Votes: 121 51.3%
  • I don't like it!

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • I can't decide!

Votes: 37 15.7%

• Total voters

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, GT is expensive and just changes the whole game completely.
Like, if you wanted to take the ThaumCraft road, at some point, GT will get in the way forcing you to focus on GT and not your desired mod!
But there are good points about it, it can double the amount of gold/diamonds by putting the ore into a Macerator!

But you can use other mods(EDIT: to double your ores), and the macerator use to be cheaper in "vanilla" IC2

Reactions: NosePicker5555

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I never said you can not have it on easy mode.What I was saying is that things like diamond drills for quarrys or the storage block requiring a Compressor keep IC2 alive.

Rather artificially don't you think? Requiring a popular item from mod X to use crafting components from an unpopular mod Y to keep mod Y 'alive'.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Guess you could, but why not use GT to make it a challenge!

so wasting 2 hours instead of 1 is a challenge? back in the day that was called waste of time.

people, stop this challenge bullshit, what for you is a challenge doesn't mean for others is, and maybe they want to play instead of wasting time with a compressor just to light up their base.

Sky Noble

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't like a challenge and want to be lazy and have everything simple, you can delete GT from your pack, others who are much more confident choose to have GT - which is what makes Feed The Beast!

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to be lazy, if yo want chalenge, try somehing called "vanilla minecraft"

Mods like BC or RP only make our life easier, People like Industrialization because they are lazy.I like to be lazy, to have pipes transporting items for me and a furnace that doesn't require coal or wood.

In FTB, the challenge IS taking challenge from minecraft in the easiest way

PS:Don't even reply me about vannila hoppers or I will get mad

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to be lazy, if yo want chalenge, try somehing called "vanilla minecraft"

Mods like BC or RP only make our life easier, People like Industrialization because they are lazy.I like to be lazy, to have pipes transporting items for me and a furnace that doesn't require coal or wood.

In FTB, the challenge IS taking challenge from minecraft in the easiest way

PS:Don't even reply me about vannila hoppers or I will get mad

You can do a sorting system with hoppers but actually requires thinking with redstone and stuff, not a wooden pipe and some diamond pipes.

PS: I had to.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
You can do a sorting system with hoppers but actually requires thinking with redstone and stuff, not a wooden pipe and some diamond pipes.

PS: I had to.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!ME KILL YOU VANIILA HOPPER ME KILL AHHHH

I knew you could but is soooooooooooooo complicated...and it takes a lot of redstone and Iron to do so...

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it is , I should start to control my emotions and feelings because I just get piced off when I hear something about the vannila ...'M GOING TO KILL YOU VANILLA HOPPER, YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, this trend is called "the weekly gregtech discussion-which-usually-ends-in-flamewar-or-off-topic thread", which you might see me pop up in the 2nd/3rd page most of the time.
So it's part of the perpetual flame thread cycle of RP2, "X" mod is OP, then Gregtech? I get it now. ;-)

Sent from my calliope via my spinning pinwheel

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Not a huge fan of Gregtech honestly.

It's nice that he's added more stuff to IC2, but it's tied so much into a generally shitty design philosophy that it ends up being more of a hindrance than a benefit.

Here's what I mean. Gregtech has a very specific design plan for how people should progress and how long it should take to do stuff. It's terribly linear and depends on people following an extremely strict plan. Which a pain if you just want item X. Because then item X is locked in Tier 5, and you have to make items A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, all in sequence to get it. And you can't just make one of each item either. They have to be automated so they can process a ton of resources. Which ends up meaning that if you are going to make Item X, it damn well better be worth the effort. It discourages experimentation and creativity.

Which is ok if Item X is a new item introduced by GregTech, or if GregTech was the only mod in the pack. It's no ok when Item X is an item from another mod, and you have to progress through a pointless techtree for that single item. Which often has a it's own proper place in progression that GregTech breaks.