Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
a half stack just made 1.7m rf oO that needs a nerf!

Looks like the controllers for the gas turbiens will require desh in 1.4.9 ;)

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
What are some good power sources? I have a stirling generator and a QEA but I can barely make enough power. I am using a crafter to try and compress all of my cobble but it completely drains all of my energy.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
What are some good power sources? I have a stirling generator and a QEA but I can barely make enough power. I am using a crafter to try and compress all of my cobble but it completely drains all of my energy.
Also don't use a crafter, it is ridiculously power hungry, 1k RF per operation I think. Use relocators with crafting modules in them and an extractor module to pull the cobble from a chest/buffer. Uses no power and is a decent speed.

KayakinC

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished fixing my corrupt map by moving all the files to a new save that I need but for some reason I spawn in with no inventory. Can someone tell me where the player inventory is saved as I have tried copying the player data folder but that does not work. Thanks in advance.

I also am playing on a server with one other person if that changes anything. So I need both our inventory's.

If the other person logs in the world is fine and if they continue playing the world saves just like normal. As soon as i log in I walk around and fall through the floor then soon after the server crashes. So how this might have started. Last night I went to mars for first time and set up a matter transmitter and receiver. I went from mars back to moon and just after that the server crashed. My internet was giving me problems so I thought that was why I got disconnected from our server but as I have stated this morning it crashes when I log in. Anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I currently have a bit of a problem with the Dr. Whooo-quest in the stargate chapter; whenever I try to dial the stargate address from the quest book, I get "No stargate at address ZFRRUDGJY" in the chat. As far as I understand it, I need this to work to be able to finish the "Thank you for playing GS" quest (and thus finish the quest book).

I started playing on GS 1.3.2 (from the FTB launcher) and updated to 1.4.8 a few days ago. I also have a second stargate on venus and have used it to travel between the moon and venus (although I have no idea if this might have anything to do with the problem). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just double checked the coords and they are correct.

Ahhh its easy. You made your world before the map with the other stargate was in it. Dive into maps/default and copy the dim -112 over to your save!

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished fixing my corrupt map by moving all the files to a new save that I need but for some reason I spawn in with no inventory. Can someone tell me where the player inventory is saved as I have tried copying the player data folder but that does not work. Thanks in advance.

I also am playing on a server with one other person if that changes anything. So I need both our inventory's.

If the other person logs in the world is fine and if they continue playing the world saves just like normal. As soon as i log in I walk around and fall through the floor then soon after the server crashes. So how this might have started. Last night I went to mars for first time and set up a matter transmitter and receiver. I went from mars back to moon and just after that the server crashed. My internet was giving me problems so I thought that was why I got disconnected from our server but as I have stated this morning it crashes when I log in. Anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Without a crash report i could do some hand reading or babble about a lunar eclipse in conjuntion with mars ;)

KayakinC

Jul 29, 2019
Without a crash report i could do some hand reading or babble about a lunar eclipse in conjuntion with mars ;)

I do not see a crash report unless I am looking in the wrong place. If you tell me where to find it I will get it for you if you would like to see if there is a reason why something like that may happen. If you dont want to look at it I think I will just try to creative my inventory to the map I recovered and hope all is well.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I do not see a crash report unless I am looking in the wrong place. If you tell me where to find it I will get it for you if you would like to see if there is a reason why something like that may happen. If you dont want to look at it I think I will just try to creative my inventory to the map I recovered and hope all is well.

Servers should have a /log directory too...

Franzz

Jul 29, 2019
Just double checked the coords and they are correct.

Ahhh its easy. You made your world before the map with the other stargate was in it. Dive into maps/default and copy the dim -112 over to your save!

Alright, that did it. Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, right on the other side, down the ladder, there is this thingy saying in its GUI that it can't find its counterpart; will try again and investigate.

On a different topic: I very much like the concept of making a visit to mars necessary to obtain advanced generators (didn't know them before; thanks for including them in the pack, btw). But I feel desh could have even more uses, to add to the sense of achievement and advancement (in the storyline as well as technical). Perhaps make the ingot in all turbine rotor recipes a desh ingot?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Desh is allready used for alot of things. 90% of EIO is using it, which makes T2 a whole new approach to base design after t1 :)

Whats the "thingy" ?

And if you liked adv. generators, look at the nuclearcraft fusion, its awesome! Easy 100k+rf/t

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Also don't use a crafter, it is ridiculously power hungry, 1k RF per operation I think. Use relocators with crafting modules in them and an extractor module to pull the cobble from a chest/buffer. Uses no power and is a decent speed.

Correct. Theres also Xuautocrafting but it sucks.

The Crafters are more meant for the stage where you automate the broken metal stuff :=)

BigDaddyStamp

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for putting this together. I started watching GenericB play this and was fascinated with this idea that you all came with. That was 1 week ago and I haven't been able to walk away from this pack but to get a few hours of sleep. But even then I wake up at 2am thinking about the next objective. I was pretty much done with Minecraft until this mod pack and I really appreciate all the hard work you all have put into this. Keep up the good work!

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for putting this together. I started watching GenericB play this and was fascinated with this idea that you all came with. That was 1 week ago and I haven't been able to walk away from this pack but to get a few hours of sleep. But even then I wake up at 2am thinking about the next objective. I was pretty much done with Minecraft until this mod pack and I really appreciate all the hard work you all have put into this. Keep up the good work!

Glad you like. And - Oh how i know that. I stopped counting sheeps for sleep and started planning on "what to build tomorrow" :D

I try to keep up the good work while i work on hypovolemia :)

Franzz

Jul 29, 2019
Desh is allready used for alot of things. 90% of EIO is using it, which makes T2 a whole new approach to base design after t1 :)

Whats the "thingy" ?

And if you liked adv. generators, look at the nuclearcraft fusion, its awesome! Easy 100k+rf/t

Sorry, with 'thingy' I meant the short range telepad. I dug around a bit and found the second one, which in turn says it cannot find the first one. Got pushed into the void in the process, and respawned somewhere in the map where there were no blocks underneath me, so I fell into the void all over again ... Good thing I made a backup before copying the DIM folder. Don't know if this is a map issue or has to do with me starting the world in an earlier GS version.

I'm ok with desh uses as they are, just looking for ways to spend some more, other than making lots of arc lights. Again, thanks for the help and the fine modpack!

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Youre welcome, ill check the teleport pads tomorrow. If they dont work : You want to go up from the stargate :D

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow... Someone is going to hate me for saying this, but coal might just be a tad bit OP for building modular furnaces, 3x3x8 of coal is 66x both speed and efficiency... that is over a stack smelted for a single elemental carbon.

Reactions: Qanthelas

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Thats okay with me, wont nerf it :)

The important recipes only work in alloy smelters, so im okay with you smelting 5000 irons ingots in 1 minute with a stick :D

Reactions: Qanthelas
Status
Not open for further replies.