Greg's done it again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Guys oh guys n gals, you are falling into the GT trap yet again, It works like this :
"hey no one is looking at me" mumble mumble, plot plot ah "I have it new changes", Q rants & hair pulling, "now you ppl are looking at me", hey why have you guys stopped looking at me" Q new round of erm updates!!, "maniac laughter LOOOK AT ME, love or hate me but LOOOOK AT ME!"

For me GT its like dealing with a naughty child, often tiring.

& yes I too think the author is heading in the same direction as a couple of other well know authors with similar attitudes (IE the author is bigger in there own mind than the original game mho ofc)

Thats my 2 cents & I will limit my spending on this topic.

Reactions: Loufmier

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Guys oh guys n gals, you are falling into the GT trap yet again, It works like this :
"hey no one is looking at me" mumble mumble, plot plot ah "I have it new changes", Q rants & hair pulling, "now you ppl are looking at me", hey why have you guys stopped looking at me" Q new round of erm updates!!, "maniac laughter LOOOK AT ME, love or hate me but LOOOOK AT ME!"

For me GT its like dealing with a naughty child, often tiring.

& yes I too think the author is heading in the same direction as a couple of other well know authors with similar attitudes (IE the author is bigger in there own mind than the original game mho ofc)

Thats my 2 cents & I will limit my spending on this topic.

Myeah, I think the time is ripening to let the mod go. Was fun while it lasted, but farewell, and thanks for all the fish.

Reactions: Golrith

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
He adds nice stuff like the alt recipe for 2 electronic circuits and 2 batteries by using electrum then later in updates he removes that and we need many machines and a lot of time to do the same thing or some complicated acid cells... He looks so much like a troll.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Good riddance to the ridiculous petulant childish assinine turd. And the semi-fun mod he made.
Actually, when you make a fuss over essentially nothing (all its doing is making the crafting of iron tools more realistic with only a slightly increased cost), you're the childish one.

Reactions: Zexks

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
(all its doing is making the crafting of iron tools more realistic with only a slightly increased cost)

Because realism is such an important part of Minecraft.

Also yet another change that's completely arbitrary because apparently if Greg modders in general were to actually think about game design in any way their heads would fall off.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, when you make a fuss over essentially nothing (all its doing is making the crafting of iron tools more realistic with only a slightly increased cost), you're the childish one.

If you want a more realistic tool making then look at Tinkers Construct. This isn't that by a long shot. It's inconsistent with the other recipes and with the verisimilitude of minecraft.

It's nothing but blatant attempt to force everyone in a pack with gtech trough the gtech hoops right from the start, regardless of if they want to or not.

This is neither good game design, nor good gameplay.

noobbyte

Jul 29, 2019
the tool thing is pretty ridiculous, but it's just all manual also-earlygame stuff that you need to make it, just a little more is all.
the wood is what pushes this over the brink. why the hell does greg feel like he needs to nerf wood? since when has wood ever been OP or broken?

Reactions: egor66

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I can't even take gregtech seriously anymore. What's he going to do next, change the recipe for the diamond sword to use iridium plates instead of diamonds, and tungsten plates instead of sticks?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Is this thread going to be another "Beat the Greg's dead horse" thread?
I hope not but ppl have the right to post there views or vent if you like, some ppl love GT some dont its what keeps his mod hyped, I for one loved it at the beginning & up to a point that was a couple of updates before he spammed the update channel, the antics of the mod author are more my issues more so than the mod its self.

If you still love the mod fine play it if not fine dont play it, we all have our own views & the wonderful thing about FTB forums unlike gregs own forums, is that we can express our views be it pro or anti GT, & in most cases in an orderly & semi coherent way.

PS I am sure at least one forum mod will keep an eye on this tread so lets try keep it a friendly debate.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech is one of the better mods out there, and I really like these changes as well <3 If you don't like it, don't use it. There are the NGT and WGT versions FOR REASON.

Reactions: Shakie666

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Don't give him ideas
Hmm lets give him Ideas I'll start with a normal wooden door :

2 steel plates = 2 hinges.
9 copper or steel nugets = 3 copper or steel screws, (8 required for each hinge, 16 total)
6 wood planks.
1 steel or brass plate = lock
2 brass plates = 2 door handles.

Lets try keep is semi logical, IE not 7 diamond blocks for a pick type of thing, TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.