Introducing JamPacked

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
>.>

Unless the mod license specifically allows redistribution of modified code, you can not do this.

I'll note now, anyone knowingly violating a mods license will be disqualified.
its a block id conflict, that requires a code change right?? If not i feel like even more a newb

Its between mutagen from gendestry, and the better barrel block from jabba over id 3500

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
Block ids and item ids are in the mods config files.
thx, luckly i didnt change any of the code, is id change against the rules and if i change it for the barrel do you think that will affect anything besides just the number, like will i have to change anything to fix for the id change

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
You can change configs all you like. Most of what you will need to do, you will need to figure out on your own or with the help of the community. From a competition standpoint, I will not coach or help anyone.

If someone has a "is this allowed" type question, I will be more than happy to answer.

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
No. It has never been publicly released, and the only pack with permission to distribute it is Ag Skies.
ok jaded, thx, im so new to downloading mods and everything so i get a little confused, thats one of the reasons I love ftb so much is everyone makes it for you so its worry free, i wont use it and I kinda wish you could compete, you should make an unofficial entry and make it a new pack[DOUBLEPOST=1404356803][/DOUBLEPOST]can i make a fourm so to have beta testers help test the pack and find anything i do wrong???

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
You can change configs all you like. Most of what you will need to do, you will need to figure out on your own or with the help of the community. From a competition standpoint, I will not coach or help anyone.

If someone has a "is this allowed" type question, I will be more than happy to answer.
can i use the BNB version of specialmobs/AI?

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question; ive never used hqm but can you just have certain quests like "if you kill (insert mob id)" as a quest and you get the loot or reward when you kill it?

Poiuy2010_2011

Jul 29, 2019
I'm from Poland - not listed country. So, can I join the competition but receive reward as virtual goods, ie. giftcode? Or just not receive reward - glory is enough for me ;)

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Getting mods to use for this contest is very difficult... most mod authors have a clause that states that you cannot profit off their work. So most mods you cannot use in a contest.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
With the mod authors I have contacted thus far, I've been very clear about the design goal of the pack/map and linked to the OP here for reference. Where additional clarification is requested, I provided it. Thus far I have had no issues. I'm not looking to quit my day job and become a professional contest-entrant. Just wanting to participate without stepping on toes.

If it is a problem for a particular mod author, I respect their wishes and move on to another mod/strategy.

MrNoe93

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like GameBuster brings up a good point, does the not profiting clause on most mods pages apply to this competition? I feel like that was intended to prevent selling of the mod or adfly links or the like, but does the potential of winning a competition with it fall under this area too?

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
I feel like GameBuster brings up a good point, does the not profiting clause on most mods pages apply to this competition? I feel like that was intended to prevent selling of the mod or adfly links or the like, but does the potential of winning a competition with it fall under this area too?

Profit is profit, no matter how you earn it.