Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caithleen:
Looks like you 'adjusted' the RF consumption of the farming station / per upgrade used? Did you also take into account that each EIO machine has a maximum RF input which may/may not be configurable?

I'm asking because I setup a max-size mega spruce farm [on fertilized soil] yesterday for syngas production and I noticed 2 things. The internal RF buffer of the farm is almost always at/near zero...but it's being fed RF by an Enhanced conduit [5120 RF/t] that's pulling RF from a 5000 F/t capacitor. The farm isn't drawing anywhere near 5000 RF/t.

The other thing is the farm keeps dropping piles of logs everywhere because there isn't enough room in the farm's internal buffer to store the entire tree when harvested. I can deal with the dropped items somewhat via vacuum-type item collectors, but the latest version of EIO adds an additional 2 item slots to the farm's internal buffer. Can we upgrade please and can you check your EIO tinkerings?

I have made the same observation/conclusion, with a medium sized farm on fertilized soil.
However, even with a medium sized farm with oak trees, I have a huge overflow of cellulose (running two mixing/heater sets).
My workaround for this was to stop the farming station (using redstone) when my oak log barrel backlogs.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
@Caithleen:
Looks like you 'adjusted' the RF consumption of the farming station / per upgrade used? Did you also take into account that each EIO machine has a maximum RF input which may/may not be configurable?

I'm asking because I setup a max-size mega spruce farm [on fertilized soil] yesterday for syngas production and I noticed 2 things. The internal RF buffer of the farm is almost always at/near zero...but it's being fed RF by an Enhanced conduit [5120 RF/t] that's pulling RF from a 5000 F/t capacitor. The farm isn't drawing anywhere near 5000 RF/t.

The other thing is the farm keeps dropping piles of logs everywhere because there isn't enough room in the farm's internal buffer to store the entire tree when harvested. I can deal with the dropped items somewhat via vacuum-type item collectors, but the latest version of EIO adds an additional 2 item slots to the farm's internal buffer. Can we upgrade please and can you check your EIO tinkerings?

Only the VAT has been changed and the T4 recipes for the alloy smelter.

I havent had the issue with blocks not beeing collected when using EIO conduits on it (the ender ones saying instant transfer). It should also be possible to add a buffer chest and let the farm push.

Updating EIO .. i have another big update allready pending but time for testing is limited. Send a PM if anyone wants to help out on testing (with existing single player worlds)

pakos2835

Jul 29, 2019
modlist contain modular systems , i upd to latest ver and upd recipes, but it still uncompatible with invtweaks :mad:
so i decide delete modular systems and refined relocation and integrate ae2 in pack with custom recipes and quests

Last edited:

slaninamaslo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I updated modpack to version 1.4.13. and i keep getting this error. I didn't changed anything. I was only on Mars. What now?

Attachments

• What now.png
    What now.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 51

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
modlist contain modular systems , i upd to latest ver and upd recipes, but it still uncompatible with invtweaks :mad:
so i decide delete modular systems and refined relocation and integrate ae2 in pack with custom recipes and quests
How'd you get around getting meteors spawning for the presses?

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Mission accepted!

I failed to notice that the 4space mod had a jetpack - so I derped pretty hardcore there. However, as far as having little use for the asteroid belt how else did you acquire the boron ore necessary for breaking into fusion in NuclearCraft? NEI isn't showing me any other source.

I never used nuclearcraft, as Advanced Generators seemed to provide more than enough power for anything I wanted to do. I've got a ton of boron from sifting pluto rock (which I've got a few thousand stacks of after trying to get unupentium for the stargate). Never used it, just did it for completeness, and my sifters weren't being used for anything else at the time.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Only the VAT has been changed and the T4 recipes for the alloy smelter.

I havent had the issue with blocks not beeing collected when using EIO conduits on it (the ender ones saying instant transfer). It should also be possible to add a buffer chest and let the farm push.

Updating EIO .. i have another big update allready pending but time for testing is limited. Send a PM if anyone wants to help out on testing (with existing single player worlds)

I'm confused then. EIO's site states 93 RF/t with 1M RF storage for an Octadic farm but mine says 100 RF/t with 500,000 RF storage? First noticed these changes when I got my Powered Spawner setup. Spawner with an Octadic upgrade should draw max 3,000 RF/t and store 500,000 RF [according to EIO's wiki]. Mine, with only a Double-Layer upgrade, draws 5,000 RF/t and stores 200,000 RF.

I've played with EIO in other packs and with other versions of EIO and these numbers are familiar, so I don't think anything has changed in EIO [that didn;t make it to the wiki]. Seems like more things have been changed in this pack then what's listed above.

I'm also confused by your reference to EIO conduits. Are you talking energy or item...or both? The Enhanced conduit transfers RF at 5120/t. My farm isn't even absorbing 100RF/t let alone 5,000 RF/t. I'm already using a barrel buffer [with void upgrade] between the farm and the Syngas item input. EIO is telling me the dropped items aren't because they have no where to go in the conduit system but that there is no more space for the items in the farm's internal buffer [farm harvest the entire tree at once...so entire tree must fit into those 4 slots or whatever's left over gets dropped in-world]. With 15 speed upgrades, the item conduit is pulling stack at a time. I 'could' use a universal buffer, but that would break axe automation [as the buffer would fill up with stone axes] and it might not be instant transfer anyway.

