Introducing JamPacked

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I personally would've preferred if this competition was done a bit differently, but seeing as this is one of the first contests that FTB is holding, I can understand that not everything will go accordingly to plan right at the start.
I just hope this competition will end without any real problems from happening, because this is really a good competition that'll bring forth alot of good and new modpacks based around HQM
Yeah, that is the point I'm trying to make, really. Hey, this is kind of broken, maybe you should fix it if you do this again.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that is the point I'm trying to make, really. Hey, this is kind of broken, maybe you should fix it if you do this again.

Which if this goes over at all I hope to see it done again I have a good idea but I didn't have enough time to finish it

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: buggirlexpres

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
I personally would've preferred if this competition was done a bit differently, but seeing as this is one of the first contests that FTB is holding, I can understand that not everything will go accordingly to plan right at the start.
I just hope this competition will end without any real problems from happening, because this is really a good competition that'll bring forth alot of good and new modpacks based around HQM
As long as it ends better than the first cross-server PvP event for a game i used to play.. the sign up period was extended who knows how many times, then the actual event was very buggy in itself, and as far as i know the finals never happened. They were given a date and that date passed.. It's been a year now lmao

spaceagent66

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question, does giving permission to decompile to source code count as giving access to source code? A mod creator has given others modpack permissions and anyone permission to decompile to source code, but seems to have gone mostly inactive and hasn't replied to my post requesting permission.

Edit: Never mind, I did manage to contact the mod developer in the end. Would be useful to know this for the future though.

Last edited:

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
I made a modpack, but I don't know how to make it public so that it has a Pack Code. Help?

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm. Start a conversation with the Third Party Modpack team after following these guidelines.

Ok. I'll have to get started on that, but before I do, how long did it take to do so and for the competition, do I need to have it as a public pack. Like can I just meet the requirements and have that count for the contest?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ok. I'll have to get started on that, but before I do, how long did it take to do so and for the competition, do I need to have it as a public pack. Like can I just meet the requirements and have that count for the contest?
Needs to be a pack that follows the guidelines. Does not have to be public.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Do you *need* a map, or can I have a HQM mod pack without one?
This has been addressed several times.
Ill come through and answer as many questions as I can tomorrow, but I will go over the basic ones that have come up, yes we are looking for a map and a modpack. Unless you can figure out a really good way to use the Hardcore Questing Mod without a map.

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
How do we do permissions? Do we just need a link to the forum thread (assuming that the mod is allowed in mod packs)?