Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Good. I'll have to give the mod a try. I like the idea of bees, but I could never get anywhere with them. I made a concerted effort in my Unleashed world and got to Imperial and then found myself wondering why I was bothering.

Mostly, I just want to get some woven backpacks.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just made something I think looks pretty good, so I thought I'd post it.

I got bored while hollowing a mountain and drifted into thaumcraft. I quickly noticed my infusion altar was clunky and annoying.
essentia was always overflowing into the 'excess' jars, the pedestals were always getting in the way, it was cramed, all the mob heads were distracting and the golem kept getting stuck on them.

so I made this:
pfeOQEb.png

more pics: imgur

The pedestals are sunken into the floor so i can walk over them.
The matrix and central pedestal is raised for effect.
There are 4 jars for each aspect arranged around the outside.
The topmost jars are void, so they should be 'furthest' from the golems, and be filled last (still have to test this).
The golems now run around in a pathway in the outside, their movement is restricted to that area, which should ease pathfinding.
There are 4 alchemical furnaces, for symmetry and speed.
And the mob heads are now sunken into the ground, below glass.

The building blocks are arcane stone, arcane stone bricks for the main structure, smokey quartz pillars for around the pedestals, and plain stone bricks on the outside, and underneath - which will probably get filled in or blocked off soon, there's nothing down there.

Now i just have to fill the mountain with other things, including a building for this beauty ;)

- using dw20 pack

EDIT:
after further testing with the golems, they're even less intelligent than I thought, I need to come up with a new system for them...

EDIT2:
Fixed the golem issues by rearranging the levels in their area: It helped, but they still derp :(.
KHtPeEh.png

I also had to modify the arcane furnace positioning to allow for the changes: imgur

It is great. I love the design. Also Where on earth in your base located it looks like some strange mystcraft world.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So after about a 6 month break from ftb I came back... Here are a few pictures of my up and coming base. If you would like to see any other pictures let me know.

Its another floating station, the size its 139 x 139 x 139
wGZDAez.jpg

PHQwNQl.jpg

The Bridge
RwlCkrl.jpg

Hd7VxlB.jpg

Power Room running 4 7x7x7 big reactors
DQmmxY4.jpg

Magic Crops/ Plant Room
9wxmqxq.jpg
A most spectacular return, I'm glad to see you back!

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
So after about a 6 month break from ftb I came back... Here are a few pictures of my up and coming base. If you would like to see any other pictures let me know.

Its another floating station, the size its 139 x 139 x 139
wGZDAez.jpg

PHQwNQl.jpg

The Bridge
RwlCkrl.jpg

Hd7VxlB.jpg

Power Room running 4 7x7x7 big reactors
DQmmxY4.jpg

Magic Crops/ Plant Room
9wxmqxq.jpg

This was so majestic I almost cried.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
It is great. I love the design. Also Where on earth in your base located it looks like some strange mystcraft world.

I was trying various methods of hollowing out a mountain, so i used the wand of equal trade to turn the outer shell into wood, that way hammers and excavators wouldn't mine it.

Never got it fully hollow though, moved on to 1.7.2 now. -I'm thinking of trying pneumaticraft robots this time.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I am proud to present you very rare thing, based on my decision to keep most of it for machinima.
First ever showcase of offensive/defensive E.R.A.M. force. Keep in mind its still early WIP.
There are few facts which are not clear from vid so i am going right on them.

• Obviously i was heavily inspired by Oblivion(2013).
  • Main idea was to create drone with pop-up weapons as small as possible with external hull.
  • Even that my main weapons are clearly aesthetic there is still space to put something else there. 2 blocks of space on each side directly controlled by redstone rods.
  • Drone can rotate thanks to pistronics advanced rotator however as i had not enough space you can only turn it 1 way around. Of course we are speaking about wireless control rotation as you can manually switch rotation directly anytime.
  • Slopes will get messed up if you rotate drone but it may be fixed in future versions of pistronics.
  • Drone can move in any direction thanks to Remain in Motion template carriage and computer controller. Which is hooked with CC turtle.
  • Internal logic is done by RedNet cables from MFR.
  • Searchlights are actually Greg's RS floodlights.
  • MFFS forcefield will be charged at drone station automatically.
  • Thrusters are only aesthetic.
  • Mood indicator is lamp without any practical purpose right now.
  • Front scanner is yet another laser. (aesthetic)
  • Teleporter is carriage translocator from RIM.
  • Drone will be controlled by CC program however dont expect any player-vs-drone fights. It will move and it will be able to get home.
  • I already made some changes to my drone after releasing this video.
  • This is middle-class drone. Not the biggest or smallest one.
  • Drone control station is already in production.
  • Video took me 4hours to record-edit-upload.
  • Great god look at it! <3
Whats the biggest success of this build you ask? Well try to include everything i just listed in something smaller and still aesthetically pleasing. Common guys 5x5x6!

Decrayer

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, very nice buildings you have here. A couple of month ago I finished my Magic World 2 Castle and I wanted to share some pictures with you. For a full tour (image slideshow with german comments) you can visit: http://www.gamersglobal.de/text-gal...iers-magicworld-2-modpack-user-screenshots-ga

So just a smal selection:
Overview
Minecraft_MagicWorld2_Modpack_Screen36.jpg

Below the man turret there is a Thaumcraft Altar Hall
Minecraft_MagicWorld2_Modpack_Screen09.jpg

A bit aside lies a witch-hut
Minecraft_MagicWorld2_Modpack_Screen15.jpg

My new world, a Monster-Modpack one, is still in progress. Currently I gather enough resources to build my main base. I already leveled a whole Island and created the outer shell of the building, but I'm still creating the whole resource fabrication, storage, sorting and energy part.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Nice base. Never can get my castles to look the way I like them. Might try again now that I have Carpenter's Blocks to work with.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
I am proud to present you very rare thing, based on my decision to keep most of it for machinima.
First ever showcase of offensive/defensive E.R.A.M. force. Keep in mind its still early WIP.
There are few facts which are not clear from vid so i am going right on them.

