Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Hidendra

Jul 29, 2019
In the print string.format, what's the %d stuff about? I've tried to do things like that, and never gotten it to work the way I want, so I'm very curious.
string.format is the same kind of thing as printf (C, Java, etc) so it's a pretty common feature in a lot of langs.

%X is the format for a var, where X is the type. %d = integer, %f = float, %s = string, and so on. Those 3 are the biggest ones to know. The vars are passed in sequentially after the format. The lua docs reference this page for all formats, which most will work.

Things like %.2f mean 2 decimal places will always be printed e.g. string.format("%.2f", 1) = "1.00", string.format("%.2f", 1.23456) = "1.23", and so on.

There's lots of other formatting tricks you can use as well e.g. string.format("%10s", somestr) right justifies a string in a 10-wide block with spaces, so string.format("%10s", "hello") = " hello". (5 spaces before the hello; forum software squished it to 1..)

In short: it's just really good for strings with any kind of var in it. string.format("[%d %d %d]", x, y, z) is much easier to read than "[" .. x .. " " .. y .. " " .. z .. "]" :)

Scarecrow560

Jul 29, 2019
I've finished my house/mansion for the most part, now I have to move and begin my survival :p

If anyone wants the world download let me know.

2014-05-08_21.52.34.png
2014-05-08_21.52.47.png
2014-05-08_21.52.52.png
2014-05-08_21.52.56.png
2014-05-08_21.53.24.png

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
So after a bunch of resource collecting and a dive or two into the magical arts of the hippyish kind and the average kind, as well as maybe a meteor search or two, I finally got done with my base on the 1.7 pack.
2014-05-08_214621_zps5b99bf24.png

Aerial shot of the base, mostly made of Greatwood, chisel glass of the clear and colored variety, Hopseed and Livingwood. That Livingwood can be kind of a pain to get masses of, ain't it? Also lanterns and those silly nubby things from AE2 for lighting and the roof is made of skystone blocks/frames/whathaveyou. the door is mostly there for when I have some -magical- way to get up there, I sealed it off otherwise, it'll be where a lot of the power generation and storage, as well as my AE system to be set up.
2014-05-08_214642_zpse2c2fe1c.png

A shot showing the entrance, as well as an accidental shot of my sugarcane farm off to the side, I've yet to do anything fancy with that as of yet. I love Carpenter blocks stuff if you couldn't tell even if the whole "not a block" thing is a taboo topic, the doors and pressure plates are really cool in their own ways.
2014-05-08_215218_zps70befa53.png

A small shot from one of the balconies showing my not so grande Botania setup powered by night day and some coal, and an accidental shot of my Twilight Forest portal, I'm going to make a shrine around it or fancy it up somehow so it's not just a hole in the ground. Also I'm going to expand upon the Botania setup and maybe add a bit more life to it. Oh and a obsidian totem that I had to break to prevent all the bad things. All of them.
2014-05-08_214710_zps8ef9af36.png

2014-05-08_215148_zps9812fd26.png

2014-05-08_215135_zps39d5d3e5.png

2014-05-08_214842_zps1eacef90.png

Some interior shots of my house, nothing too fancy at all just a homely little place to live. Started some Thaumcraft but still mostly stuck at aspect researching and understanding everything in the book right now.
2014-05-08_214723_zps8bc262cf.png

My soon-to-be basement for when I need it for power or anything else from techy mods and just a general storage room.

Aaand that should about do it.

2014-05-08_215337_zps27b3594d.png

As of late a certain masked fellow has neglected his duty to those odd "Zones" and decided to take my armor and do my adventuring. An odd predicament indeed...
Most of what I need to do is just, add more life to the area and make it a little less flat but that's not the end of the world. Hope you guys like what I got so far! ouo

Scarecrow560

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like the world download, if it's not too much trouble.

Here it is: Click

Before you download make sure you have these mods at a minimum:
BoP
ATG
Carpenters Mod
Railcraft
Extra Utilities
MFR
Project Red
TE3

You will get a message saying "IDs are missing from *** mod"

Just click continue and you should be fine.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
This is my Direwolf 1.6.4 base, with the addition of JABBA, Engineer's Toolbox, Carpenter and Chisel.

Train Station, all rail lines except pure cargo lines, or the one headed to the Quarry.

My moving sidewalk, leading to the Train Station.

My tower of enchantment. And yes, I'm aware of what it looks like. It's one of those things that looks cool up close, and then you realize what you've done.

