Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Supremeone

Jul 29, 2019
Superemeone if you want to hide a secret base in a rural village themed area try a frame elevator set up or even a simple sticky piston door blocking a stairwell in the main building's basement
Edit: I also like the texture pack

its the sphax-pack , the pack dont have everything in it yet because some mods are not made yet but lots of things are
and if you run extra mods a quick search of the forums will find them

http://bdcraft.net/forum/128x64x-feed-beast-beta-pack-texture-pack-add

5argan

Jul 29, 2019
What I want to do is make sure I have clear ground to bedrock so I can more easily setup my underground floors that will help with shard farming. What I'll do is on the roof of each floor have it covered with crystal clusters to help restore the aura and then have self made veins of smooth stone that will get infused by the excess aura. On ground level I'll have my farming stuff (with any addition stacks of stuff like farms hidden underground) as well as a village surrounding the area for villagers to spawn in. In the center of the area will be some arcane levitators to get to my floating castle in the sky, which I plan to be a geometric nightmare from below. I basically plan on the floors, starting from the bottom, to be different shapes starting from a triangle up to a dodecahedron, with it slightly getting wider with each shape starting from about 1 chunk in size to about 7 chunks. At the top of my floating fortress I plan on having a sky garden that will hold my thaumcraft nodes and silverwood tree farm, and off of the tips of my dodecahedron there will be waterfalls to ground level that will fall into little fountains so they do spread everywhere and make a mess.

What do crystal clusters do? And do I have to research them first?

also, @ZeSapper: LOL

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
They're researched from the ancient tablet things, you put nine in a grid and it gives you notes, then you research it in your table. If it breaks I believe it means there are no more recipes you can learn with them.

The crystal clusters apparently restore the aura at a rate of 1 per 5 minutes per cluster, according to what people have said. It can also overfill the aura by up to 10%. So with an aura node of 1000, you could, given enough time, increase it to 1,100, and because it has 100 extra aura it can then turn normal smooth stone into an infused stone which can then be gathered for crystals.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
So I posted earlier about my 9x9 addiction. I decided that the only way to break that addiction would be to hop into Creative and build without the usual Survival constraints. I came up with something that actually turned out looking pretty awesome.

http://imgur.com/a/Swn9E

It's very much a WIP and doesn't have much in it except for a Thaumcraft area, storage, and a basic sorting system, but I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I'll definitely be duplicating it in my Survival world once I've got enough nether brick for the roof.

Also, I absolutely love inverted lamps.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
The Nether:
Here's the first lake i emptied:
2013-01-02_23.10.20.png

Second:
2013-01-02_23.09.47.png

and here's a third one I started on. For some reason only a wall is left standing -.- No wonder I wasn't getting any lava at home.
2013-01-02_23.11.13.png

Overworld:
My main room:
2013-01-02_23.04.38.png

2013-01-02_23.04.49.png

2013-01-02_23.05.01.png

Mystcraft room (I name my ages starting with age number for technical reasons, and yes, I did get my first crystals age at 16):
2013-01-02_23.05.10.png

Power for my Assembly Table (12 lasers) and a magma crucible. I have some complex red wiring going on to only activate how many engines are needed (5 for crucible and all 12 for the table-which go to an energy cell):
2013-01-02_23.05.23.png

IC2 room:
2013-01-02_23.05.32.png

2013-01-02_23.05.41.png

2013-01-02_23.05.46.png

Scrap producer:
2013-01-02_23.26.15.png

2013-01-02_23.26.18.png

Nuke room (Current nuke uses a setup with plutonium cells that generates 400 eu/t):
2013-01-02_23.05.55.png

Behind all that cool stuff in the nuke room is a layer of reinforced stone:
2013-01-02_23.06.57.png

Non-automated farm, mostly for looks:
2013-01-02_23.07.25.png

Quarry simple sort system:
2013-01-02_23.25.40.png

2013-01-02_23.07.56.png

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I forsee having is making all the geometric shapes, more specifically the penta, hepta, nona, and hendecagons, especially since I want them to have more of a star shape rather than a circular shape, which makes it even more of a nightmare ><

Here we go, a list of what they'll look kinda like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_polygon

Recently saw a nice base design based on an 8/3 Star Polygon using east to build 45 and 90 degree angles.

220px-Star_polygon_8-3.svg.png

Also easy design to build into a 3x3 chunk with word anchor, which I will do with my new base.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I don't normal show off my builds unless I need help with some system or the such. But I figured I might as well share. A few things first. while I've been playing MC for years I only recently got into anything Modded. That we can blame on Etho's lab. So I'm running the Mindcrack pack on its default hard mode. Also I've only been playing with mod pack about a week and this map only a few days. After days branch mining by hand and a little by using a filler I took my loot and went to find a real base instead of a large whole in the bottom of the world.

So all that aside lets follow this Shoop on this weeks episode of MC Cribs. Yo Yo Yo (and the such)

Welcome to my humble home the dock here gets a really nice view of the sun rise something that was unplanned but I am more then happy with.

