Greg's done it again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
He tries to break EVERYONE'S mods. He messes up everything. Even the god damned error screen! I can't get any of the item ids fixed because of the damn thing!

That thing is so obnoxious, it does annoy me that when I have the temerity to add more than one mod to minecraft, I get this on my error log.

"Also if you are one of the very few Idiots, who can't read this (I'm not assuming you are that stupid Person, ID-Conflicts can happen to everyone), then don't f***ing go to my Thread and complain!!! Yes, that rage was justified."

We are all human, so I get that he might be angry if people keep coming to him telling him to fix id conflicts. I would even be ok if it was a throwaway comment on a forum or chat. But putting it straight onto an error log in a premeditated and permanent way is grating.
Its also reminds me of those people you meet that say things like "what you see is what you get with me" or "I'm a straight-talking person" when what they really mean is "I'm a rude SOB and I don't want people to call me out on that"

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
That thing is so obnoxious, it does annoy me that when I have the temerity to add more than one mod to minecraft, I get this on my error log.

"Also if you are one of the very few Idiots, who can't read this (I'm not assuming you are that stupid Person, ID-Conflicts can happen to everyone), then don't f***ing go to my Thread and complain!!! Yes, that rage was justified."

We are all human, so I get that he might be angry if people keep coming to him telling him to fix id conflicts. I would even be ok if it was a throwaway comment on a forum or chat. But putting it straight onto an error log in a premeditated and permanent way is grating.
Its also reminds me of those people you meet that say things like "what you see is what you get with me" or "I'm a straight-talking person" when what they really mean is "I'm a rude SOB and I don't want people to call me out on that"

I wouldn't mind it if the error log showed up. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo he just has to add the damn thing in and remove the entire frigging log! He does know that forge hasn't used the type of error notification he's asking you to use since 1.2.5 right?

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, when you make a fuss over essentially nothing (all its doing is making the crafting of iron tools more realistic with only a slightly increased cost), you're the childish one.

oh I'm not making a fuss. Making a fuss would be complaining when I play a modpack with it in, which I don't. I put up with it because I want to play in the same server as other people who happen to like this mod. Everyone has different opinions so that's fine. What I'm doing here isn't making a fuss, it's celebrating the beggining of the end of "gregophilia"

Reactions: Hoff

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
"Also if you are one of the very few Idiots, who can't read this (I'm not assuming you are that stupid Person, ID-Conflicts can happen to everyone), then don't f***ing go to my Thread and complain!!! Yes, that rage was justified.

Really how is this even stopping complains from people who don't read the error log? I mean they aren't reading the error log so the entirely stupid message doesn't affect them. Sure throw in some nonsense phrase like, uh, 'quarks take trains to mars' into ID conflicts I guess for quick 'is this id problem' finding but insulting people who won't actually see the insult because they are being insult because of the insulted quality is -ultradumb-. I mean if someone spray paints 'blind people are terrible' on a public monument the blind people are going to be the last to find out.

This has been vaguely on topic rambling from hyperme. Next time, more rambling.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
oh I'm not making a fuss. Making a fuss would be complaining when I play a modpack with it in, which I don't. I put up with it because I want to play in the same server as other people who happen to like this mod. Everyone has different opinions so that's fine. What I'm doing here isn't making a fuss, it's celebrating the beggining of the end of "gregophilia"
Well, yeah. I understand why you would not like Greg or his tech, which is fine. I wasn't trying to insult you or anything, I just thought you overreacted a bit with your post.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Well it is super annoying but I did find you can disable it in the config. I was able to return wood and stone tools back to original durability and also remove the need for plates with tools. Once both were disabled everything went back to normal. So another thing from greg to disable...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Well it is super annoying but I did find you can disable it in the config. I was able to return wood and stone tools back to original durability and also remove the need for plates with tools. Once both were disabled everything went back to normal. So another thing from greg to disable...
But it's so much simpler to just disable Greg.[DOUBLEPOST=1373828994][/DOUBLEPOST]
^ Why are you using GT if you just disable it?
"HURR DURR MAN IF YOU AIN'T PLAYIN AT SUPER STUPID DEFAULT MODE WHY YOU EVEN USIN IT?"

