Votes: 121 51.3%
  • I don't like it!

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • I can't decide!

Votes: 37 15.7%

• Total voters

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
What i mean by that is that it has systematically changed enough recipes so that you HAVE to progress though the IC2/Gregtech tree all the way to an industrial blast furnace to use almost any other mod. Specifically it has accomplished this by making flint and steel require a steel nugget... which can only be gotten through a blast furnace and only the Gregtech blast furnace can be build without going to the nether which you cant do without a flint and steel.

You can go to the nether without a flint and steel. You need a 'Fire Charge'.

For that you need Gun Powder, easy. Coal, easy. And 1 Blaze Powder, kinda easy, you can get it from the flowers in the desert.

You see - it's not impossible. Yes it's not as easy as it was, but it's definitely do-able.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe those desert flowers are from TC3 if I'm not mistaken.

Also you can light a portal with lava and some wood, it doesn't make it any less annoying that he changed the flint and steel recipe yet didn't add his planned matches at the same time.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe those desert flowers are from TC3 if I'm not mistaken.

Also you can light a portal with lava and some wood, it doesn't make it any less annoying that he changed the flint and steel recipe yet didn't add his planned matches at the same time.

Changes like these makes me doubt he plays his own mod ;)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
didnt expect to see one of these, but i guess i`ll say "hi"
there is great lack of logic, in this mod, and that`s why it makes me hate the most. as post ted above, the quarry is one example of broken logic:
in order to make a quarry you need some gears, advanced circuit, and a diamond mining drill. gear was intended by builcraft authors, so there is nothing i can say about them. advanced circuit is a strictly and diamond drill is strictly ic2 items. so you need a decent EU production to craft a tools that uses eu, in order to craft a machine that can only use MJ. such changes would make sense if quarry accepted EU, but it would be to logical.
another example is a nano saber: you need 2 energy flow circuits to make it. they require 2-3 lapotron crystals, that can store 1m EU each. judging by nano saber`s original recipe, you would expect it to have at least 400K EU in storage, but it only has 40k, cuz fk logic.
you can find more recipes with screwed logic, it just few that`ve encountered personally.
the second issues is the cost. yeah yeah, cost is supposed to make things harder, but it doesnt. its only ment to drag the game, while i`m ok with some time sinks, but its not a f2p mmorpg, where they are required, due to a lack of content.
and the final issue that i have with this mod, its that time sinks are brought upon other mods, which leads me to only one logical conclussion - greg know that his mod is inferior to others, in terms of how much fun they provide compared to time investment, and thus if its included in mod pack it would be avoided most likely, by majority of players, and instead of making thing somewhat on par with other, he just drags down others mod instead.

now, to the few good thing that i`ve encountered:
1st is a distillation tower decent concept, somewhat challenging to automate(which was fun for me), and great result, for power consumption(biodiesel production).
2nd fusion reactor, pretty much same as above. i havent touched one that in new version, so this opniom might change

Reactions: Dravarden

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I've said it before: I love the stuff GT adds, I hate the way he messes with other mods and makes stuff tedious. It would IMHO be best if the 'nerfs' and 'cool stuff' would be separated into two separate mods so it would be easier to only add the nice stuff.

Oh and the big wall of text bitching about the bronze recipe whenever I start it up just pisses me off. Seriously; fuck that nerf. It doesn't matter the slightest if you get 2 ingots or 4.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and the big wall of text bitching about the bronze recipe whenever I start it up just pisses me off. Seriously; fuck that nerf. It doesn't matter the slightest if you get 2 ingots or 4.
that`s another thing, that make no logic. when you mix 3 and 1 part of a liquid(molten metals), you get 4 parts. yeah some losses are possible, but its not fking 75%

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
how do you have a loss of 75% if you mix 3 copper + 1 tin for 2 bronze? that makes 50%, if you assume that 1 heap of dust is the same amount every time.

the worst part in gregtech is the lack of documentation (especially his wiki has some huge gaps).

the best thing is: gregs "nerfs" change a few items which are, as a part of their own mod, really endgame (best example: the quarry) and changes them in a way, that they actually are endgame... or at least a tool for the new midgame phase.

which brings us to another point: why should anyone play around with a modpack? and not with one single mod? because it's interesting to use all those mods together in the base, and thus making one big mod out of all those mods. and some parts need to be adjusted in order to fit balance wise...