My Ars Magicka building. Ever so slightly too small, but it looks so insanely cool I just can't rebuild it.

Thaumcraft building

Railcraft construction place. Tank is filled from coke oven, Creosote is pumped into a carpenter, powered by a Engineer's Toolbox solar generator. From there, they run into BC Autocrafting tables, and then into a chest. Only requires manual rail input. Might automate that later with Tesseracts.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
This is my Direwolf 1.6.4 base, with the addition of JABBA, Engineer's Toolbox, Carpenter and Chisel.

Train Station, all rail lines except pure cargo lines, or the one headed to the Quarry.

My moving sidewalk, leading to the Train Station.

My tower of enchantment. And yes, I'm aware of what it looks like. It's one of those things that looks cool up close, and then you realize what you've done.

My Ars Magicka building. Ever so slightly too small, but it looks so insanely cool I just can't rebuild it.

Thaumcraft building

Railcraft construction place. Tank is filled from coke oven, Creosote is pumped into a carpenter, powered by a Engineer's Toolbox solar generator. From there, they run into BC Autocrafting tables, and then into a chest. Only requires manual rail input. Might automate that later with Tesseracts.
I do like your Ars room. Cherry wood is one of my favourite building materials. Perhaps you know this already but Chisel glass also works inside carpenter's blocks. It might make the roof to the Ars room even better.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Hah, completely forgot about being able to use chisel on the glass. I'll try that and post another picture for comparison.

As for Cherry wood, I started this world with BoP turned off, and went through four Mystcraft worlds before I found a Cherry blossom grove. I like the nice dark red texture on it. Too many of the reds tend to be too bright.

Edit: Now with Streak Glass in place of the vanilla glass.

Last edited:

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Again, not a base, but i have just started making Beast Block 3! It will use custom NPC's and some other stuff as well. I have made the first island and am working on configing a bunch of stuff, quick question though, are you allowed to publicly release edited configs or do you need the modder's permission for that as well? Here's the first island:
ApBckVD.png

Reactions: the_j485

Raefar

Jul 29, 2019
So after about a 6 month break from ftb I came back... Here are a few pictures of my up and coming base. If you would like to see any other pictures let me know.

Its another floating station, the size its 139 x 139 x 139
wGZDAez.jpg

PHQwNQl.jpg

The Bridge
RwlCkrl.jpg

Hd7VxlB.jpg

Power Room running 4 7x7x7 big reactors
DQmmxY4.jpg

Magic Crops/ Plant Room
9wxmqxq.jpg

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
So after about a 6 month break from ftb I came back... Here are a few pictures of my up and coming base. If you would like to see any other pictures let me know.

wGZDAez.jpg

PHQwNQl.jpg

The Bridge
RwlCkrl.jpg

Hd7VxlB.jpg

DQmmxY4.jpg

Magic Crops/ Plant Room
9wxmqxq.jpg

Alrighty then - that's officialy the best looking thing I have ever seen in Minecraft ever.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019

wGZDAez.jpg

PHQwNQl.jpg

The Bridge
RwlCkrl.jpg

Hd7VxlB.jpg

DQmmxY4.jpg

Magic Crops/ Plant Room
9wxmqxq.jpg
1. Is this survival?
2.You using monster?
3. is this some kind of skyblock thing you did, you know, since its kind of 100 blocks short of the world limit and it looks like your in a void world.

Raefar

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is this survival?
2.You using monster?
3. is this some kind of skyblock thing you did, you know, since its kind of 100 blocks short of the world limit and it looks like your in a void world.

1. Yes, this was made on survival
2. Yes, it's the monster pack on the ineffable server.
3. No, I build the base over the ocean, if you look at the first picture you can see ocean sand kinda at the bottom.[DOUBLEPOST=1400295182][/DOUBLEPOST]
Alrighty then - that's officialy the best looking thing I have ever seen in Minecraft ever.
Thank you, tho I still have a lot of work to do on it. Im thinking of building 4 more wings on it between the current one but instead of then curving inward making making them curve outward.

Last edited:

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019

wGZDAez.jpg

PHQwNQl.jpg

The Bridge
RwlCkrl.jpg

Hd7VxlB.jpg

DQmmxY4.jpg

Magic Crops/ Plant Room
9wxmqxq.jpg
I have to say this is one of the best things I have ever seen in Minecraft. If only I could build something that good in Agrarian Skies. :(