Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Gearwork

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I had to increase the FOV and still didn't catch everything. I'm really liking Strombus's hideaway. Reminds me of Fallingwater. And I'm loving wolvyns SC powered farms. Though I've become fond of "Flippit" and "Fillit" as we call the straw and wood golems that harvest the two farms, the chicken eggs, and the marsh right under the mill.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome work, all. I'd love to live in any of these worlds. 5Argan, are those Xycraft blocks in the door frame corners?

My base is going to be a ginormous hollow tree, but it's early going and slow work, so it'll be a while before it's worth showing off.

5argan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, these are black structures iirc. the door frames themselves are black xychorium blocks and the ground in the hallways are black xy-bricks.
I have added an enchanting room and a storage room and I am currently setting up a sorting system so I will move all my stuff over soon. Expect an update within the next couple of days.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Gearwork, that is unbelievably good looking! I'd love a tour. How did you accumulate enough basalt, though?

Gearwork

Jul 29, 2019
Oh this is definitely a creative mode build. We got tired of living in square boxes as dictated by the efficiency/expediency of survival so we agreed to build the base and then strip it bare(including all the lighting) then switch to survival and move in.

Theoretically, redpower 2 basalt generatorS, hooked up to a blutricity motor 'powering' a rolling machine( just to give the thermopiles something to do and use up battery power) would give you enough basalt......eventually.

Basalt Generator tutorial
Snowball generator for the snow block used above

We discussed doing it this more "legit" way, by building everything out of more common materials like stone or wood, and then slowly replacing everything with a specific wand from Thaumcraft 3 as they became available. Fun won out. ;)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I am well know for eating whole volcanoes, and running tons of cobble through a macerator.
2012-10-13_163126_zps955c09b5.png

I also like microblocks.

Reactions: RuneImagiro

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
Found a nice looking island when I spawned, decided to settle on it. I like to establish workstations for each mod so the large white building is for IC2 and Gregtech, the biosphere in the sky is forestry, my thaumcraft/mystcraft laboratory is the marble tower perched in the greatwood trees. The giant ugly wood building is my oversized chicken coop with floors for all my animals. Not pictured is my nuclear reactor bunker, hidden behind the biosphere entrance, and my buildcraft room, which is underground. I can get more pics if anyone wants them.
aaSqc.jpg

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my current base in my SMP server. I just finished up my power plant so I figured I'd show it off a bit.

Mine is the building on the right with the cactus farm, the one on the left belongs to a friend.

screenshot.182.jpg

The cactus farm fuels 3 36HP boilers each driving 18 commercial steam engines for a total output of 432MJ/t.

screenshot.185.jpg

Connected to the MJ grid are 20 Magma Crucibles that burn cobblestone supplied by a single igneous extruder through a simple redpower machine and tubes.

screenshot.187.jpg

The lava is stored inside a tank where it is then pumped to 20 Gregtech Thermal generators which provide a combined output of 480EU/t. Some excess lava is sent to a centrifuge to generate some small amounts of extra copper, tin, and electrum.

screenshot.186.jpg

Upstairs in my building I have some Gregtech machines built along with a couple Railcraft blast furnaces. The downstairs is a mess as I moved one of the boilers out of there to put in the area where my new power plant was.

screenshot.189.jpg

Outside, I have a small room set up with 2 Fermenters and 5 stills producing biofuel which is stored in a 7x7x8 Railcraft tank.

screenshot.191.jpg

screenshot.190.jpg

And one more screenshot from the outside.

screenshot.188.jpg

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Very industrial diesel, I like it. Looks like something you might see in real life. How many quarries are you using to support that monster?

Darkblock- thats a cool build! Whats up with the floating trees though? You wouldn't happen to be building a tower of trees for that marble tower to sit in, would you?

Celestialphoenix- are you familiar with deadlock989? He builds structures in a similar scale/style. Here is an album of some of his stuff, http://www.flickr.com/photos/safetyminecraft/page11/ I used to play with him, and damn was he quick at building too.

::edit:: gearwork, almost forgot to respond to you! Regardless of playing OP or not, thats some very impressive coordination. If you have the time, I'd like to see interior shots!

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
Bucket with the tour, kinda random order..
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii634/Ansoul/FTB Tour/

First farm video

When you get to the power room, know there is a reactor under us Just far enough below that a blast wont even go up the channel with the power cable
I was looking at the thumbnail of the image titled "iridium" and the stacks of white dust/sugar/something looked like stacks of iridium and I was going to ask how many quarries that took.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, those are impressive. I'm working on mine a little at a time, here's what I have so far:

Marble 3 story home. First floor entry, second mystcraft/library, 3rd bedroom. Need more marble to finish side and back and will be moving the furnaces and factorization stuff to make room.

2013-01-03_22.19.03.png

Closeup of the entry, the only room I'm calling "done" :)
2013-01-03_22.19.31.png

View from my bedroom, yes 2 volcanoes & 2 natural silverwood trees
2013-01-03_22.22.12.png

And finally the basalt tower, will eventually be built MUCH higher and have balconies and some more decoration outside. Intentionally built into the corner of my house. I also plan to move the solar array. The column was going to be a rp windmill I haven't built yet, but I'll probably put that somewhere else also.
2013-01-03_22.23.07.png

Reactions: Zexks

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, those are impressive. I'm working on mine a little at a time, here's what I have so far:

Marble 3 story home. First floor entry, second mystcraft/library, 3rd bedroom. Need more marble to finish side and back and will be moving the furnaces and factorization stuff to make room.

And finally the basalt tower, will eventually be built MUCH higher and have balconies and some more decoration outside. Intentionally built into the corner of my house. I also plan to move the solar array. The column was going to be a rp windmill I haven't built yet, but I'll probably put that somewhere else also.
View attachment 989

Whoa, what are those sword stands?

CTMiner

Jul 29, 2019
These are amazing. Evil Hamster, what did you use for the floating swords with the Zelda symbol on them?

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Snowball generator for the snow block used above

You could just use a glacial precipitator. Powered by a single redstone engine it's more than fast enough. I have to stop the engine most of the time because I'm overloaded with snow. Feed it water from an aqueous accumulator.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Since I have Mo' Creatures installed, it was recommended to me to build a base in the sky and keep it lit. That way I don't have to worry about monster spawning.. especially ogres.

Well, I took the advice and started working on my sky base. It's very much a work in progress and I will end up using the wand of equal trade to put in the materials I want to use later. Right now it is built out of cobble and stone because I can make a lot of it cheaply and quickly. I've spent the last couple days working on it. For the record, circles in minecraft are a royal pain.

There will be one more level above at the top built out of white marble.

8 towers for each ring. They are all 7 x 7 towers, so they actually have usable space inside. Outside ring is 2 floors, inside is 4 floors. The outermost ring is a 61 x 61 circle, so quite a bit of space inside.

2013-01-03_23.51.04.png