Introducing JamPacked

MrNoe93

Jul 29, 2019
Profit is profit, no matter how you earn it.

See i dont see that as "profit." When i think profit i think of someone making a revenue off of it, with adfly links or something of that nature. I could be wrong, if any of the mod devs could answer this question that would be appreciated.

Israel Rodriguez

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. Is there a way to create a standard world setup like crowley skyblock does for every new world being a void? I want to have every world be setup a certain way. Like when you create a world with certain biomes with mystcraft.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Lol im pretty certain it doesn't count as profit, if it does thats just stupid

prof·it
ˈpräfit/
noun
  1. 1.
    a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.
    "pretax profits"
    synonyms:financial) gain, return(s), yield, proceeds, earnings, winnings, surplus,excess; More

win·ning
ˈwiniNG/
noun
plural noun: winnings
  1. 1.
    money or goods won, usually from gambling.
    "he went to collect his winnings"
    synonyms:prize money, gains, prize, booty, spoils, loot; More

Last edited:

psp

Jul 29, 2019
prof·it
ˈpräfit/
noun
  1. 1.
    a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.
    "pretax profits"
    synonyms:financial) gain, return(s), yield, proceeds, earnings, winnings, surplus,excess; More

win·ning
ˈwiniNG/
noun
  1. 1.
ok......
So any staff member care to answer this?
@slowpoke @Jadedcat @Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I would technically not consider it a profit, as I don't tend to consider patreon a profit.

I consider it breaking of the terms if:

1)You place the modpack behind any sort of adfly or mediafire style link.
2) an explicit paywall that prevents getting the pack for free.
3) charging for the mods content on a free to play server. (note, I specifically excluded pay to play servers for other reasons that don't belong here.)

Some authors agree with me here, some don't. If you have a doubt, contact the author and see what they feel. I don't speak for them.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
ok......
So any staff member care to answer this?
@slowpoke @Jadedcat @Eyamaz

That is silly. I checked. Mod devs mean you can't sell the resulting pack, there's nothing against you getting a prize or even someone paying someone to make a pack. You just can't put the pack up behind a paywall/adfly[DOUBLEPOST=1404417109][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jaded, can we use whatever mod you have that spawns the world in a void, if so which one is it, ie jaded spawn ect...

Its Ex Nihilo. Its a config setting.

Reactions: MrNoe93 and psp

psp

Jul 29, 2019
I would technically not consider it a profit, as I don't tend to consider patreon a profit.

I consider it breaking of the terms if:

1)You place the modpack behind any sort of adfly or mediafire style link.
2) an explicit paywall that prevents getting the pack for free.
3) charging for the mods content on a free to play server. (note, I specifically excluded pay to play servers for other reasons that don't belong here.)

Some authors agree with me here, some don't. If you have a doubt, contact the author and see what they feel. I don't speak for them.
That is silly. I checked. Mod devs mean you can't sell the resulting pack, there's nothing against you getting a prize or even someone paying someone to make a pack. You just can't put the pack up behind a paywall/adfly[DOUBLEPOST=1404417109][/DOUBLEPOST]

Its Ex Nihilo. Its a config setting.
Thank you, was freaking out for a second

Reactions: MrNoe93

Minalien

Jul 29, 2019
prof·it
ˈpräfit/
noun
  1. 1.
    "pretax profits"

win·ning
ˈwiniNG/
noun
  1. 1.
Stop trying to cause drama. Nobody's going to raise a problem with prizes being offered in the same way that nobody raises a problem when people hold ladder tournaments in other video games. If you have a mod you don't want to be used for this? Fine, then state that, say don't let people use it, and get on with your life. Don't put words into the rest of our mouths just because you want to be a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

bspkrs

Jul 29, 2019
As mod developer with a bunch of mods out, I am happy to give blanket permission for any of my mods to be used in packs for this competition. Makes no difference to me... I can't speak for anyone else, but I doubt many WOULD have a problem with it, even if the prize is cash.

That being said, if you're not sure you should specifically ask the mod author instead of creating needless drama here.

Minalien

Jul 29, 2019
As mod developer with a bunch of mods out, I am happy to give blanket permission for any of my mods to be used in packs for this competition. Makes no difference to me... I can't speak for anyone else, but I doubt many WOULD have a problem with it, even if the prize is cash.
This, exactly. As all of my mods are under GPL (except DartPatch, but you've got my permission to use that one too!) everybody has permission to use every one of my mods they'd like for this.

If you aren't a developer of a specific mod that you don't want to be used for this purpose, then shut up and do not presume to speak for the rest of us. If you aren't a mod developer at all, then why are you chiming in about that at all?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Feel free to use Jadedspawn, Qazplm601. It's... kind of awful (and I do plan to clean it up at some point), but I made it and you have my full permission to use that one (I can't speak to SpecialMobs, however).
Can I use Jaded's Blood in my pack?

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kill-Joy

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone please help and tell me what this means and how to fix it?? This is where my launch went wrong...

Exiting with -1
Failed to extract native library:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Austi_000\Downloads\MultiMC\instances\My First Instance\natives\OpenAL32.dll (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.multimc.Utils.unzip(Utils.java:234)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:116)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:165)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54)
Minecraft exited with exitcode -1.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Stop trying to cause drama. Nobody's going to raise a problem with prizes being offered in the same way that nobody raises a problem when people hold ladder tournaments in other video games. If you have a mod you don't want to be used for this? Fine, then state that, say don't let people use it, and get on with your life. Don't put words into the rest of our mouths just because you want to be a jerk.

I am not trying to cause drama, I just want to make sure people don't get sued, AND I'm trying to stop the drama before it kickstarts. What do you think would happen if someone used a mod, and the mod author didn't like it, and demanded it be removed, and demanded the reward? I can give you the answer, A LOT of drama. Not all mod authors keep up with feed the beast, and some don't want their mods used for ANY profit. And there is no reason to call people names, I was just trying to help, and bring up a potential issue before it became a big deal. You cannot say that "Nobody's going to raise a problem with prizes being offered", because you are not everyone else. Now, Don't put words into anyone else's mouths just because you feel like lashing out at someone. Personally, I would be fine with people using any mod I created in this contest, but I am not everyone else, and I cannot speak for everyone else, nor am I going to say that I can. What I will say, though, is that licences are important, and must be followed, unless you get permission from the copyright holder.

I still think @Eyamaz has the best solution to this problem, not everyone thinks or means the same thing, so if there is a clause that states you cannot profit/make money, ASK before you use it.

Next time you lash out at someone, think about what the consequences would be if that person did not speak up, or the issue the person is trying to present was never brought up, and the WORST happened.

Last edited: