Greg's done it again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
but how do you make the plates don't you need a plate bending machine which is a mid game thing. whereas a iron sword IMHO is very early. Man greg sucks I love the stuff he adds but I don't like his nerfs

You use a hammer.

Which is made with ingots. Breaks after 20 uses. And consumes 2 ingots for 1 plate.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Why, what does this accomplish. Is bronze armour made like this too? Bronze is also three times more expensive in terms of materials, unless you're centrifuging lava in the neither, but even that centrifuge is expensive early game.

So what. Is early game now leather armour and getting beat down by every mob because your leather sword is only good for slapping? >_>.

I don't really think early game iron armour is breaking the game in any sort of way...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Gregorium Ingot.

Are there still people that think Gregtech is not a joke?

In case you don't know what a Gregorium Ingot is, look up flint and steel's recipe in NEI, it's the alternative recipe.

Except a Gregorium ingot isn't added by GregTech. It's added by MiscPeripherals because RichardG wants to poke fun at Greg for his recipe nerfs.

(At least I'm fairly sure it is MiscPeripherals. It could be base IC2, since RG is working on that too, but I don't think he has enough freedom to do something like that with IC2)

BananaSplit2

Jul 29, 2019
geez, stop freaking out for no reason. First thing, those recipes aren't even that expensive. Makes the tools, and you're good to go. And there's Tinker's Construct anyway, which gets around weapon making and bronze making.

Don't forget the new ores he added which are mass sources of tin and copper and the fact that Macerator recipe is back to normal, no more requiring diamonds. Also, hammer lets you create plates manually, you do NOT need a plate bending machine. Greg Tech is just getting better than ever and only ignorant crybabies should complain about it

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It makes sapphires, rubies and iridium "invisible" - they copy the texture of surrounding rock to camouflage themselves.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
It makes sapphires, rubies and iridium "invisible" - they copy the texture of surrounding rock to camouflage themselves.
I'm guessing that's why the textures on some ores go incredibly weird when mined then. Some of the textures become painful on the eyes -_-

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
As an example sometimes when I mine iirc bauxite the whole block turns into a mash of different purples. I had iridium turn into some bright white as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.