Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
What is one supposed to do when their Refined Relocation sorting system totally breaks? As-in 'hitting the sorting button' no longer allows the sorting to resume?

Edit: I guess the answer is go through and check everything again.

This system is super-fast when it works and as compact as you can get...but far from set-and-forget. That's a big negative in my book.

Last edited:

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Bug Report:

When putting binder composite in the galacticraft electric furnace, the first one to process produces 4 conduit binders, but if you leave the conduit binders in the furnace, you only get a one for one on the remaining binder composites that are processed. Example; I place 8 composite binders in the furnace and walk away. When they are done processing, I will have 11 conduit binders (4 for the first one, and 7 for the remaining comp. binders) instead of 32 like I would expect. It works as it should in a vanilla furnace.

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think my time is up in Galactic Science. Visited all the planets, did most of the HQM that I was interested in. Swimming in resources, happily safe in my fully pressurized domes on the moon with minor bases in most of the planets.
Was always looking for a modpack that was space-based, and you pulled it off nicely Caithleen. I'll be looking forward to your future modpacks and thanks!
View attachment 24078
Would you consider more pictures or as i type this sounds wierd a world download from just what you have said above it sounds epic. :I

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Would you consider more pictures or as i type this sounds wierd a world download from just what you have said above it sounds epic. :I

Well, humble beginnings as everyone starts on the same seed.
Caithleen was right, I was nowhere near done (the stargate is a real pain to get ahold of, as I just ended up running a speed-upgraded ender quarry to get the required materials)

First, my questbook:

2015-11-01_20.28.19.png

Abit about the base:
2015-11-01_20.31.36.png

The building to the right is my mob grinder, consisting of about 5 or so diamond-dollied spawners from the moon dungeons that drop onto conveyors that push them to the center, where they fall onto EXU Diamond spikes, and a vacuum hopper to pick up the drops/xp (feeds into a barrel, never got more sophisticated than this).
2015-11-01_20.35.13.png
It's sealed using an airlock and oxygen sealer so I can afk right near the spawn chamber.
(note: had to put an extra layer of enderio glass there because extra utilities dark glass doesn't count as a sealable block)
2015-11-01_20.37.05.png

As for the base, I liked the "dome" idea, and if you've got time to build something, might as well make it pretty, and I love the theme of the pack.
2015-11-01_20.38.27.png

The dome on the right was originally cobble, before I set up a soulsand generator and was able to get enough quartz to build it properly. It's got a double-airlock, so as not to depressurize the domes (I have an alarm setup with an oxygen detector that gives an audible warning from Electrical Age)
2015-11-01_20.40.06.png

Inside the main dome it's a bit of a mess, as Modular Storage in general I find buggy and overshadowed by refined relocation barrels. I've got little setups here and there, nothing to autosmelt everything, just generally grab a 100+ stack of iron ore and toss it through a sag mill. It finishes eventually. I could scale up, but no real need, as it suits my purposes:
2015-11-01_20.42.50.png

basic necessities:
Enderio-powered sifting system, input obsidian, get fat loot out. using "special chests to auto stack everything. Router Reborn is one of my favorite mods now.
2015-11-01_20.47.33.png

Power Gen:

Had to upgrade this to get that ender quarry going at a decent clip (damn Vanusian crystals, and Ununpentium!) Initially run by sterling generators that absolutly sip power due to being controlled by an EnderIO power monitor, I had to upgrade to Turbines to get that ender quarry kicking:

2015-11-01_20.51.10.png

Powered by a Cellulose munching syngas fed by a Progressive Automation Farm: (currently overloaded on potatoes)
2015-11-01_20.56.08.png

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019

Last bits:

A little more:

Cobble gen on left, Soulsand on right:
2015-11-01_21.01.37.png

5th connected dome is an unpressurized launch chamber connected by another double airlock to the main complex. The rocket is gated by another 5x5 horizontal airlock that opens when you launch (great for keeping those baddies out). Refining is in the back, powered by solar and unconnected to main power supply:

2015-11-01_21.06.18.png

Had to expand the Minechem operation for all those damn Nether stars (fission/fusion). I made a near-full periodic table with Sorting Barrels because my MC elements were starting to get out of hand:
2015-11-01_21.09.12.png

My stargate (I never got around to making an opencomputers Dialer, I have done it in another modpack
though, very fun mod:

2015-11-01_21.11.21.png

My chicken farm, because I was always trolled by those spawn eggs, and never got a second cow. Had to use a oxygen bubble, as a sealer doesn't seal for a few seconds upon login and things die (talking to you my dozen or so Pauls).

