Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if this is where i should be posting this. but i have run into a snag with the more power quest line. im on transmission received, i need to make a dimensional transceiver and it requires 1 ender soul to make the ender crystal. i have yet to find an enderman anywhere on any of the planets. if anyone knows a work around or where to find 1 enderman soul please let me know. srry if the post is in the wrong area of the forum

Some quests gave enderman spawn eggs as a reward. Use them or make a creepy doll and throw it into some witch water to spawn an enderman. I did the latter and made a powered spawner from ender IO with the soul vial. Alternatively you can use RF tools' spawner system to spawn one using ender pearls and a few other items. Either way you can use these methods to farm enderman. WARNING! Ender IO spawner a use a lot of RF

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Where are the rest of the way old mod updates :\

Some most just only work in their version configuration since they are not maintained atm, others are in testing. Are you volunteering for testing? :D

This modpack is just Epic, but i think you can add some mods, like agricraft and tinker's construct :D

Farmville on the moon? Smelteries I would have to nerf into the ground?

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
Some most just only work in their version configuration since they are not maintained atm, others are in testing. Are you volunteering for testing? :D

Farmville on the moon? Smelteries I would have to nerf into the ground?[/QU

What if you added TiC and maybe Iguana tweaks but just made it to where only flint and bone tools are available in T1. You can make smelteries a later thing. Just a suggestion but agree that Tinkers would be a little OP early on unless kept in check but also very helpful. I think the Regrowth modpack does something similar where you can make the early tools right away and the smeltery comes later on. Just my thoughts

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
1. i dont see the theme fit in any way
2. i would have to take out 98% of the content like I would need to do on AE2 e.g. to force the player to actually use the new toys he got.
3. its against the packs credo - something fresh - ticon is probably the most used mod out there

I know people are used to it and its a great mod, but i really dont see it in gc :)

TheonlyTazz

Jul 29, 2019
so i managed to go to Mars, and established a decent connection between Mars - Moon... but i'm clueless what to do now... i've found a T2 Dungeon and got a Miner print...

mining for Desh seems soo tedious with a normal pickaxe... is there an other way to get desh faster?

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
2. i would have to take out 98% of the content like I would need to do on AE2 e.g. to force the player to actually use the new toys he got.
3. its against the packs credo - something fresh - ticon is probably the most used mod out there

I know people are used to it and its a great mod, but i really dont see it in gc :)

Very good points. I find myself using mods that I've never really worked with and it is really fun.

Reactions: Caithleen

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019

On the topic of AE2... you gate it to tie into somewhere with T3 material...say the Asteroid Belt perhaps? I'm still on the fence with the Modular Storage, I'll have to give it another bash at some point.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
And there is a really simple way to have access to oxygen anywhere and anytime: One of the quests is to make a Dimensional Chest and it gives you a second chest as reward. Place a chest next to the Oxygen Compressor and connect it to the bottom of the compressor using a Refined Relocation tube. Put an Extractor module into both sides of the tube and set them to extract a single item every 2-3 seconds. Craft a few empty canisters and drop them into the chest. It will take an empty oxygen canister out of the chest, place it in the compressor and then put the full canister back into the chest.

Does this still work with Canisters? I finally got around to sealing my base, well a floor of it, and was going to use this method to provide the Sealer with O2. However, the Sealer will not accept O2 Tanks [like the kind you use to breathe from] and the Compressor will not recognize Empty Canisters as a valid O2 tank.

Edit: This method should still work for the Sealer...looks like I just need to use a Gas Liquifier to fill the Canisters. And Elevators make wonderful airlocks.

Last edited:

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Does this still work with Canisters? I finally got around to sealing my base, well a floor of it, and was going to use this method to provide the Sealer with O2. However, the Sealer will not accept O2 Tanks [like the kind you use to breathe from] and the Compressor will not recognize Empty Canisters as a valid O2 tank.

Edit: This method should still work for the Sealer...looks like I just need to use a Gas Liquifier to fill the Canisters. And Elevators make wonderful airlocks.

Why not just pump the oxygen through the wall using the sealed oxygen block and carry the air from the collector using oxygen pipes? That worked for my sealed room.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just pump the oxygen through the wall using the sealed oxygen block and carry the air from the collector using oxygen pipes? That worked for my sealed room.
With multiple bases, that requires an oxygen generation setup for each base. Using one base to fill canisters and then sending those canisters to other dimensions seems more cost-effective not to mention cooler.

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
With multiple bases, that requires an oxygen generation setup for each base. Using one base to fill canisters and then sending those canisters to other dimensions seems more cost-effective not to mention cooler.

OHHH!! Ok, gotcha now, wasn't following what you were doing there. Pretty nifty!

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Is there a way to automatically fill a bucket with lava OR is there a way to have a lava source block be placed in the world automatically?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
EIO tanks can fill ... but i hope you dont want this for power ;)
Mayyyyybe. I was going to use the buckets of lava to fill Stirling engines with buckets of lava. I would use an Ender chest with transfer nodes. I could power a great number of generators, provided I could keep up the lava generation.

It seems like a neat idea using the Ender chest as a tesseract type block.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Ok having a problem with getting a skull for a soul binder. I have not gotten a single skull. I've been using The Ender and a polytool with an entire stack of beryllium on it. Any suggestions? I did grab an evolved skeleton spawner with a diamond dolly but haven't set it up yet. Is that worth doing or am I doing something wrong or should be trying something else to get a skull?

Also can anyone point me at a good tutorial for how to configure the matter transmitter and receivers properly? I can't get mine to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.