Introducing JamPacked

applesauce10189

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like 72 different kinds of awesome. Can't wait to see how many times I get confused by awesome mods. I don't really know much about mods. I only know a little bit about the older mods like Buildcraft :p

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So, a week ish left and still no word on where to submit packs or the forum space promised? I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm really not.

Reactions: Not_Steve

JACreations

Jul 29, 2019
So, a week ish left and still no word on where to submit packs or the forum space promised? I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm really not.
You've got a point, plus a month to make a pack quests included really isn't long enough saying that Agrarian Skies took like 6.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
quote-do-your-duty-and-leave-the-rest-to-the-gods-pierre-corneille-314548.jpg

P.S: Not being snarky towards anyone. It's a wonderful quote for this occasion, that's all. :)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

thekidmc

Jul 29, 2019
im god at making maps adventure and parkour[DOUBLEPOST=1405932098][/DOUBLEPOST]there is 300 mods in 1.7.2

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Slow hasn't given any of the staff that info as of Saturday. There was a meeting yesterday so someone may have it now.
Yeesh. There are things I'd like to say at this point, but I'm conflicted. FTB is an amazing thing, but, well, there is this. A clear history of lack of prompt follow through, I guess is the best way to put it.

Not trying to trash talk, or anything. Just a respectful observation that this really needs to be handled better. If you promise something, it needs to be delivered in a timely manner. Especially now that FTB is transitioning from a hobby and volunteer type thing to something a lot more professional.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yeesh. There are things I'd like to say at this point, but I'm conflicted. FTB is an amazing thing, but, well, there is this. A clear history of lack of prompt follow through, I guess is the best way to put it.

Not trying to trash talk, or anything. Just a respectful observation that this really needs to be handled better. If you promise something, it needs to be delivered in a timely manner. Especially now that FTB is transitioning from a hobby and volunteer type thing to something a lot more professional.

I am sorry, but until Slow gives us the info we don't know anymore than y'all. I promise we're not hiding it from you.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Why are people so concerned about submitting packs early? It's not like they are going to get extra credit or anything. By my reckoning there are 10 days left in the competition. I would say if the submission instructions appeared on the 28th that would be perfectly reasonable.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Why are people so concerned about submitting packs early? It's not like they are going to get extra credit or anything. By my reckoning there are 10 days left in the competition. I would say if the submission instructions appeared on the 28th that would be perfectly reasonable.
Actually, no it wouldn't.
I am sorry, but until Slow gives us the info we don't know anymore than y'all. I promise we're not hiding it from you.
Hey, no, no. Not coming down hard on anyone. Please don't take that from my post. That was more of a general note then personally directed at anyone.

Edit: more of a I think this wasn't handled as well as it should have been and less of you guys suck. Criticism not complaining.

Last edited:

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, no it wouldn't.

Hey, no, no. Not coming down hard on anyone. Please don't take that from my post. That was more of a general note then personally directed at anyone.

Edit: more of a I think this wasn't handled as well as it should have been and less of you guys suck. Criticism not complaining.
The page to make modpacks was made a while ago but I'm waiting to speak to slowpoke about a couple of details before I release it. That said I don't see what the issue is, there will be plenty of time to upload your entries and if I was making an entry I would want to use the extra time to continue to test and improve my pack but thats just me.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The page to make modpacks was made a while ago but I'm waiting to speak to slowpoke about a couple of details before I release it. That said I don't see what the issue is, there will be plenty of time to upload your entries and if I was making an entry I would want to use the extra time to continue to test and improve my pack but thats just me.

Yes. That said, I find it curious that with all the obvious care and attention that went into this thing that the infrastructure wasn't in place from the get go. And then there is the lack of the forum section that Slow mentioned. Again, it is a bit strange that all the needed infrastructure for the contest wasn't in place before the announcement was made.

Also, people have real lives. A week to both figure out how to submit the pack and then to actually get it submitted leaves a chance people will either miss the announcement or be busy and not be able to make it. This is especially true with it being summer and people going on vacation. A week or so to actually submit the pack when all the facts are known, I will indeed agree would be enough.

I really hope you guys don't see this as a personal attack. I do really like FTB. This is criticism, not a complaint.

HeroGabe

Jul 29, 2019
"Where mod authors have an issue is when you directly profit off a mod. This mean you cannot put access to the mod behind an artificial paywall like adfly or something similar." -Slowpoke 2014

It seems that many mods need ad.fly to be accessed through Minecraft Forums... that can be an issue with the mod authors... at least Curse Forge exists now, so we don't need to worry about that now. :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I personally would've preferred if this competition was done a bit differently, but seeing as this is one of the first contests that FTB is holding, I can understand that not everything will go accordingly to plan right at the start.
I just hope this competition will end without any real problems from happening, because this is really a good competition that'll bring forth alot of good and new modpacks based around HQM