rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I know some of that's marble, but there might be some quarried stone too.
Yeah the grey tiled floors with the stone texture is Quarried Block from Railcraft. The smooth grey blocks are Tin Blocks.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So, after I have added another group of Plasma Generators to charge my IDSU(to power laser drills, totalling 16384EU/t), it turned out that my plasma level was still rising... Something was not right...

This source that I have been using mentions that the version that TPPI uses have the plasma nerfed to only half potency.
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/26xnm3/fusion_reactor_numbers_for_164_tppi/
About 4000k EU per bucket. But guess what some investigation in NEI turned up:
hNjplws.png

So instead of producing a surplus of 10 Plasma Generators worth of plasma, it is actually 25.5! So far I have set up 24, but only 12 of them run continuously lol.

Need to figure out what to spend all that extra power on now...

Reactions: Yusunoha

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
UU-Matter?
It is already running at 8192EU/t non-stop :p Filled an ExtraCells Block Container with Nether Quartz(520k). Got it making Diamonds atm simply because I needed something that costs a lot of UU to prevent it from filling up.

However I have been pondering on how to give the Mass Fabricator more power :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ah. I always just wrapped it in IDSU's.
Yeah that is a possibility. Could also just do all the EU transport through the IDSU since its internal bandwidth is infinite(just need one for every 8k input/output), but trying to set limits/challenges for myself to make things more interesting. So decided that the IDSUs are only going to be used for the Laser Drills.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Mostly I was doing that because it removed the issues with exploding cables. This was back in 1.4.7 while I was just learning the mods, and didn't realize HV could handle that kind of power.

Now I use MFSU carts and portals for long distance transportation of energy.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Used a Filler to clear and then fill out the top layer of the area...
I remember those times when buildcraft/filler was my best no-worldedit-yet friend. Ahh... the waiting for xxx chunks to be cleared... and the glorious end-of-the-world moments when i realize that blocks falling down by hundreds per second are no longer dirt and stone rather my build because i didnt care to check if planned area is not overlapping with existing builds... and as you may know there is no "undo" for uncompromising old fashion fillers. The need to stand next to it and feed it with stacks because area you are filling is bigger then filler inventory... the crappy tunneling you had to do because you had to define landmarks... the mess of water, lava, oil spilling into dark nothingness as filler do its job... the epic feel when you had 4 or 5 of them running at the same time and you were standing above it all slowly and systematically clearing... the fun of forgetting you are in area of working filler and trying to place block which instantly disappear... the rage when it get stuck on on special block not willing to be deleted... oh man if this machine had a sound it would still ring in my ears today.
Watching your new screenshot make me squeeze mouse pretty hard while gradually screaming "no, nooo, NOO!" as you come closer and closer to... but then i wake up and realize you have couple millions blocks to go so i am safe(for now?). While i despise some of your decisions i generally admire your dedication to make everything functional, which i gave up years ago. Maybe its going hand in hand building in survival but still you deserve a big cookie. I would like to see combined(ground/underground/dimensions) map-overview of whole build.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I remember those times when buildcraft/filler was my best no-worldedit-yet friend. Ahh... the waiting for xxx chunks to be cleared... and the glorious end-of-the-world moments when i realize that blocks falling down by hundreds per second are no longer dirt and stone rather my build because i didnt care to check if planned area is not overlapping with existing builds... and as you may know there is no "undo" for uncompromising old fashion fillers. The need to stand next to it and feed it with stacks because area you are filling is bigger then filler inventory... the crappy tunneling you had to do because you had to define landmarks... the mess of water, lava, oil spilling into dark nothingness as filler do its job... the epic feel when you had 4 or 5 of them running at the same time and you were standing above it all slowly and systematically clearing... the fun of forgetting you are in area of working filler and trying to place block which instantly disappear... the rage when it get stuck on on special block not willing to be deleted... oh man if this machine had a sound it would still ring in my ears today.
Yes. Really not a huge fan of the Filler either, but within the confines of survival it was this or a Quarry + Builders Wand :p
I WISH so badly there was a machine which only function was to fill in caves and fluids in the area/volume set. Just so you could make an area completely solid for building, getting rid of spawns etc.

While i despise some of your decisions i generally admire your dedication to make everything functional, which i gave up years ago. Maybe its going hand in hand building in survival but still you deserve a big cookie.
Yes a lot of the things I do could have been done better, simpler or "grander" from a pure building perspective if I had been building in creative, I agree on that. But most my motivation for playing comes from playing in survival. I can for short intervals do projects that serve no function(like the villa I just did in the Sacred springs), but eventually I have to go back to something that have a purpose. And what really do it for me is building cosmetic facades and housings for machines and automation.