But seriously; not everyone agrees with his changes as many of them make little to no real sense to most. Configs exist for a reason; namely to take out the trolling bullshit greg adds.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
^ Why are you using GT if you just disable it?

Because some of us like some of the toys Gregtech adds but don't agree with the philosophy that believes things such as a simple iron sword should require no less than ten iron ingots to craft or that diamonds should be required for one of IC2's most basic machines.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Lol looks like the answer has been said. Why cant I enjoy the lightning rod or industrial grinder without deciding exactly how to configure the mod? I have change so many settings on so many mods this is just another. For me its also about nostalgia. I love ic2. I want to keep that experience pure and allow greg to sit on top of that and not invade it. However to be honest if I couldn't disable this latest fiasco with swords I would have removed the mod for good. I am very very much so on the fence with him but he keeps just enough options in the config to bring it mostly back to normal. So for now it stays but yeah consider its demise in my mod pack.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
If Greg put in a config so that you could use the extra toys, whilst ignoring his less than intelligent changes, that'd be great.

Reactions: Hoff

allquan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes an other Gretech Thread. What is wrong with you? If you don´t like this mod just don´t play it?! If you like some parts of it, go to the config and disable the things you don´t like. If you are to stupid to do that, just don´t play the damn mod!!!

And because there are some of you that are not able to go to the config and disable something and i don´t want you to die foolish, here is the line to disable the new crafting for the iron tools:

.minecraft\config\GregTech\DynamicConfig

platesneededfortoolsmadeof {
B:Iron=false
}

Was that so hard? Hm i guess so, better making a new Gregtech Thread than try to do something on your on.

Oh and it works, i just tested it ;)

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes an other Gretech Thread. What is wrong with you? If you don´t like this mod just don´t play it?! If you like some parts of it, go to the config and disable the things you don´t like. If you are to stupid to do that, just don´t play the damn mod!!!

And because there are some of you that are not able to go to the config and disable something and i don´t want you to die foolish, here is the line to disable the new crafting for the iron tools:

}

Was that so hard? Hm i guess so, better making a new Gregtech Thread than try to do something on your on.

Please, tell me how you can disable the tin bucket nerf, or the scaffolding nerf. Paste me a config line. I want to play with people who like(d) this mod, so how do I edit those configs just for me? It's got nothing to do with being stupid, little man.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It's also a rather tedious measure to run through all his configs.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Please, tell me how you can disable the tin bucket nerf, or the scaffolding nerf. Paste me a config line. I want to play with people who like(d) this mod, so how do I edit those configs just for me? It's got nothing to do with being stupid, little man.

You don't, because Greg. Also apparently burn values are final while recipes are not. As for buckets maybe copying the bucket classes and recode stuff to make a separate tin bucket is just too hard. I mean sensible solutions? What are those?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The hell is the big deal with making iron out of tin anyway?

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
And that exploit is pretty much gone now that RP is.. There's still the uncrafting table, but that costs experience..

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech is one of the better mods out there, and I really like these changes as well <3 If you don't like it, don't use it. There are the NGT and WGT versions FOR REASON.

People need to relize that GT is an optional thing. I might not like the direction GT is going. But I agree with this. You can always opt out and not use GT if it bothers you. As this guy points out there is a NGT and WGT version of ultimate for pretty much this reason. Use the pack you want and be happy.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019

}

The point is not whether or not these things can be disabled, the point is that they're simply getting to the point of ridiculousness now, making it harder to obtain the really cool toys like quantum armour or nano sabres is one thing, requiring four metal ingots plus the cost of the two tools to craft a basic iron sword is just silly, especially when there's no benefits added to that sword to make it worth the additional hassle, that's not making it more balanced, or more challenging, it's just adding extra tedium to an otherwise simple tool. At least Tinkers Construct adds benefits to using the more complicated method of crafting tools and weapons in the form of tools that never shatter and disappear and the ability to add tool and weapon mods to them to make them auto-repairing, faster, stronger, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.