombies walk across them, like how some species of ants bridge gaps. Would be more interesting than watching them build bridges out of cobblestone.

Probably pretty lagtastic as well, but surely it can't be too much worse than Minecraft's entity code.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Hmm... I wonder if a mod could be made that allowed zombies to team up and turn themselves into solid blocks temporarily to form bridges and staircases to let other zombies walk across them, like how some species of ants bridge gaps. Would be more interesting than watching them build bridges out of cobblestone.

Probably pretty lagtastic as well, but surely it can't be too much worse than Minecraft's entity code.

Egad. Nice in theory, but imagine what it would do the internet. YouTube will fill up with videos of kids doing lets plays with Zombies moving up against a wall, bending at the waist so that his compatriot can climb up...I think I will go get that beer...

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds in 16x, 32x, and 64x capacitors for Ender I/O, with corresponding capacitor banks. Yes, 64x.

Maybe the recipes should use blocks of Ender I/O alloys.

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, an NEI plugin for the Buildcraft 6 Assembly Table. I simply can't find any that adds in the Assembly Table.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna say it again.
Make a mod specifically dedicated to scaffolds.
Playing 1.8.9 and IC2 nor Artifice are ported or updated so I am pillaring like a scrub.
I'd like a mod that's early game that gives you vertical movement that isn't hovering with a jet pack.
Things I'd like to see; more versatile ic2 style scaffolds.
Cable winch that lets you free hang with some limited lateral movement. The idea is you set up some scaffolding climb up it and set up a cable winch and harness and hang down to to place blocks for detail work. Like a window washer.
A grappling hook that you can just hang from would be neat too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm gonna say it again.
Make a mod specifically dedicated to scaffolds.
Playing 1.8.9 and IC2 nor Artifice are ported or updated so I am pillaring like a scrub.
I'd like a mod that's early game that gives you vertical movement that isn't hovering with a jet pack.
Things I'd like to see; more versatile ic2 style scaffolds.
Cable winch that lets you free hang with some limited lateral movement. The idea is you set up some scaffolding climb up it and set up a cable winch and harness and hang down to to place blocks for detail work. Like a window washer.
A grappling hook that you can just hang from would be neat too.

Has MFR been updated? It's got vine scaffolds. You can't build them outward like IC2 scaffolds, but they go up and come back down easily enough.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Catwalks mod covers some of this.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

The two things about scaffolds that are really important:
  • Ability to stack them by smacking the bottom scaffold block with another equipped scaffold.
  • Insta-break the stack by breaking the bottom block.
I don't recall that being in the Catwalk mod. Of course I could have missed something - I used the mod primarily for the walk ways in my factory.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to check around the place--I know Iskander is using it in his test pack Influx right now.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Has MFR been updated? It's got vine scaffolds. You can't build them outward like IC2 scaffolds, but they go up and come back down easily enough.
Vine scaffolds are horrible as they need vines. Sure it's cool if you spawn near a jungle but Artifice and IC2 let you make them with wood.
I'd still like to see a cable harness too.
Also id like to see a scissor lift in mc.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
The two things about scaffolds that are really important:
  • Ability to stack them by smacking the bottom scaffold block with another equipped scaffold.
  • Insta-break the stack by breaking the bottom block.
I don't recall that being in the Catwalk mod. Of course I could have missed something - I used the mod primarily for the walk ways in my factory.
Yes to the first one
No to the second (I think)