Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Use the logs from the tree farm to fuel one 36 HP solid boiler with wood to spare.
When fully heated: TE sawmill gets 4 logs every 22.7 seconds. Planks are sent into the boiler (will produce an ever so slightly overabundance of planks). Sawdust is compressed and then put into an TE furnace. RECell between sawmill and furnace (set to 1 MJ/t), filled by a TE steam engine, which is filled by the charcoal from the dust, with overflow going into storage.
The boiler has the full 144 MJ/t available for your power hungry needs.

Edit: After thinking again, 11 logs every 62.5 seconds should eliminate the plank overflow.

This is with one tree farm?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
One tree farm from steve's carts.
Track is layouted like an E, 16x14 (track size).

Standard hull, coal engine (using the logs as fuel), wood cutter, chests. I can provide screenshots, if needed.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
One tree farm from steve's carts.
Track is layouted like an E, 16x14 (track size).

Standard hull, coal engine (using the logs as fuel), wood cutter, chests. I can provide screenshots, if needed.
Sounds like a good alternative to the Forestry tree farm...could you post those screenshots? :D

wolvyn

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got the video uploaded. Never again will i record at full screen 60 fps. it took almost 18 hours to upload it.

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
2013-01-06_08.13.05.jpeg2013-01-06_08.12.36.png
New base, the only machine I have moved in is a boiler, turbine and an industrial grinder; I'll work on more soon.
Anyone who complains about too many xycraft ores is crazy, I'm having real trouble finding enough.

Attachments

• 2013-01-06_08.12.46.png
    2013-01-06_08.12.46.png
    831.8 KB · Views: 818

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
My project for the day finally completed, upgraded my solar panels to advanced (25 of them). This was a particularly obnoxious project!

2013-01-05_17.02.41.png2013-01-05_17.02.52.png

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The one pulling from the cargo manager? Don't remember. Can be set very slow (20 seconds or more), because the cart takes a while to finish a round with all those trees begging for attention.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'm going to try to get this set up as soon as I finish rebuilding my house for the fourth time...damn corrupted chunk.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Important part:
Stock up heavily on solid fuels, because during startup the fuel cost will be horrible. The boiler will take ~6 hours to get to 1000°C, where the numbers mentioned above are working. Fill several diamond chests with planks and feel the delicous horror, when you see the boiler eating them up as if there would be no tomorrow. (1 plank in less than 3 ticks). Drop some stacks of charcoal first into the chests, so that you have time to get some solid fuel in. If you start with the planks, they will be eaten faster than you can refill those chests.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
Does Coal Coke or Peat work in the boilers? I have a large surplus of peat and some coal coke lying around.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, I've never really done anything with pipe gates...what kind of gate is on the wooden pipe and how is it set up?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, I've never really done anything with pipe gates...what kind of gate is on the wooden pipe and how is it set up?
That's just an autarchic gate set to (IF no redstone THEN pulse energy). You could just use a redstone engine instead.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Since I build it in cheat mode, I used the gate for less moving parts :)
Also some other things I've read somewhere else:
Use isolated redstone wire to reduce graphical lag (less bugs with a lighting upgrade) and put any light emitting block below timers (e.g. jack'o'lanterns) for the same reason.

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
Well here's my quaint little WIP tower. All of this was done 100% legitimately and I have far too much time on my hands but for once I'm putting effort into aesthetics first then worrying about the rest.

2013-01-06_03.24.47.png

I never thought I would need to actively search for Xychorium but its become my main sticking point right now. I plan on replacing the middle column of basalt brick with either red or black stained glass on both sides and adding some red Xychorium bricks throughout the black in some sort of pattern. Also a staircase lower down once I flesh out the internal layout. I have no clue how to make a half decent looking roof/top piece though.

5argan

Jul 29, 2019
you dont need to search xychorite. you can generate it. craft xy-bricks (the one made via 4 ingots and 5 stone bricks) and craft them back into ingots. that will give you 4 ingots per block whereas 4 ingots make four blocks.
you will just have to farm stone bricks as you do not get them back.

and for the roof make some kind of overhanging pointy roof (check out jamziboy on youtube for example, he does this on his towers sometimes) and use basalt or sth since you can cut them down with a handsaw thus avoiding the problem of not having basalt or xy-stairblocks :p

Reactions: ZeSapper