Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
To my experience it has never helped, unless something was changed for this modpack. Also to quote the wiki "The Watering Can has no effect."
There is a wiki page that breaks it all down, the watering can does have an effect but it is only slight. There are 6 times throughout the day that the ender lilly can grow. On normal dirt and end stone only 50% of the time can it grow at one of these 6 times throughout the day, but on an ender core it can grow at all of the times, but it has to recieve a random tick during that time, and the watering can ensures it gets this random tick(it is possible for it to not get a random tick during it's available grow time) So you can't just sit there with a watering can and make it grow faster constantly, but you can use the watering can to ensure it grows when it is able to do so.

Quote from the same wiki page (further down):
  • Every block update that happens while the proper "growth window" is active has a chance to trigger the next growth stage. Using something that triggers additional block updates, such as the Watering Can or the area-of-effect from a Sigil of the Green Grove from Blood Magic (not the effect from using it directly on a plant), can be quite useful to ensure that growth happens during every possible growth opportunity.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
There is a wiki page that breaks it all down, the watering can does have an effect but it is only slight. There are 6 times throughout the day that the ender lilly can grow. On normal dirt and end stone only 50% of the time can it grow at one of these 6 times throughout the day, but on an ender core it can grow at all of the times, but it has to recieve a random tick during that time, and the watering can ensures it gets this random tick(it is possible for it to not get a random tick during it's available grow time) So you can't just sit there with a watering can and make it grow faster constantly, but you can use the watering can to ensure it grows when it is able to do so.

Quote from the same wiki page (further down):
  • Every block update that happens while the proper "growth window" is active has a chance to trigger the next growth stage. Using something that triggers additional block updates, such as the Watering Can or the area-of-effect from a Sigil of the Green Grove from Blood Magic (not the effect from using it directly on a plant), can be quite useful to ensure that growth happens during every possible growth opportunity.
Yeah I understand, but for my immediate purposes it was TL;DR, not to mention that by the time i harvested my third ender lily on End Stone i already had the minechem machines needed to mass produce ender pearls..

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
I believe I found an error with recipes. I was playing around with creative and went to pluto. I noticed 9 raw ununpentium would make a block of frozen iron which could make 9 frozen iron which could be made into a block of ununpentium which could be made into 9 raw ununpentium.
Pictures showing how much I mined, how many of both of these I got, and the recipe. http://imgur.com/a/Ou0Ee

RebelZed

Jul 29, 2019
I see a lot of people referring to T1-T9(maybe T6) of power. What are these stages assuming sterlings are T1

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
So I haven't played with a number of these mods... I know I am missing stuff.
I built an advanced generator with a gas controller. How do I feed it hydrogen? I can manually empty glass vials into an open blocks tank, but that is way too slow. I filled a couple of tanks, fed them into the fluid input and they were used up in a couple of seconds...(I used 5 iron and 1 steel turbine) Fuel doesn't work..That I could automate, but I doubt that would keep up..

I made it to Mars and back!, what other planets can I go to, the GC wiki only lists moon, earth mars, space station and asteroids. Is there a reason to build a station?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I see a lot of people referring to T1-T9(maybe T6) of power. What are these stages assuming sterlings are T1
If I'm not wrong T1 is Stirling generators, T2 is advanced generators and T3 is fusion reactor.

But I don't know exactly what T4-T6 mean. Planets?

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I built an advanced generator with a gas controller. How do I feed it hydrogen?
Gas turbine work with fuel (rocket fuel or syngas) wich are produce in vats (rocket fuel) or syngas producer.

Steam turbine is fed by an heat exchanger.
I made it to Mars and back!, what other planets can I go to, the GC wiki only lists moon, earth mars, space station and asteroids.
It M key to display galaxy map to view other planets and requirements for it.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I built an advanced generator with a gas controller. How do I feed it hydrogen? I can manually empty glass vials into an open blocks tank, but that is way too slow. I filled a couple of tanks, fed them into the fluid input and they were used up in a couple of seconds...(I used 5 iron and 1 steel turbine) Fuel doesn't work..That I could automate, but I doubt that would keep up..

I made it to Mars and back!, what other planets can I go to, the GC wiki only lists moon, earth mars, space station and asteroids. Is there a reason to build a station?

You can use an eio tank to automatically use the hydrogen in the generator, but it will do better in stirlings powerwise @t1.

Adv. generators have been moved to T2 in 1.4.9 due to balance issues with other chemicals.

At T2 you should be using syngas, rocket fuel, firewater or smth. like propane in it.

At T3 theres nuclearcraft, the fusion is awesome.

You can visit all places the star map shows you. Spacestations in singleplayer are okay to make but its really optional and i dont really see a reason to do this. Esp. when you fall off it things get nasty.

T1-T3 = corresponding Rockettiers and planet access.
T4 Stargate
T5 a mystery
T6 all the daleks!

Reactions: Qanthelas

Orionus

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have a nether star I received early on as a present, which I've already charged. However, the detection task for a nether star will not detect it when I have it in inventory.

Also the "He" task shows up as "unnamed" completed, but I see any quest info, and never selected a quest reward.

Any ideas on these issues?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Thats intended. The star from super massive tech is a modified one.

Since its the last minechem quest - use minechem to actually make one!

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
With Caithleen explanations I know I'm T2 in power (gas turbine with syngas), maybe T3 but my fusion reactor is in a chest.

I've visited planets (thanks to others users of my server) and I'm in the beginning of Stargate quest.

Is Deuterium and Tritium be synth because the electrolyzer from nuclearcraft take sooooooooooooooooo long to make fuel (1 stack of water cell to 3 Deuterium and 1 tritium).

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Yay Feed the beast, For some reason it stopped giving me notifications when someone comments on this thread. I missed a good 45 pages of comments :(
That happens when you don't write anything on the thread for some time.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
My problem is : how to automate water cell from nuclearcraft and after put a stack of it in the electrolyzer to make deuterium and tritium.

I've googled a bit but nuclearcraft is a newer mod :(

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good way to get carbon nanotubes? Making them takes ridiculous amounts of carbon and diamonds only decompose into 3. I took one look at making the polytool and couldn't help but twitch.

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good way to get carbon nanotubes? Making them takes ridiculous amounts of carbon and diamonds only decompose into 3. I took one look at making the polytool and couldn't help but twitch.
Retinol from carrots produces a lot of carbon, also decomposing cocoa beans is a good way, or you could just make a big tree farm and decompose charcoal.

Reactions: Caithleen
Status
Not open for further replies.