Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
burn time for Chem carbon is 200 same as pellets and you still only get 8 per coal so it is still better to go with planks in the progressive machines since they burn for 300 until you upgrade to energy.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
burn time for Chem carbon is 200 same as pellets and you still only get 8 per coal so it is still better to go with planks in the progressive machines since they burn for 300 until you upgrade to energy.
Don't use coal to get carbon, that is why I said sugarcanes are your friend, you get 12 carbon per.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Don't use coal to get carbon, that is why I said sugarcanes are your friend, you get 12 carbon per.
but my point is still good. Planks require no extra resource where as breaking down sugar cane requires rf each one and planks give you 100 more burntime.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the HQM command for completing a certain quest?

I modified my Observatory template to create Hardcore worlds and because I'm hardcore I cannot complete the repeatable quest that requires you to die.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Anyone know the HQM command for completing a certain quest?

I modified my Observatory template to create Hardcore worlds and because I'm hardcore I cannot complete the repeatable quest that requires you to die.
you can go to edit mode and complete it i think?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i believe they mean decomposing?? as each one gives 16 Silicon dioxide.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 3 and basic auto Power Gen achieved. Thanks for the tip about the Quartz Blocks the base is made out of, does really nice for a boost converting into gravel ;)

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 3 and basic auto Power Gen achieved. Thanks for the tip about the Quartz Blocks the base is made out of, does really nice for a boost converting into gravel ;)
Just 2 points while skimming your video - bone meal reverses ender lily growth and the watering can has no effect at all. Second thing is - when you're on the crafting table and you open a recipe from NEI you can shift+left click on the question mark to make NEI arrange all the items automatically for you on the crafting grid. (That's for recipes that require a crafting table, for the rest 2x2 recipes you can use the same method without the table)

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Just 2 points while skimming your video - bone meal reverses ender lily growth and the watering can has no effect at all. Second thing is - when you're on the crafting table and you open a recipe from NEI you can shift+left click on the question mark to make NEI arrange all the items automatically for you on the crafting grid. (That's for recipes that require a crafting table, for the rest 2x2 recipes you can use the same method without the table)
Not exactly true about the watering can. The Lily is in fact gated based on a certain number of ticks, but the watering can can be used to ensure it grows in that cycle. You won't be able to use the can every cycle of ticks but it will work on some of them.

If you don't see the Lily grow after a few seconds come back to it later.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
As for the difference between "fuel" and "rocket fuel" it can be rather misleading. "Fuel" is used for galacticraft rockets and can be produced by placing wood in a crucible to get oil and refining that in a refinery to get fuel. You don't really need much fuel, ~10 buckets should be all you ever need in the modpack. As for "rocket fuel" that is made in an Ender IO vat from Hootch and it is used as a fuel for generators, "rocket fuel" being a colloquialism for a strong alcoholic drink being used as fuel.

Lol, I don't mean to be derogatory but man, you like to do things the hard way =P You can get the schematics in the set of quests at the very bottom of the index, something space junk, you don't need to go to dungeons, just give a diamond block and you will get 3 diff schematics, including the buggy. As for the how to build the rockets, look in NEI, when you open your inventory use the search bar down at the bottom to search for "tier 2 rocket" and click on the rocket to see the recipe.

If the search bar/items are not showing to the right in your inventory press "O"

It is because of a bad habit...I do the book in order, never moving forward until I finish a quest line or get stuck. I looked once at the quest line, and figured it was only useful if you messed up and lost stuff and never looked again.

Franzz

Jul 29, 2019
I currently have a bit of a problem with the Dr. Whooo-quest in the stargate chapter; whenever I try to dial the stargate address from the quest book, I get "No stargate at address ZFRRUDGJY" in the chat. As far as I understand it, I need this to work to be able to finish the "Thank you for playing GS" quest (and thus finish the quest book).

I started playing on GS 1.3.2 (from the FTB launcher) and updated to 1.4.8 a few days ago. I also have a second stargate on venus and have used it to travel between the moon and venus (although I have no idea if this might have anything to do with the problem). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've been playing since Alpha, there are some habits that are hard to break.....

Reactions: Playnot

VikingIwan

Jul 29, 2019
Is anybody else having a problem with the "Ive got a jar of dirt!" quest? It won't detect that I made the dirt in the barrel. I've tried completing it with the dirt composting in the barrel, with it fully composted but not removed from the barrel, and after i've removed the dirt from the barrel, and it won't work with any of them. I've tried hitting the manual detect button as well, to no avail. Can anyone offer any help?

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Is anybody else having a problem with the "Ive got a jar of dirt!" quest? It won't detect that I made the dirt in the barrel. I've tried completing it with the dirt composting in the barrel, with it fully composted but not removed from the barrel, and after i've removed the dirt from the barrel, and it won't work with any of them. I've tried hitting the manual detect button as well, to no avail. Can anyone offer any help?

You need 10 dirt in your inventory to complete the quest, it does not matter how you got said dirt.

SpamaelMC

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,
First of all, great modpack, exactly my taste :)
Second, one quick question: Is there a way to automate liquid extraction from minechem tubes? I'm still Tier 1, taking my time before going to mars and I'm trying to play a little bit with Gas Turbine Generators and Propane (C3H8). However, I can only feed the gas by hand (right-click the propane tubes on a tank of sorts), would love to have something more automated.
Thanks in advance,

SpamaelMC

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, didn't look at anything from ender io because ... you know, tier 1.
Seems to be working, thanks alot!

propane, interesting.
Yeah, I didn't see anyone doing it and it seems to provide more power per Carbon than syngas (granted, it needs some Hydrogen too)

Reactions: Qanthelas
Status
Not open for further replies.