Greg's done it again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm lets give him Ideas I'll start with a normal wooden door :

2 steel plates = 2 hinges.
9 copper or steel nugets = 3 copper or steel screws, (8 required for each hinge, 16 total)
6 wood planks.
1 steel or brass plate = lock
2 brass plates = 2 door handles.

Lets try keep is semi logical, IE not 7 diamond blocks for a pick type of thing, TIA.
*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
While I understand he's trying to make things more "realistic" in the latest versions, he misses the point that you can't have both fusion reactors and the requirement of hammers and plates to make a simple sword in the same game and keep it internally consistent.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019

9 copper or steel nugets = 3 copper or steel screws, (8 required for each hinge, 16 total)
6 wood planks.

Lets try keep is semi logical, IE not 7 diamond blocks for a pick type of thing, TIA.
Maybe someone should make a Greg addon which does exactly this, making things realistic. Could be fun, you never know ;)

While Greg needs to give people a reason to use his sawmill, it needs to be a reason that doesn't also apply to the TE sawmill o_O

By the way Poppy, I think this is the 1st time i've seen anyone use the word 'verisimilitude' in serious writing/speaking.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Greg could just make his sawmill give 8 planks per log, though it seems a bit much. What else can he do though?
other options i see:
- reduce energy requirements.
- remove water requirement.

i dont really think that buffing plank`s output will make it worth using over TE sawmill. because if KL would want to troll Greg he could also buff his sawmill.
besides plank isnt such important resource in tech stuff, that needs such attention.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
i actually like some parts of gregtech, however he seems to want to change his mod into a total conversion of minecraft, and that I don't like. In my opinion, that doesn't fit the style of modpack I like.

JDGBOLT

Jul 29, 2019
It also looks like he did some additional nerfs to the stone and wooden tools. Wooden pickaxes normal durability is 60, but it sounds like he nerfed it to 12 uses. And for stone tools, normally they lasted for 132 or so uses, and he nerfed those down to 48.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing how he's apparently gone full FlowerChild mode, things can only escalate from here.
Why didn't you stop it?

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
You know even with how much drama it would cause a gregtech normalization mod would be great. I would cause tons of drama but then atleast I could still use gregtech. All I would need is to be able to adjust the configs and I would be happy

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
If this is legit..
I used to like gregtech it was fun. More 'realistic'. Now, however he's just gone batshit. He is more convened with using his otherwise well developed mod into trolling now. So instead of it being 'hard' you're stating to have to build a car before inventing the wheel. He is choosing the easy development method that doesn't take much thought and that's disappointing.

I wouldn't mind if doors n shit started to require hinges and screws and a fucking sander with some paint and all the recipes youd need to create each one of those things. Just dont make the door require rocket fuel and a MFSU for a cheap lol. It ruins the mod, and few people want to dick around in the config to de-stupify every cocaine induced change. Id expect greg to be more creative than that.

Reactions: Riuga

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You know even with how much drama it would cause a gregtech normalization mod would be great. I would cause tons of drama but then atleast I could still use gregtech. All I would need is to be able to adjust the configs and I would be happy
i though link to such mod was posted few pages ago.

although removal of gt would be best normalization. its kinda hard to piss off people with your mod, when none uses it :)

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019

6 wood planks.

:D
I might try making this

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Cool story, Greg.

But you know what? GregTech has migrated from "more IC2 content" to an overhaul of Minecraft. Love him or hate him, FlowerChild has pointed out many times that you can't do this piece-wise. Perhaps Greg has changes up his sleeve that make this change reasonable, like he did with the plate bender. But because he does this work incrementally and doesn't actually do versioned releases we have to be dragged through his creative process face down, eyes open. No fun. You're out, Greg.

Because I hate to put this fine a point on it, but I am bored with GregTech. I get bored just watching it. It is not a more difficult experience, and anyone who says so has a warped sense of what "difficult" means for a game. GregTech, these days, is exactly why Eloraam warned us against back in the day: a series of magical boxes that you build instead of making your own things. You build GregTech stuff almost exclusively to climb the GregTech tech trees, and the design space is so small that the builds themselves are all pretty similar.

Oh well. Tinker's Construct is the new hardmode tool making, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.