Votes: 121 51.3%
  • I don't like it!

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • I can't decide!

Votes: 37 15.7%

• Total voters

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the bronze thing, not sure if anyone else has noticed, but copper is REALLY common in the 1.5.2 test pack that we're been playing around in. There are three different copper ores and you can't walk into a tiny cave without tripping over a literal crapton of the stuff. With that sort of availability, does anyone really care how many bronze ingots you get per craft?

Can't really say that it's a problem for me, tbh.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the bronze thing, not sure if anyone else has noticed, but copper is REALLY common in the 1.5.2 test pack that we're been playing around in. There are three different copper ores and you can't walk into a tiny cave without tripping over a literal crapton of the stuff. With that sort of availability, does anyone really care how many bronze ingots you get per craft?
it does matter, because, there is a thing called logic, and it annoys me greatly, when people tend to go against it.
as for copper availability, its because mod pack creator, havent disable most of the mods, that adds copper, like they did in previous version of the pack. and i`m sure this will be addressed in next version of the pack.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, did a bit of mucking around with Tinker's Construct and the way it works is not like the recipe for Forestry, if you smelt it in ore form it gives you 4 bronze, if you smelt in ingot form it gives you 2 bronze. This makes it work just like in ic2.

Now having said that, it's still simple to work with, especially if you start near a town with a nearly built smeltery already there as it makes it a very easy to finish ore doubling mechanism. The lava tanks seem to fill with only 4 buckets of lava and they last for quite a while. The tank is about half empty after making something like 20 metal blocks. While this might not be the best long term solution for ore doubling it is one of the easier and cheaper methods. The pulverizer will still win in the end due to the chance for extra dusts, but if you have a smelter almost built already it's definitely a good idea to use it to make the pulverizer and anything you may need to power it.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
so wait wait waaaai a second here mate, lemme recap:

bronze has been nerfed in IC2.
the only use for bronze in IC2 is for mixed metal + useless armor.
bronze is made with 3 copper and 1 tin, gives 2 bronze.
brass is made with 3 copper and 1 tin, gives 4 brass.
mixed metal can also be made with brass.
because of that there is no reason to use bronze, and at the same time nerf bronze.
forestry uses a lot of bronze and last time I heard nerftech was an IC2 addon not forestry's, so no reason to nerf there.

the fuck happened to logic? was it nerfed too?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of logic, Greg's added some very nice redstone logic in his 1.5.2 versions. As well as a bunch of machine covers that create and respond to changes in redstone.
You can make a really nice combination lock in only 2 blocks with GT, now!

Sent from my remote island using smoke signals

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of logic, Greg's added some very nice redstone logic in his 1.5.2 versions. As well as a bunch of machine covers that create and respond to changes in redstone.
You can make a really nice combination lock in only 2 blocks with GT, now!

i guess he made them use iridium plates and only have strengh of 3 blocks long because its too op and had to nerf it? plus changed vanilla recipes to use iridium instead of stone/cobble because a stick on top of cobble (lever) giving infinite redstone current is op/repeating a signal without iridium inside it is too op.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the nerf jokes are starting to get really ridiculous. No, they cost 2 comparators, 2 repeaters, and a few other minor trivialties. And they have a full range of signals, 0-15, available! They're very nice. Nothing like MFR's RedNet, but still pretty good.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
yes, and that stuff works wireless too, which is really nice, if the place is already crowded with stuff.

let's see how people react on the GT-version of item and liquid tesseracts.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Greg's strategy:
Add stuff that other mods add already, nerv the original recipe so that people don't use the original mod and use his 'copy' instead.

But overall, I like GT and the new maschines it adds.

Reactions: Loufmier

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I just hate how it's so hard to avoid in mod packs.

I mean you try to be one of those good ones who shut their mouths and follows the golden advice "just don't use it".
But with everyone wanting to play Ultimate it's always activated on every multiplayer server.
Some server owners even dislike some of the difficulty changes but could not be bothered sifting through that monster of a config (but thank fuck it's there).

Also If they go through with that steel nugget change for the flint and steel, well. I don't see how or when I'll ever use any IC2 machines again...

I respect what GT tries to do but I would really like it if it where possible to avoid it in multiplayer servers...
I could make my own server, but I haven't the capital to run one without going broke in 3 months...

I just hate how invasive the mod is in modpacks.

Reactions: RedBoss

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I just hate how it's so hard to avoid in mod packs.

I mean you try to be one of those good ones who shut their mouths and follows the golden advice "just don't use it".
But with everyone wanting to play Ultimate it's always activated on every multiplayer server.
Some server owners even dislike some of the difficulty changes but could not be bothered sifting through that monster of a config (but thank fuck it's there).

Also If they go through with that steel nugget change for the flint and steel, well. I don't see how or when I'll ever use any IC2 machines again...

I respect what GT tries to do but I would really like it if it where possible to avoid it in multiplayer servers...
I could make my own server, but I haven't the capital to run one without going broke in 3 months...

I just hate how invasive the mod is in modpacks.

Remove it from the server and it will be disabled when people join with it.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Remove it from the server and it will be disabled when people join with it.

That's a good suggestion...

Hmmm now to con the server owner in to giving me their servers credentials... Or I could learn to hack...

In all seriousness I do know how to turn off GT hardmodes, I've done it before on a little server I ran. I also know you can delete the mod in it's entirety, with minimal effect on other players clients.
But as at now I am not in control of a server nor do I have the means to so I have to sift through the many servers available to find a server to suit my needs.

Maybe I should find a mod pack that doesn't use GregTech. That is if Greg goes ahead with the nugget flint and steel change. At least the name of the item will make sense though.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
I guess, the discussion will enter a new round, if others follow the GT-thread in the IC2-board too. he plans to adjust the way the hunger-system works. standing 20 minutes around without eating anything or without a system that allows auto-eating... boom, dead because of starvation. so, keep a stack of steaks in your hotbar. and don't idle around.