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
how do you have a loss of 75% if you mix 3 copper + 1 tin for 2 bronze? that makes 50%, if you assume that 1 heap of dust is the same amount every time.

the worst part in gregtech is the lack of documentation (especially his wiki has some huge gaps).

the best thing is: gregs "nerfs" change a few items which are, as a part of their own mod, really endgame (best example: the quarry) and changes them in a way, that they actually are endgame... or at least a tool for the new midgame phase.
hm, i remembered that wall of text said that resul should be 1 ingot. anyway, 50% is still too big loss.
i did explain why changes to quarry make no logic, and thus bad, but you seems didnt bother to read

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013

which brings us to another point: why should anyone play around with a modpack? and not with one single mod? because it's interesting to use all those mods together in the base, and thus making one big mod out of all those mods. and some parts need to be adjusted in order to fit balance wise...

Except Greg is under the strenuous delusion that time = difficult. In a game with no time pressure.

Sky Noble

Jul 29, 2019
..................................................................[DOUBLEPOST=1369589498][/DOUBLEPOST]My opinion of GT is that it's only "great" and "easy" once you've gone through mid-game, for example, you have a factory 100 blocks wide creating diamonds by the second, that's the best time for GT to come in!

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Why is a quarry end-game? It's just there because in FTB you need craptons more ore (iron, copper and tin mainly) than in vanilla minecraft and having to mine it all yourself is BORING. How's it end-game if it's something most people build asap?

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
it is endgame, if you just look at buildcraft as standalone mod. there is virtually no need in buildcraft for such an amount of ressources.

in ftb, it gives plenty of ores which can be used in other mods.

Gammelvarg

Jul 29, 2019
I am not a modder so I don't know if they even care about this, but my gripe towards Gregtech is that they/he change other peoples mods. So it's always my first mod to disable in FTB

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
The bronze nerf is horrible:Ic2 was bronze was design 3 copper and one tin to 2 bronze BUT forestry was designed 3+1=4.

Greg's nerf is horrible for me because I almost DON'T USE IC2 bronze recipes but I love forestry and I'm always using bronze...

GTB is an awesome modder so I present a solution: make IC2 bronze incopatible with Forestry's bronze!

Reactions: NosePicker5555

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
GTB is an awesome modder so I present a solution: make IC2 bronze incopatible with Forestry's bronze!

that is just a dumb idea, have 2 different bronze? a pain storing it, which one works with what, can change by using lexicon...

in my opinion it should just leave it to 4, there is almost nothing in IC2 that uses bronze.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
the other way round: bronze has nearly no use in IC2. you need it for armor as an iron replacement and for mixed metal ingots. and there is brass from RP2, which is, oddly enough, made from 3 copper + 1 tin in an alloy furnace, but in gt, it's also made from copper + zinc, which aswell gives 4 pieces out of 3+1 pieces dust.

and since brass is a valid replacement for bronze (in GT, for the mixed metal ingots), I happily use that stuff...

so, getting rid of that nerf doesn't change a bit in IC2/GT...

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
that is just a dumb idea, have 2 different bronze? a pain storing it, which one works with what, can change by using lexicon...

in my opinion it should just leave it to 4, there is almost nothing in IC2 that uses bronze.

Bt if GTB doesn't like it...[DOUBLEPOST=1369601946][/DOUBLEPOST]Just to be clear, GTB means Greg, The Beast

Reactions: NosePicker5555

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, Tinker's Construct smelters can do the 1 tin 3 copper recipe for bronze in the same amounts Forestry did it. Sure you have to smelt with lava but hey, it's doable.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clear, GTB means Greg, The Beast

strange, i thought it was Greg The Bastard... anyway, in ultimate 1.0.1 all bronze recipes result in 2 ingots, and i see no reason nerfing some of them to 1. besides brass recipe requires 3 copper and 1 zinc ingot (i`m not talking about rp brass) and result in 4 ingots where is logic in that?