Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
It was the first key I found that had no other command. And I switch it to a key so I can put a weight on it and not have to press the mouse.

My favorite way of accomplishing this is pressing F3+P in game to disable pausing on losing focus, then starting whatever action I want like sifting, then alt+tab out to my browser. Java(is an lwjgl bug actually) doesn't receive the keyUp event so even if I alt tab back to the game it just continues the action. then just right click again when I want it to stop. This way I can watch youtube and do other things while it is going on in the background.

Steadyeddy

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question about a reward in galactic science. I'm to the point where I can either get a new star or a reward bag. The only reason I ask is I don't know if it's worth it now that I have developed the first type of generators! Seems like going backwards or is it a good source of free power! If this is in the wrong place I apologize!

RickJ

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite way of accomplishing this is pressing F3+P in game to disable pausing on losing focus, then starting whatever action I want like sifting, then alt+tab out to my browser. Java(is an lwjgl bug actually) doesn't receive the keyUp event so even if I alt tab back to the game it just continues the action. then just right click again when I want it to stop. This way I can watch youtube and do other things while it is going on in the background.
brilliant wish i knew this method along time ago. must remember to do this

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if anyone has asked yet, but when did AE2 make the pack? I kinda wish I was recording when I found out digging through the recipies

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, no AE2. Is not in, and is not coming ;)

Maybe when they are done, we will upgrade to the modular systems rewrite in case they improved the storage solution significantly.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that some components of the quantum flux mod can not be crafted?

Advanced circuit and Ender crystal has no recipe:(

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I have finished the Minechem quests with the Fusion and Fission reactors, made the T3 rocket, and stockpiled a fair stash of basic resources (ie those that can be found by sieving gravel or moon turf.) Now I want to get in to T3 power production, which as I understand it is NuclearCraft. I have watched the spotlight/update videos from the mod author, but I am still lost on where to begin. I've also checked out the Wiki but it doesn't have a lot of info. As an added complication, it looks like a lot has changed, especially with the Fusion reactor, in the last month or two, so older guides might not help.

How do I get started with NuclearCraft? Is there a questline for it somewhere that I am missing because it is behind some quest I haven't completed yet? Is there a good write up somewhere?

As a side note, I'm thinking that a picture post or maybe a YouTube video on a set up for each Tier of this pack would be great (and I'm thinking of trying to do one once I get far enough to know what I'm doing :p ) Page 21 of this thread has been referred to a few times and I love the Water -> Decomposer -> Hydrogen -> Stirling Generators set up there. Page 39 has a pair of great posts about an autosieving set up using Jabba Barrels and a Special Chest for packaging up the ore bits. Those are the kinds of things I'm talking about, but I think we could also use one for Advanced Generators and for NuclearCraft since those are two main parts of this modpack.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
1. electrolyser -put in empty fluid cells. make that first. takes long time.
2. Build X fusion reachtor chambers and place them on top of each other. My X was 5 in my tests.
3. Heat up the fusion by feeding it power (youll waste lots of fuel if you dont)
4. put in tritium+deuterium
5. build more and more banks to store the insane amount of energy

or

1. build fission (watch videos)
2. make a mistake
3. restart with a new game :D

Reactions: Qanthelas

2ToTheCubithPower

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, a quick t1 question

I've just finished my 5 stirling power gen setup and my basic resources from cobble farm, and i want to seal my base so I can allow my cobble gen/crafter/decomp setup to chug away while I study without needing to wory about air. However, whenever I attempt to seal my base, the seal fails.

I have had some mild meteor damage, but I am pretty sure that I've fixed it all. I've also refrained from cannabalizing my base for Si. I'm currently playing base 2: Observatory. Is the seal failing to recognize the enlightened clear glass? Or mabye the carpenters blocks?

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, the changelog link in the OP is extremely out of date, and only includes patch notes up to 1.2.0.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, a quick t1 question

I've just finished my 5 stirling power gen setup and my basic resources from cobble farm, and i want to seal my base so I can allow my cobble gen/crafter/decomp setup to chug away while I study without needing to wory about air. However, whenever I attempt to seal my base, the seal fails.

I have had some mild meteor damage, but I am pretty sure that I've fixed it all. I've also refrained from cannabalizing my base for Si. I'm currently playing base 2: Observatory. Is the seal failing to recognize the enlightened clear glass? Or mabye the carpenters blocks?
Enlightened clear glass does seal. I know from testing that the observatory base does seal with two sealers as it is large enough that one will not work. The carpenter blocks should not cause any issue as long as they are considered opaque.

Reactions: 2ToTheCubithPower

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
How are you supposed to get nitrogen?
Some people do cocoa beans, I decided I was too lazy for that and made a mob grinder to get string and rotten flesh.Use potassium cyanide placed at the bottom of the grinder to kill them early on, changing out for 4 diamond spikes, 1 gold spike and 4 conveyors when resources permit. That way you will get rare drops and experience passively. Once you hit T2 you can grind sandstone in the SAG mill to get unlimited sand and potassium nitrate as long as you keep the dark steel balls stocked in the machine, just keep crafting the sand back to sandstone and pass it through again.

Reactions: Caithleen
Status
Not open for further replies.