Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Just a bit of helpful advice you may not yet know, left clicking with the Wand of Equal Trade appears to exchange just one block, so you can frame the sections you want to trade that way and keep from making a mess.

Gearwork

Jul 29, 2019
And a shot from the "back". Will do interior shots of some of the buildings afterwork.

exHRB.jpg

wolvyn

Jul 29, 2019
it was saltpeter. But we have two turtles strip mining at level 10 in a mooshroom cow mistworld, and a pair of quarries mining in a desert, we do have another couple quarrys build just not placed just yet and another dozen or so turtles that were not using yet. Still having issues getting ender pearls for world anchors, weve only got 6 so far and a pair of ender chests, weve done some upgrades this week, ill update this tomarrow whenever paypal will take my money and i can buy fraps.

Reactions: Seisen

ArcticDreamz

Jul 29, 2019
i would really like to build like you :(
i'll show off some off my work
PS: i'm not really efficient so i spent a lot of time doing nothing :D

Here you can see the surroundings : I dug down into the volcano for my base, in the distance , you can see my little and ugly bee breeding hut
GfcCO.jpg

This is my little entrance from the top of the volcano , there will be a frame elevator to get down
i6Og0.png

My little base with my sorting system and my small setup to the back , not really andvanced but i progress
rYPod.png

The machine room from below so you can ( a little ) better figure out the sorting system ; to the left , you can see the array to transform XyCraft and RedPower ores to blocks
B79ln.png

And finally my thaumcraft room
nLP03.png

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly im not in a position to access my screenshots, but i'll run-down the list of my nicest bases:
A sprawling mountaintop castle made of marble and basalt, each room open to the sky, in order to allow easy access through EE's flying ring. I quarried out a quarter of the mountain to make it so that the only access route was via flight, or a ridiculously hazardous footpath.

A Versailles inspired flying castle, built on a handmade island that sat above an ocean. Using RP microblocks, i decorated it with banners and floating shards of rock (as though it had been removed from the ground,) though i never got to the technological portions inside.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I spawned next to a TC3 dungeon, so decided to call it home, and have since built floors on top of it.
2013-01-03_17.03.38.png
Got a cactus farm, along with a patch of carrots and potatoes. And a long-forgotten coke-oven.
2013-01-03_17.03.46.png
And a self-sustaining SC2 tree farm (when saplings and charcoal don't get into the wrong places!).
2013-01-03_17.03.53.png
Then needed flax (for bags, and other things), and netherwart (for TC3 research):
2013-01-03_17.04.06.png
My meagre processing area (just a pulveriser and furnace going into a buffer for sorting):
2013-01-03_17.04.25.png
I tried to refine some oil, but only got about 130 buckets before it got clogged with water. I'll get around to sorting that at some point.
2013-01-03_17.04.39.png
The lower floor of my storgage area (non-organics, mainly):
2013-01-03_17.04.55.png
And the 1st floor:
2013-01-03_17.05.02.png
My workroom (TC3 is currently what I'm doing):
2013-01-03_17.05.17.png
Also, I finally got to the stage of TC3 where I get my Goggles of Revealing. And, yeah, now I remember why you shouldn't build in dungeons:
2013-01-03_17.03.16.png

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
I spawned next to a TC3 dungeon, so decided to call it home, and have since built floors on top of it.

While your base looks nice, I strongly suggest you not build near TC3 dungeons (or "barrows", as the mod calls them). They always contain dark nodes that constantly pump out flux, which can be a real bother when you start to get into TC3.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I finally got to the stage of TC3 where I get my Goggles of Revealing. And, yeah, now I remember why you shouldn't build in dungeons:
Hehe, yeah that scared the crap out of me, the first time I could actually see one of those in a Barrow. I was looking for the nearest node, walked up to a slight bump in the terrain (barrow was in a ditch so it hardly stuck out). I dug down two blocks and stared into a massive black hole.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
While your base looks nice, I strongly suggest you not build near TC3 dungeons (or "barrows", as the mod calls them). They always contain dark nodes that constantly pump out flux, which can be a real bother when you start to get into TC3.
Yeah, I knew that when I settled, but I'll deal with it. The only minor issue is that it'll occasionally pump out witches or giants. The giants I leave to die in the sun, the witches I can take fairly easily. Unless I don't keep on top of it, and leave the world running for a while. 4 witches ganging up on you is not fun >.<