This is why I asked you to check your EIO tinkerings because they are very different from default EIO settings.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Annnd the ex nihilo sorting system broke again. This time it does not want to be fixed. I've tried removing the first stack and hitting the sort button. I've tried that while also removing various sorting connector blocks around the system. I've also tried moving the primary sorting chest. Nothing is working. Looking on the RR minecraft forums, the problem 'may' be related to a specific forge version. Have you tried to resolve this with the RR mod author Caithleen? Unless they've made things easier in my absence, trying to change which forge version is used in a FtB modpack is only somewhat easier than arm-wrestling a grizzly bear.

Edit: Only thing I can think of is some of my barrels are full [they all have void upgrades]. Sometimes I'll see a barrel with 257 stacks where 256 is the max.

Edit: Yeah, upgraded my storage and sorting started working again. So RR sorting does not respect barrel void upgrades.

Last edited:

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
I never used nuclearcraft, as Advanced Generators seemed to provide more than enough power for anything I wanted to do. I've got a ton of boron from sifting pluto rock (which I've got a few thousand stacks of after trying to get unupentium for the stargate). Never used it, just did it for completeness, and my sifters weren't being used for anything else at the time.

Thanks for that - I'll skip mining asteroids and go straight to Pluto - not sure how I missed that you can get boron from sifting that rock.

To be honest, I want to really like NuclearCraft (especially compared to Big Reactors) but at this point the mod is unpolished enough (crashes, manually filling water cells from water source blocks for the electrolyzer, inability to monitor power levels or heat buildup, etc) that I'm just not having a lot of fun with it. If GS included Project Red that'd probably give me some more options for control but at this point I'm quickly losing interest in trying to come up with ways to automate NC with vanilla redstone logic + the rftools timer and I have no need for the insane amounts of power NC can generate when I can produce syngas from farms and use that to run a generator with a steel turbines.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I asked you to check your EIO tinkerings because they are very different from default EIO settings.

# The amount of power used by a farm per action (eg plant, till, harvest)

I:farmActionEnergyUseRF=500

# The amount of power used by a farm per wood block 'chopped'

I:farmAxeActionEnergyUseRF=1000

Annnd the ex nihilo sorting system broke again. This time it does not want to be fixed. I've tried removing the first stack and hitting the sort button. I've tried that while also removing various sorting connector blocks around the system. I've also tried moving the primary sorting chest. Nothing is working. Looking on the RR minecraft forums, the problem 'may' be related to a specific forge version. Have you tried to resolve this with the RR mod author Caithleen? Unless they've made things easier in my absence, trying to change which forge version is used in a FtB modpack is only somewhat easier than arm-wrestling a grizzly bear.

Edit: Only thing I can think of is some of my barrels are full [they all have void upgrades]. Sometimes I'll see a barrel with 257 stacks where 256 is the max.

Edit: Yeah, upgraded my storage and sorting started working again. So RR sorting does not respect barrel void upgrades.

Well ... 41 open issues including the described, some months old ... feel free to push the issues on the RR git.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
RR Sorting update:

If your sorting breaks...and you've tried removing the first stack and hitting the chest's 'sort' button...and none of your barrels are full...and you haven't made any changes to the system...and the system was working fine previously...

Clear and reprogram the sorting filter. Then go to the offending chest, remove the first stack, and hit the 'sort' button. This just worked for me. YMMV.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Please, help my. How to make Slindum?

Caithleen's post below does not show how to make Slindum, but shows how the mechanics of Minechem's fission / fusion work. Fission splits one element into two where the new element has half the atomic number of the original [rounded down for odd-numbered elements]. Fusion takes 2 elements and creates one where the new element has an atomic number equal to the sum of the two fused elements.

Easy way to make Slindum:
Fuse Copper[29] to get Cerium[58]
Fuse Cerium[58] with Mymlenium[198] to get Slindum[256]

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Caithleen's post below does not show how to make Slindum, but shows how the mechanics of Minechem's fission / fusion work. Fission splits one element into two where the new element has half the atomic number of the original [rounded down for odd-numbered elements]. Fusion takes 2 elements and creates one where the new element has an atomic number equal to the sum of the two fused elements.

Easy way to make Slindum:
Fuse Copper[29] to get Cerium[58]
Fuse Cerium[58] with Mymlenium[198] to get Slindum[256]

Yeah on my playthrough I didn't even realize that minechem went above the periodic table... would have helped me greatly with my stargate lol. I might keep on playing just to create a stargate network using an opencomputers dialing system.

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
как скачать

Вы должны использовать MYM запуска или поток Зверь запуска для загрузки.

Edit: I don't speak, read, or write Russian. That was my answer using Google Translate, hope it helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.