Introducing JamPacked

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Someone Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read Slow's post was that there can be any number of people working on the modpack, but there will only be either 1 or 3 top prizes awarded depending on which division you enter into. So you could have 5 people working on the pack and if everyone's cool with it, then 1 person would get the prize. Or 1 person felt like entering into the team division (not sure why you would do that) then they would get 3 prizes. That's at least how I understand it.
Correct. However, the prizes are different for each division.
But five people could be working on the individual one and one could be working on the group.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
So basically someone like me who's working by themselves have no chance? Don't forget, getting one's modpack in the luancher itself is a reward.

JACreations

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on a modpack. It seems the individual event is based on the honer system. Would beta testers be considered a team if they never work on the pack?
so to answer your question, no probably not.[DOUBLEPOST=1405318917][/DOUBLEPOST]
So basically someone like me who's working by themselves have no chance? Don't forget, getting one's modpack in the luancher itself is a reward.
But generally, people with sense are going to enter the correct category like my team, for example

Peanut

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome contest i have a pack in beta testing but im from Canada Is there a way you could make for Canada too? Sorry if Canada is eligible as the US Because sometimes they do that

Peanut

Jul 29, 2019
Also do the Packs have to be in 1.6.4 because my pack is in 1.5.2
Sorry if I am being a derp

MrNoe93

Jul 29, 2019
From what slowpoke was saying, if its not on the list of countries supported they can't do anything. So i doubt it will work there. You can still compete, you just cant win the prizes.

zwar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh thanks can you anser my fist question it will make my day:):):)
Awesome contest i have a pack in beta testing but im from Canada Is there a way you could make for Canada too? Sorry if Canada is eligible as the US Because sometimes they do that

If you are from canada you can still compete, but the group that is donating the prizes will only send the prize to the countries listed in the OP. If a person for a country that doesn't qualify wins, the prize will be given to the next best person( or something like that).

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm one person and I got on the launcher just fine. In general, making a modpack isn't too difficult. Making good HQM quests is another story...and if you decide to go all the way and start Minetweaking recipes....oi. You can get it done, but I would be damn surprised if any packs actually made in the one moth time frame come close to being fully finalized. I might make 75% complete after 2 months, but maybe not.

I understand the 1 month limitation, but if you are expecting to make the next AgSkies in one month...you might want to set your sights a bit lower.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm one person and I got on the launcher just fine. In general, making a modpack isn't too difficult. Making good HQM quests is another story...and if you decide to go all the way and start Minetweaking recipes....oi. You can get it done, but I would be damn surprised if any packs actually made in the one moth time frame come close to being fully finalized. I might make 75% complete after 2 months, but maybe not.

I understand the 1 month limitation, but if you are expecting to make the next AgSkies in one month...you might want to set your sights a bit lower.

Well Ag Skies took 3 months from planning to full release and another 2 months for complete release.

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
Well Ag Skies took 3 months from planning to full release and another 2 months for complete release.
He's just saying, the way agrarian skies is so developed, 1 month to plan and make is to little, the packs are going to be mediocre

From the wolf master!! *insert wolf sound here

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yup. I expect a lot of great ideas from this competition...and some great mod packs that will need a further month or three or four to be finished enough to be fully playable. I am not excluding my pack from that list, btw. I am at the point where I can see the end of my quest line...but I'm still not exactly sure how to get there gracefully.

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. I expect a lot of great ideas from this competition...and some great mod packs that will need a further month or three or four to be finished enough to be fully playable. I am not excluding my pack from that list, btw. I am at the point where I can see the end of my quest line...but I'm still not exactly sure how to get there gracefully.
Beta tester available right here if u want

From the wolf master!! *insert wolf sound here

Pavilion5097

Jul 29, 2019

Honestly i would be suprised if any pack/map could be called complete after just a month. Im going to make alot of changes once i actually have a break and not trying to get somewhat of a playable enjoyable map for this. What has slowed me down a bit is ive been trying to learn minetweaker as i go along so when something breaks i have to take time to figure out why and learn why it happened so it doesnt happen again.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Dang! I didn't expect it to be so difficult to get the mod authors permission to make modpacks. Most of the mods I'm using allow anyone to use their mods, but a couple integral ones don't and one of them is stubbornly refusing to allow it. A couple other mod others seem impossible to contact to even request permission. It's brought all work on my pack/map to a halt. I'm going to have to rethink the whole thing and probably won't have time to get anything good together. /end frustration venting.