Riley

Jul 29, 2019
My friends and I have been playing a private Beta A server since the mod pack was released and this is what I have built so far...

The Cathedral (still a work in progress)
M9KKf.png

Cathedral and Utility buildings
7gJwY.jpg

The Mansion
IxL68.png

Main IC2 power system
WwJRa.png

Buildcraft Power System

olPUb.png

The Warehouse
h7WVL.png

Assembly Room
sOxlv.png

The Workshop (where I spend most of my time)
9EIcW.png

Ore processing
Yqzkx.png

Food Production
mY5ZW.png

And finally Liquid Storage Area 1
7euZA.jpg

It is currently split between two sites (that are very close) but I'm working on merging them into one massive complex :D

Riley

Jul 29, 2019
It's taken quite a few weeks of casual playing to get it to the stage it's at now. The most time consuming part of it was waiting for the netherack to compress into nether brick. :D

Reactions: MagusUnion

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
Riley, that assembly room is obscene. How fast does it pump out chipsets? And have you thought about putting in more tables?

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Connected to the MJ grid are 20 Magma Crucibles that burn cobblestone supplied by a single igneous extruder through a simple redpower machine and tubes.

screenshot.187.jpg

The lava is stored inside a tank where it is then pumped to 20 Gregtech Thermal generators which provide a combined output of 480EU/t. Some excess lava is sent to a centrifuge to generate some small amounts of extra copper, tin, and electrum.

screenshot.186.jpg

Would you mind explaining the redpower component and would the system work for Netherrack. Thanks

5argan

Jul 29, 2019
the redpower component is simply pumping cobblestone out of the chest in the right corner (bottom picture) using a filter and into the crucibles. and yes, it would work for netherrack, but you cannot automate it that easily

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
the redpower component is simply pumping cobblestone out of the chest in the right corner (bottom picture) using a filter and into the crucibles. and yes, it would work for netherrack, but you cannot automate it that easily

Its very simple, a igneous extruder is connected to a small chest that keeps it filled with cobblestone. A redpower transposer is connected to that chest as well, and a timer sends a "tick" to it every 2 seconds (the same rate the extruder generates cobblestone), so if it can, it pumps cobble to the crucibles which are just connected through redpower tubes. If it can't send any, it just doesn't, there is no overflow to worry about.

From where do you get the 400 MJ/t for your crucibles? 3 dedicated 36 HP boilers?

Yes, if you look in some of the other pictures, you will see 3x 36HP boilers with 18 industrial steam engines each that produce a combined 432MJ/t. Currently, the boiler fuel system uses around 60MJ/t, so if everything were to be loaded to the max constantly the system would eventually run out of lava and the IC2 power output would drop slightly.

In the future I will add either a 4th boiler and will switch from the cactus farm to a stevescarts tree farm that provides saplings for biofuel instead.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Use the logs from the tree farm to fuel one 36 HP solid boiler with wood to spare.
When fully heated: TE sawmill gets 4 logs every 22.7 seconds. Planks are sent into the boiler (will produce an ever so slightly overabundance of planks). Sawdust is compressed and then put into an TE furnace. RECell between sawmill and furnace (set to 1 MJ/t), filled by a TE steam engine, which is filled by the charcoal from the dust, with overflow going into storage.
The boiler has the full 144 MJ/t available for your power hungry needs.

Edit: After thinking again, 11 logs every 62.5 seconds should eliminate the plank overflow.