2013-01-07_22.52.46 by Saice, on Flickr

But lets first get a good view of the outside. As you can see I have taken over two volcanoes. I built originally on the smaller of the two cutting its top off but found the magma tube was dead plugged with obsidian and did not lead to any large magma chamber as I had hoped.

2013-01-07_22.51.40 by Saice, on Flickr

But fear not it is the minecraft way when the map hands you dirt you just go deeper. As you can see I have a tunnel linking the small volcano to the larger one. I plan to branch off the tunnel at some point for farms most likely fully underwater farms.

2013-01-07_22.52.19 by Saice, on Flickr

So back at the dock heres the entrance as you can see I left some of the basalt uncut and just build instead the dead volcano's caldera. My base is almost entrily made of basalt and stone it can be a bit bland but I plan on spicing it up later.

2013-01-07_22.53.00 by Saice, on Flickr

As you can see here this is my entrance and portal room. To the left is the Neither and to the right will one day be a Twilight Forest portal. That is once I get a silk touch shovel because as you might suspect theres no grass for miles.

2013-01-07_22.53.15 by Saice, on Flickr

And down we go. Right now I have ladders but once I get my thaum lab up and running I plan on replacing them with elevators. Also the torches are just a temporary lighting I plan to replace them and have been slowly doing that throughout the base.

2013-01-07_22.53.21 by Saice, on Flickr

The inside of the tunnel nice view of the bigger volcano.

2013-01-07_22.53.46 by Saice, on Flickr

Down the tunnel and turn left BAM main room. That button on the right is to toggle my chunk loader when needed.

2013-01-07_22.53.55 by Saice, on Flickr

Step in and to the left BAM bedroom door but never mind that now.

2013-01-07_22.54.41 by Saice, on Flickr

This is my main working space. Across the way you can see my handful of machines powered by a few magma engines. Left is enchanting and storage lets head over there.

2013-01-07_22.54.08 by Saice, on Flickr

This is a very temporary storage. I plan on moving it and building a automatic sorter for the whole thing. I just do not have all the mats for that right yet.

2013-01-07_22.54.23 by Saice, on Flickr

As for sorting it is going to need power so here is the top of my Thermopile it will one day power the sorters and managers of my storage network. Speaking of that lets go check out downstairs.

2013-01-07_22.54.18 by Saice, on Flickr

But hey on the way there check it out. BAM the Shoop chamber of ... ok I get no action what can I say the Shoop is a lonely Shoop in a world all by themselves and I'm talking to myself.... Oh but never mind that to the Thermopile!

2013-01-07_22.54.46 by Saice, on Flickr

As you can see here to the right is my Lava storage for my engines upstairs. And over to the left is my Thermopile. The rest of floor two is empty. I plan on possibly moving storage down here and also later some machines. But for now it is just mostly space.

2013-01-07_22.55.12 by Saice, on Flickr

Well thats it. Hope you liked it.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Are those relays or ejectors in the third pic?
They are just relays to handle the transition to tubes.
I've made a small change since the pics. The chest near the boiler is now gone (tube goes directly in). The tube is now also connected via another restriction tube to the charcoal chest.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
As you can see here this is my entrance and portal room. To the left is the Neither and to the right will one day be a Twilight Forest portal. That is once I get a silk touch shovel because as you might suspect theres no grass for miles.
Best option's probably making grass from UU matter

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
So I posted earlier about my 9x9 addiction. I decided that the only way to break that addiction would be to hop into Creative and build without the usual Survival constraints. I came up with something that actually turned out looking pretty awesome.

http://imgur.com/a/Swn9E

It's very much a WIP and doesn't have much in it except for a Thaumcraft area, storage, and a basic sorting system, but I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I'll definitely be duplicating it in my Survival world once I've got enough nether brick for the roof.

Also, I absolutely love inverted lamps.
That's an awesome house, pretty impressive upgrade from a 9x9. Btw, if you don't like the dripping lava from thaumcraft, I believe there is an option to disable dripping liquid particles in video settings. But that may be Optifine.

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
My friends and I have been playing a private Beta A server since the mod pack was released and this is what I have built so far...
.....LOTS OF PICTURES>>>>>
It is currently split between two sites (that are very close) but I'm working on merging them into one massive complex :D

Oh My dude, that is pretty amazin. Probably a dumb question, but is that built in survival or creative ?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Update... OH MY GOD WAT???

This is right above my Twilight portal spawn

2013-01-08_19.07.15 by Saice, on Flickr

But no worry we Shoops are hardy critters.

2013-01-08_19.10.27 by Saice, on Flickr

on a side note. Like the neither portals it seems Twilight portals you can lop off their corners. And also the once the portal is made it seems it does not need flowers anymore.

2013-01-08_19.02.07 by Saice, on Flickr

Full disclouser after I did this I went into creative to see if there was some way to replace the portal edges. Pistons, Wand of trade, and really fast click swapping all failed. But i did find out. while once created the portal only cares that 8 dirt is touching it sides it seems you do need the full ring to get it started.

2013-01-08_19.19.39 by Saice, on Flickr