Forge: My list of grievances

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Fair warning for the thread, and honestly the forums at large. If you do something to earn a temporary ban, coming back with a second account and harassing the moderators at large will earn you a permanent one. We don't ban people because we don't like them - if that was the case a few people in this thread would have been gone a while ago. We ban when there are rules broken, and no other time.

(Blue means moderator voice. Everything else I've said in this thread has been me, speaking as a person, not a moderator.)

I think I missed something but totally agree.

One of these days I need to catch your stream morv. I spend most of time in Eddie's or streaming myself (just started) when do you stream?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think I missed something but totally agree.

One of these days I need to catch your stream morv. I spend most of time in Eddie's or streaming myself (just started) when do you stream?
She's streaming right now :D

Also I would say who that post of hers was directed at but I'm not sure I'm allowed to...

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Morvy's creative design streams are pretty spiffy. They've given me tons of ideas on using microblocks that I'd never considered.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
She's streaming right now :D

Also I would say who that post of hers was directed at but I'm not sure I'm allowed to...

Don't bother saying.

Hrm, I just got done with work and was going to stream some neverwinter. I might postpone that for an hour or so.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Don't bother saying.

Hrm, I just got done with work and was going to stream some neverwinter. I might postpone that for an hour or so.
I would she's doing an amazing creative stream atm since forgecraft is down for updating. Doing it without microblocks and still making it look amazing.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I'll be home in about 10 to 20 minutes. As long as my little one is all settled ill jump on. I assume it's a twitch.tv stream?

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Why does everyone confuse myself and Jadedcat? I did not discuss this thread on SlowPoke's livestream, nor do I discuss any threads here on the forums on any livestreams, because I do take my position as a global moderator seriously.

Though, I will say Mash - you bring a fair point. I do have a bias in this regard because I have been accused of such things several times in the past, by folks that arguably care less about being earnest than Everlast does. I've been accused of being in it for the money, or of being some sort of whore, floozy, or groupie to mod developers. There has to be some reason I do the things I do, after all... and Everlast is right, there is a reason. But no reason that anyone else has ever devised and informed me of even resembles respectable behavior, let alone the truth.

So, when I see a words like "agenda" and "motive", words that imply something subversive is happening, I sort of assume I am being attacked once again. While, honestly, assumptions should be avoided on the internet, it doesn't sound like an unreasonable one to me. Do you think differently?
I apologize for mixing you guys up. Sorry about that.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry. It can be tough to be a female in a male dominated environment (I mean gaming in general here). Being called names like whore (or being asked to show my boobs constantly) is the main reason I quit YouTube. Sometimes you just can't win.

It doesn't help that some women play on their gender to get stuff from guys. (Also that some guys pretend to be women to do the same). Sorry for the off-topic, but this really bugs the bejesus out of me. (That, and people trying to cram their beliefs down my throat)

BananaSplit2

Jul 29, 2019
I would have to agree with you on this one.. I listened to her reaction on the Slow Stream.. And she really Miss Represented.. The whole Hitler thing.. Even though it was a silly analysis to even mention hitler.. I don't think the Poster of said statement meant it the way she interpreted it. Even slowpoke said this.

I'm sorry to say it, but you have to be honest with yourself every once in awhile. Nobody is perfect and things happen.

I'm happy to see some people actually noticed that she got the whole thing wrong. I'm still kind of mad about it, the biggest problems being the insults in front of 600 persons. But whatever, this is the internet right ?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm happy to see some people actually noticed that she got the whole thing wrong. I'm still kind of mad about it, the biggest problems being the insults in front of 600 persons. But whatever, this is the internet right ?

(personal non moderator post)

That wasn't Morv. That was me. Interesting how people are still managing to be mad at the wrong person after repeatedly being corrected.

I do not apologize. If people wish to jump to conclusions about me based on their interpretation of my comments on a stream so be it.Congratulations we are all humans who jump to conclusions based on short snippets of conversation from people we don't know. Come to think of it the whole thread is basically jumping to conclusions either for or against specific people due to some personal judgment call formed from incomplete knowledge of people we do not know.

{As a moderator}

Get back on the original topic and stop with the personal attacks and arguments. The topic is "insularity and elitism in the Forge community". Personal attacks and arguments are against forum rules. Continue to engage in them and this thread will be locked and people will get warnings. Again stay on topic and be polite. Personal arguments should be taken to private messages.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Mead

Jul 29, 2019
I do not believe the first motivation from modder, youtubers and streamers is money. They have far better ways to do it.
This is as accurate as it gets. If someone's in it only for the money, then that fact will show in every video and the entire channel will suck. We do this because it's fun, and if that brings in something useful, then so much the better. Personally, my public speaking skills have grown immensely and that's the main reason I started, over a year ago now.

Yeah, I'd love to be able to make my channel my day job, but I'm not making any plans for it.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't help that some women play on their gender to get stuff from guys. (Also that some guys pretend to be women to do the same). Sorry for the off-topic, but this really bugs the bejesus out of me. (That, and people trying to cram their beliefs down my throat)

I agree, it bothers me, too. But I detested being painted with the same brush.

Reactions: Skirty_007

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019

I feel like it was directed at me even though I know it wasn't because I this is only my second post in this thread

Anyway, has the OP even been here recently? Or was it all a ruse to make us fight among ourselves?

I've only ever gotten truly angry at one person on these forums and it aint you.

I really want to know who this is now, because once again I feel like it's me...

I must have a guilty conscience or something.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I feel like it was directed at me even though I know it wasn't because I this is only my second post in this thread

Anyway, has the OP even been here recently? Or was it all a ruse to make us fight among ourselves?
It wasn't. The person it was at is already banned. Three or four times now.

Reactions: jumpfight5
Status
Not open for further replies.