2015-11-01_21.15.36.png

Getting it built was a pain, but minecraft doesn't feel quite right without an animal farm of some kind.

My underground village full of Tok'ra villagers. Again had to use a bubble distributor:
2015-11-01_21.14.58.png

Last two I did just... because.

Seriously though, had to turn Meteor spawns way down after awhile:
2015-11-01_21.23.27.png

I can post a world download somewhere if y'all really want it. Think it's 205mb all said unpacked. I had alot of fun with this modpack, was both challenging and a fun "questline".

You were right Caithleen, it wasn't what I expected at the end.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i would be interested in a Multi player map with like 4 building for up to 4 players/teams. :) rofl

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any tips on how to safely mine asteroids? I barely survived my initial landing due to all the creepers that spawned at the landing site right before I had touched down and now I have a small outpost set up on the inside of the asteroid I hollowed out. However, I see no safe way to reach the other asteroids.

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any tips on how to safely mine asteroids? I barely survived my initial landing due to all the creepers that spawned at the landing site right before I had touched down and now I have a small outpost set up on the inside of the asteroid I hollowed out. However, I see no safe way to reach the other asteroids.
Super safe:
Jetpack or other flight method [in case of falls]
Platform over to nearest 'roid and place magnum torch as close as possible...then move away to let despawning work. Move 64 blocks closer and place another magnum torch. Go back and remove first magnum and place another 64 blocks closer / or on 'roid. Final despawn and 'roid should be yours.

Not-as-safe method [also requires flight]:
Fly in, plant magnum, and claim 'roid as yours by slaughtering all the natives. Should plant flag b4 strip-mining when using this method...for reasons.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Super safe:
Jetpack or other flight method [in case of falls]
Platform over to nearest 'roid and place magnum torch as close as possible...then move away to let despawning work. Move 64 blocks closer and place another magnum torch. Go back and remove first magnum and place another 64 blocks closer / or on 'roid. Final despawn and 'roid should be yours.

Fly in, plant magnum, and claim 'roid as yours by slaughtering all the natives. Should plant flag b4 strip-mining when using this method...for reasons.

I found once I figured out how to properly use the 4space jetpack (look down and press space to go up, look up and press space to go down.... RAPIDLY. Fell into the void the first time) that just hopping over to an asteroid, using the rrtools pick to plop a torch on top, then drop down to about the middle and mining toward the center to see what it's core is made of.
That said, other than silk-touching silicon for electrical age, I found little use for anything in the asteroid belt.

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019

Mission accepted!

I found once I figured out how to properly use the 4space jetpack (look down and press space to go up, look up and press space to go down.... RAPIDLY. Fell into the void the first time) that just hopping over to an asteroid, using the rrtools pick to plop a torch on top, then drop down to about the middle and mining toward the center to see what it's core is made of.
That said, other than silk-touching silicon for electrical age, I found little use for anything in the asteroid belt.

I failed to notice that the 4space mod had a jetpack - so I derped pretty hardcore there. However, as far as having little use for the asteroid belt how else did you acquire the boron ore necessary for breaking into fusion in NuclearCraft? NEI isn't showing me any other source.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
@Caithleen:
Looks like you 'adjusted' the RF consumption of the farming station / per upgrade used? Did you also take into account that each EIO machine has a maximum RF input which may/may not be configurable?

I'm asking because I setup a max-size mega spruce farm [on fertilized soil] yesterday for syngas production and I noticed 2 things. The internal RF buffer of the farm is almost always at/near zero...but it's being fed RF by an Enhanced conduit [5120 RF/t] that's pulling RF from a 5000 F/t capacitor. The farm isn't drawing anywhere near 5000 RF/t.

The other thing is the farm keeps dropping piles of logs everywhere because there isn't enough room in the farm's internal buffer to store the entire tree when harvested. I can deal with the dropped items somewhat via vacuum-type item collectors, but the latest version of EIO adds an additional 2 item slots to the farm's internal buffer. Can we upgrade please and can you check your EIO tinkerings?

Reactions: Ronzan
Status
Not open for further replies.