• Obviously i was heavily inspired by Oblivion(2013).
  • Main idea was to create drone with pop-up weapons as small as possible with external hull.
  • Even that my main weapons are clearly aesthetic there is still space to put something else there. 2 blocks of space on each side directly controlled by redstone rods.
  • Drone can rotate thanks to pistronics advanced rotator however as i had not enough space you can only turn it 1 way around. Of course we are speaking about wireless control rotation as you can manually switch rotation directly anytime.
  • Slopes will get messed up if you rotate drone but it may be fixed in future versions of pistronics.
  • Drone can move in any direction thanks to Remain in Motion template carriage and computer controller. Which is hooked with CC turtle.
  • Internal logic is done by RedNet cables from MFR.
  • Searchlights are actually Greg's RS floodlights.
  • MFFS forcefield will be charged at drone station automatically.
  • Thrusters are only aesthetic.
  • Mood indicator is lamp without any practical purpose right now.
  • Front scanner is yet another laser. (aesthetic)
  • Teleporter is carriage translocator from RIM.
  • Drone will be controlled by CC program however dont expect any player-vs-drone fights. It will move and it will be able to get home.
  • I already made some changes to my drone after releasing this video.
  • This is middle-class drone. Not the biggest or smallest one.
  • Drone control station is already in production.
  • Video took me 4hours to record-edit-upload.
  • Great god look at it! <3
Whats the biggest success of this build you ask? Well try to include everything i just listed in something smaller and still aesthetically pleasing. Common guys 5x5x6!

Cool build. Where do you find mods for functional weapons?

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like the infusion altar needs a higher ceiling. just my opinion but oh well. You can probably automate a lot of alchemy and distillation though

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Sooooo. Turns out Unstable wasn't a good pack to be messing with but I still wanted to mess with 1.7 mods. So, after some finding a new pack and shenanigans, I started a new save or two and finally got something presentable. :D
2014-07-03_004714_zps39b25aff.png

So I decided that my base would be in the Twilight Forest this time around, simply because it's my favorite dimension, and I wouldn't have to worry about day/night anymore. This is my plaza of sorts and enchanting/mystical flower-making station.

2014-07-03_004731_zps439b42bb.png

Another shot of the plaza.

2014-07-03_004746_zps0f56d592.png

Welcome to the Mystic Gardens (work in progress), my botanical and soon to be witchery set up, the pictures below show my mana generation.
2014-07-03_004802_zps362cedc2.png

This is my Hydranges fountain (that looks like a flower! ouo). There're eight all surrounding the 3x3 pool, with some adjecsent water sources for the ones further out, all made as infinite resourses, this was my first generator after some quick overworld stuff with some of those dayblooms.

2014-07-03_004818_zps417dc72d.png

Aaand here's my Thermalilly lava gen (Ha ha take that using lava for something other than RF power :y). It's currently inactive due to the pool being full and stuff. How I got the lava sources to show up was a combination of Buildcraft, Blood Magic and ExtraUtilities. Below (in a maintanence room) is a Serenade of the Nether ritual going on, then a pump, well, pumps it out and the lava goes though transfer pipes to a floodgate that outputs it. I also have a redstone mana spreader timed for every five seconds with a Project red timer, about enough time for a burst to get sent.

2014-07-03_005234_zps83c946d3.png

Moving on, this is the Blackstone (abyssal) Altar, my fully completed Blood Altar (gosh dang those withers were a pain) and I have some monster spawners I snagged under it and a Well of Suffering/Ritual of Regeneration there as well, allowing me to fill my essence network when I'm afk while on LAN. Behind it goes misc rituals, including the ritual of binding spot.

2014-07-03_005254_zps00c436c2.png

2014-07-03_005340_zps1ead132d.png

Finally, my house. Since this is the Twilight Forest after all, what better house is there than a treehouse? :p
Currently, it's still being worked on, and I've yet to fill it or make a basement for tech stuff and a Thuamcraft dungeon when I get around to doing that stuff. Also it's empty as a ghost town, I am planning on adding furniture for looks and stuff (which, can I get some suggestions as to what I should do?)

2014-07-03_005314_zpsf4bfeaea.png

My lobby, complete with a functional moving elevator* (*when I update dynamic transport, anyway) and also the displays of my whacky adventures so far in old, beat-up armor form.

2014-07-03_005448_zpsf3a9e41a.png

2014-07-03_005500_zps8a30c270.png

Veiw of Blackstone Altar, Mystical Gardens and the future site of the Library of Ages (the now fallen oak walk-through to my base)from Floor 2 (Observation deck/Lounge Room)

2014-07-03_005510_zps280ce7c4.png

Speaking of the Lounge Room, here it is in it's currently-barren state.

2014-07-03_005542_zpsd2aef670.png

Then there's the second floor, my personal room for shenanigans (crafting, storage, etc, etc.), Also empty as hell at the moment :U

2014-07-03_005610_zpsb6ecb6f9.png

Oh, hello small bibiloteca of ages nice to meet you. The linking books go back to the overworld for whatever reason I have to go there for, and the Nether, at a fortress, respectfully.

2014-07-03_005654_zpsdf0a3037.png
Speaking of the overworld, here was the little cave I was camping out in and made it look pretty while I was here, I've yet to move my smeltery over but it's a task to do when my new basement is made, and some chests and cocoa farm and etc stuff. also I go here mining sometime.

That's it for now and I promise I'm not giving up on this one this time!

Reactions: Padfoote