Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't that what utility mode is for? Recipe mode is "I want no interference in gameplay whatsoever", cheat mode is "I want to cheat" (duh), and utility mode is "I want only non-cheating features".

Adding a mod is at least as cheaty as turning on utility mode, anyway.
That all depends on how the Magnet is implemented. Something like Iron + Seed for an item in your hotbar and you might as well just use NEI. But if its a potion or enchantment than that's different. The range also matters. A lot of times I'd be happy for just an extra 1/2 block range.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Isn't that what utility mode is for? Recipe mode is "I want no interference in gameplay whatsoever", cheat mode is "I want to cheat" (duh), and utility mode is "I want only non-cheating features".

Adding a mod is at least as cheaty as turning on utility mode, anyway.

For me it's the immersive nature of the feature. I prefer game tweaks in a more immersive way.

D

datzijnpasgamez

I love the mod Mekanism and which is not in the modpack FTB infinity and I would really chill if it gets into it

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
After seeing a post on Reddit about the smelting times and RF cost in various mods, and after reading a comment thread, I wondered if there's a mod to TiC that adds in an RF-powered smeltery heater.

What it does is heat up the smeltery using RF, EU, or MJ to a configurable temperature in a GUI. Higher temperatures use more RF, and the RF/degree ratio and the amount of RF drained per tick can be configured in a config file.

Reactions: Azzanine

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think it'd be a great idea, since smelteries are pretty cool for alloying things together and TiC tools kick major ass. Alas, I'm not sure if the devs would like that kinda thing or not...

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of Tinker I/O.

It allows you to hear a smeltery with solid fuel, don't know about RF though

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Minetweaker allows for alloying, I think. Other than that, ExtraTiC includes alloy recipes of its own.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You can use a Magma Crucible to melt cobblestone (or netherrack) to get lava to fuel your smeltery with. Or just use it to melt your metals (MUCH faster than the smeltery does on its own if you give it enough power, and it can even melt the materials that normally require pyrotheum) and pump the liquids into the smeltery for alloying.

Not sure if vanilla TiCo/TE add the crucible recipes for all the metals... might've been ExtraTiC that added that.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
A Minecraft nosepicking mod. Pick your own nose, or your friend's! Or the villagers' or zombies' noses.

Boogers act like slimeballs, and can be made into blocks, melted down to liquid in a smeltery, etc.

Reactions: Lethosos

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
A Minecraft nosepicking mod. Pick your own nose, or your friend's! Or the villagers' or zombies' noses.

Boogers act like slimeballs, and can be made into blocks, melted down to liquid in a smeltery, etc.

Actually, a specialized helmet that a player or mob could wear. Kinda looks like that hat with two beer cans strapped to the side with a straw, but in this case it would be two containers with hoses that hook up to the noses. On second thought, the straw could be optional, but then that would be a different mod.

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a Magma Crucible to melt cobblestone (or netherrack) to get lava to fuel your smeltery with. Or just use it to melt your metals (MUCH faster than the smeltery does on its own if you give it enough power, and it can even melt the materials that normally require pyrotheum) and pump the liquids into the smeltery for alloying.

Not sure if vanilla TiCo/TE add the crucible recipes for all the metals... might've been ExtraTiC that added that.
Yes, there's that, but it's indirect. You have to melt lava in a separate machine to get the smeltery to work.

What I'm looking for is a direct RF to temperature conversion.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there's that, but it's indirect. You have to melt lava in a separate machine to get the smeltery to work.

What I'm looking for is a direct RF to temperature conversion.
What would be cool is if you could use the RotaryCraft friction heater to heat the smeltery. Be a neat little way to bypass the lava requirement while requiring fair progression to get useful results.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't it do that already with the latest version?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I 'unno, I haven't tested it. I just assume mod interaction like that isn't a thing, saves me frustration down the road. I suppose I can test, though.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
At least someone like me actually reads the changelogs. :p