Request Suggest mods for creation here

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Anbaric

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I would like is an mid-end game process that lets you go "Creative mode" for a short time. No flight, there are plenty of ways to attain that yourself, but some sort of tool that lets you insert materials either manually or with Drives (ie: AE2 paintbrush)

While you have said tool, all materials you've put inside it are accessible by menu, (maybe while it's equipped it replaces the normal inventory with a custom one) and it keeps restocking your hotbar with anything that matches. Maybe an integrated autocrafter so it can keep you supplied with stairs or other complex items. It never gives you more items though, just lets you hold mass amounts while still being able to build and craft on the fly.

Making it replace the normal inventory menu though means you don't want to have it on you at all times, so it would be a building item that you have to put away for normal Minecraft stuffs.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
One thing I would like is an mid-end game process that lets you go "Creative mode" for a short time. No flight, there are plenty of ways to attain that yourself, but some sort of tool that lets you insert materials either manually or with Drives (ie: AE2 paintbrush)

While you have said tool, all materials you've put inside it are accessible by menu, (maybe while it's equipped it replaces the normal inventory with a custom one) and it keeps restocking your hotbar with anything that matches. Maybe an integrated autocrafter so it can keep you supplied with stairs or other complex items. It never gives you more items though, just lets you hold mass amounts while still being able to build and craft on the fly.

Making it replace the normal inventory menu though means you don't want to have it on you at all times, so it would be a building item that you have to put away for normal Minecraft stuffs.
Using RandomThing's Player Interface or Pneumaticraft's Aerial Interface, you can create a system that takes items out of your storage system of choice and puts them directly into your inventory. If you connect some sort of item-stocking system to the interface (either an ME subnetwork or a single Supplier Logistics Pipe), you can more or less replicate the effect you've described.

For instance, say you configure your setup to keep your hotbar stocked with half a stack of torches. Whenever you place one, your supplier will pull another torch out of your main storage (autocrafting if necessary and if configured to do so), which the aerial/player interface will use to refill your stack of torches.

Not quite what you described, as I understand it, but fairly close to it. Are you looking for functionality more similar to Forestry backpacks (except with much more storage, of course)?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Anbaric

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking more like the color applicator from AE2, but with storage more like a drive. You can stock it full of say wood, and anything that only requires wood in it's recipes would be available in the menu to pull and add to your hotbar. Adding more raw materials, and maybe tools, (it requires you to make patterns like normal AE2 to use tools for crafting, like chisels, Pam's cookware, ect.) expands how many things you can choose in the menu. And then even though you only have one item in your hotbar, you can keep placing it creative style while the resources are taken out of the device.

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Any mods out there that and ONLY an item magnet? And only an item magnet.

Ender I/O has one, but I'm not far enough to reach it.
Botania has one, but I don't want to have to grind 4 mana ingots just for one item.
Magic Bees has it, but I don't have it installed.
Tinker's Steelworks has one, but it uses a modifier and is relatively expensive (for early game. A hopper and an ender pearl are hard to get for me).

I remember there being an item magnet in ME^4, but I'm not sure if it's a separate mod or the Ender I/O one.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
One petal apothecary

One pure daisy to make one batch of Living Wood and two batches of Living Rock

One Mana Spreader

Two Mana Pools (one to use only to upgrade to a bigger pool)

A hand full of Dayblooms to make enough mana to make a single Endoflame

Add 3 more Endofames.

That's all you need.

But I get it.. you don't want Botania.. I'm not sure if there is a mod out there that just adds a magnet. Have you tried Curse? How are your java skills?

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't nei have a magnet mode?
Yes, but that's a cheat. I want an item magnet that's craftable and useable legitimately.

But I get it.. you don't want Botania.. I'm not sure if there is a mod out there that just adds a magnet. Have you tried Curse? How are your java skills?
I have no skills in Java, but I understand the basics of it. That's a reason why I want to learn Java just so that I can mod in this item for myself and others who want it.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Yes, but that's a cheat. I want an item magnet that's craftable and useable legitimately.

I have no skills in Java, but I understand the basics of it. That's a reason why I want to learn Java just so that I can mod in this item for myself and others who want it.
then just throw some items away in a pit of lava before turning it on. (the thrown away items resembling crafting the magnet mode)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Guys, stop rejecting bigyihsuan's idea, for some people an hour is a little too long to get an item that simply draws items on the ground towards you, and also all the content added by other is unnecessary for just an item magnet.

Reactions: OreCruncher

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
It wasn't a rejection of the request, just pointing out how easy/simple the Botania setup is. A mod the only adds a magnet would be a "my first mod" type thing so it would probably never be posted/shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
For the longest time I been thinking about having a separate magnet mod for similar reasons. I like the functionality, just don't want all the overhead. Maybe instead of an item make a new item enchantment that when present on a held item would attract nearby drops. It could be placed on tools and weapons. Would make a good enchantment on a hoe. :D

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I want a statue builder mod. A controller block that looks at all the available blocks in your modpack for colors, and then displays exactly how many of each you'll need to build a statue of your skin, with a configurable scale. Once you have said items, you could feed it into the controller block and it would build it for you.

I may or may not want to live in a monument dedicated to my egotism.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
For the longest time I been thinking about having a separate magnet mod for similar reasons. I like the functionality, just don't want all the overhead. Maybe instead of an item make a new item enchantment that when present on a held item would attract nearby drops. It could be placed on tools and weapons. Would make a good enchantment on a hoe. :D

What about doing a variety of way to get the magnet affect? Enchantment, Item, Potion, etc. Different levels. Then it could be customized to the player/server style.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Since the topic of item magnets came up I decided to add a Vacuum enchant to my mod. The mod is licensed MIT so if someone wanted to take the code and adapt it to a standalone mod or apply it to potions, etc. they can do so. The calculations for item trajectory is based on the EnderIO magnet logic primarily because CrazyPant's constants work so well. :)

Reactions: Lethosos and ljfa

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Then there's the other several hundred blocks and items that Botania adds that I won't use anyway. That's why I want a stand-alone item magnet mod.
Isn't that what utility mode is for? Recipe mode is "I want no interference in gameplay whatsoever", cheat mode is "I want to cheat" (duh), and utility mode is "I want only non-cheating features".

Adding a mod is at least as cheaty as turning on utility mode, anyway.

Reactions: Lumaceon