Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Sjonky

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my advanced base :)

2013-01-06_12.25.51.png

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
This thread makes me realize just how sad my base is.
Same here xD My base is basically a bed, some chests, farms and apiaries scattered on a plane xD I can't be bothered to make a real building to house it all. I do plan on building a Volcano island base though as I'm getting rather tired of skipping nights just to make sure mobs don't spawn near my base.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I have buildings, but they are just basalt brick with birch wood floors. My power set up is just peat and solar, on a very small scale. I still have so much to learn! You guys are all so very creative.

5argan

Jul 29, 2019
well for me I just look for a location and decide on a general plan (like building inside a mountain, underwater base, on top of a hill or sth like that) and then I just start with one room.
After that its just a matter of what I feel I need a room for and forcing myself to stick to a theme and not do a plain cube :p

Supremeone

Jul 29, 2019
so im planning on making a nice small old-time little house maby whit a village just something rural
but i feel like there something missing , any idea how to spice it up ?
the plan is to make some rural setting wile hidding a huge secret complex underground,
btw any ideas how to hide the entrance to the underground inside ?
2013.jpg
2013-01-05_23.33.01.png

Reactions: Lamborghini2670

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
You could have a farm for corn, wheat, etc., livestock, possibly a barn, a dock, and you can hide an entrance underneath the dock.

Vash281

Jul 29, 2019
Superemeone if you want to hide a secret base in a rural village themed area try a frame elevator set up or even a simple sticky piston door blocking a stairwell in the main building's basement
Edit: I also like the texture pack

Wolostani

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/1wsw4

I'm following the Direwolf20 series and going off that for most of the base design. I'll eventually make a house that isn't just a brick. I quite like the volcano and the amount of overhangs so I'll build around there. The Oil "Rig" is pretty nice too, probably won't be needing oil for a while if I decide to use it.

BeddingPlants

Jul 29, 2019
This is a fairly new world. Trying to live in a wasteland biome this time.

My bank of machines
qslwr.jpg

Source of pipe waterproofing
YwpbU.jpg

Basement EU generation. Just buckets to watermills with RP2
apIB8.jpg

Swamp north of my base. The vanilla animal spawns here are crazy. Crocs keep the population in hand though (mo' creatures)
mPwnk.jpg

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
the redpower component is simply pumping cobblestone out of the chest in the right corner (bottom picture) using a filter and into the crucibles. and yes, it would work for netherrack, but you cannot automate it that easily

If you don't wanna bother with the chest > transpoer setup you could always hook it up to a relay. The relay acts like a chest for machines that put items into adjacent inverntoires, it has a 9 slot buffer, and will auto-output items as the machines need them without needing a redstone signal or blutricity. Looking at your setup it would give you room for another stack of the magma crucibles if you wanted them.

For boilers, if you don't mind diping into gregtech, you could make a forestry rubber tree farm and centrifuge the rubber wood. This would give you 4 methane cells per 16 wood plus some plant balls that you can macerate into dirt. The methane cells can be put through a liquid transposer and fed into a liquid boler for about half the fuel value of biofuel. With this setup it would take something like 5 centrifuges per four boilers, due to it producing 4 methane cells every 250 seconds and it lasting a bit over 50 seconds per cell. The other added bonuses are coal cells which can be put through the electric crafting table for carbon fiber and sticky resin that can be centrifuged for rubber and even more plantballs and compressed plant balls.

As for my base, I still sadly have a lot of setting up to do. After I get all my temporary stuff set up I plan on finding a nice spot to drop either a 5x5 or 7x7 chunk quarry. What I want to do is make sure I have clear ground to bedrock so I can more easily setup my underground floors that will help with shard farming. What I'll do is on the roof of each floor have it covered with crystal clusters to help restore the aura and then have self made veins of smooth stone that will get infused by the excess aura. On ground level I'll have my farming stuff (with any addition stacks of stuff like farms hidden underground) as well as a village surrounding the area for villagers to spawn in. In the center of the area will be some arcane levitators to get to my floating castle in the sky, which I plan to be a geometric nightmare from below. I basically plan on the floors, starting from the bottom, to be different shapes starting from a triangle up to a dodecahedron, with it slightly getting wider with each shape starting from about 1 chunk in size to about 7 chunks. At the top of my floating fortress I plan on having a sky garden that will hold my thaumcraft nodes and silverwood tree farm, and off of the tips of my dodecahedron there will be waterfalls to ground level that will fall into little fountains so they do spread everywhere and make a mess.

The only problem I forsee having is making all the geometric shapes, more specifically the penta, hepta, nona, and hendecagons, especially since I want them to have more of a star shape rather than a circular shape, which makes it even more of a nightmare ><

Here we go, a list of what they'll look kinda like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_polygon