I would like to see combined(ground/underground/dimensions) map-overview of whole build.
I will give it a shot. It is a bit difficult due to how densely layered the bunker is. JourneyMap and Zans tend to just compact multiple floors into one jumble because of this and hidden cable tunnels etc. obscures it even further.

Reactions: masterzh

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok, map overview of EVERYTHING(I think):

GfObpBk.jpg

Starting with the lowest level and working our way up. The Fusion reactor level(this one is in another dimension from the other floors):
CtJZmIm.png

Lowest level of the Overworld part of the bunker:
m6FUtor.png

Moving up one floor:
LTjX8xH.png

Up another floor:
izPJhEJ.png

And at the very top:
xyP8OiH.png

Lastly the Abyssal base:
Dlx3o7Y.png

(It is just an abandoned mineshaft off to the right)

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
dem 100k views tho<3
Also would love to see some experience farm!
Im currently making one myself do you have earlier posts about this?
49 pages is a bit to much to search through haha.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I was hoping for a bit more quality for map overview (as per level/section) but i guess thats the best you can do with that mod. So how much is planned to add to this project ? Also do you plan to revisit some sections and improve them ? Another question is if you plan to take and share some screenshots with shaders. And as above, congrats to 100 000 views.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
dem 100k views tho<3
Also would love to see some experience farm!
Im currently making one myself do you have earlier posts about this?
49 pages is a bit to much to search through haha.
Yes there are multiple posts about both experience and mob essence farms. Recently set up an enchanting lab. At the very beginning of the TPPI project I set up a Cursed earch setup(Mob essence->Autoenchanter). I however usually don't build things at the same time so you will have to look for it.

Enchanting lab:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ide-collection-etc.42664/page-44#post-1329173

Cursed earth:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-25#post-842776

So how much is planned to add to this project ?
Well.. I have ideas for stuff that depending on if I can find another modpack to play or not, might get added to this world. Some of them are so large and "good" ideas I would rather save them for a new project. But I still have smaller ideas that are marked for this world.

Also do you plan to revisit some sections and improve them ?
Yeah I do that constantly. Some times I just get fed up with a section and want to do something else for a while :p So there are many gaps here and there that needs fixing ;)
There are many sections that no longer look exactly like they did when I originally posted about them. And many places that you have never seen that I have worked on on-and-off So eventually I will probably have been over them all.

Another question is if you plan to take and share some screenshots with shaders.
I doubt it with my current PC. But I am looking into purchasing a new PC so maybe something like a final farewell tour to the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterzh

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I finally finished something today that have been a long time coming:
The Nuclear reactors:
1GFPhk1.png

I cannot remember if I have shown this control room before, so here it is :p

9ifm7lY.png

Overview of all the reactors(yes there are 32 normal Uranium reactors...). The switches are to manually turn the reactors off should I want to do some rearranging of the components etc.

View of the reactor pool from the control room:
s9IAHnv.png

Built a robotic "manipulator" thingy to exchange cells and other stuff(inspired by real reactors). You might have wondered what those black rail like grooves in the sides were for :p

UNBiFsU.png

Complete with a little walkway so you can observe the work from above/service the manipulator.

Struggling a bit with a "phantom" lightsource down in one of the reactor pits. It reappears every time I log in, but there is no apparent source of it. "Blocking it over" will make it go away, but it seems to come back again next time I log in no matter if something occupies the block or not.
Not the first hickup like this to show up. Guess it is to be expected after over a years lifetime of a world :p

Last edited:

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Regarding mysterious light-source i suggest you check its not behind block which appear to be lighted-up or exactly above on ceiling. If you had floodlamps installed you may know about debug option to show light-source-beam which helped a lot as those lamps use to leave some light-sources behind. Other way around is to use forge-wordedit and cut specific block. I had multiple problems with unplaceable blocks or bugged areas all solved with above tool. Disabling smooth lighting can help you pinpoint exact location.

I think i remember you showing us those holes for reactors. Control room looks nice. I was a bit disappointed that loading crane is only aesthetic, lightning is pretty basic and there is no special entrance to these rooms as far as i can see but meh. On right side of last picture i see some fancy displays is it part of control room ? I guess reactors are fed by/controlled by AE.