Figured I'd drop in...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
TE was the first mod I looked at and said 'Wow - now THAT'S the way you do a mod !'. TE machines are the first ones I build and grow from there, remaining until the next world reset.

Not the first to say that and hopefully won't be the last :)

Reactions: PierceSG

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Conduits < Universal Cable (Mekanism), convenience and utility wise, not counting Performance computionally.

If you took into account all factors (instead of deliberately dismissing the glaring horrible weakness of Universal Cable) you'd have to admit that Conduits > > > > > > Universal Cable.
If an item is able to bring a server to it's knees just by existing, there is no way it can be > than Conduits. period.

Nicksterr

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for an amazing mod Lemming! Was a joy listening to you describe the process of crafting a tesseract in its early stages on ts back in the day on malianx' server (although it was only Zeldo that ever got on...)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks KL for all the hard work you have put in on this since 1.2.5. I think you probably single-handedly saved buildcraft power from niche uses to more mainstream. It's been a great ride, sorry to see you go, but at the same time, RL has to come first. I do expect you however to make the occasional appearance on forgecraft and let us know how you are doing through the various streams and dw20 videos.. :p

Take care.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
For completeness:
  • 5 versions of each of the following: Energy Cells, Portable Tanks, Strongboxes
  • Revamped Conduit, Fluiduct, and Itemduct mechanics (yes Item Transport)
  • Streamlined codebase
As far as open sourcing, that will be a discussion I'll have with the maintainers, whom I have already chosen.

Personally I haven't really considered what features of TE I'd like to see other mods implement. Maybe a general awareness of what causes lag and what doesn't.

RL can be a pain at times, but these things happen.
Even if there are no further additions to Thermal Expansion, I hope that your knowledge passes on to the rest of the community to make other mods less laggy. That would be a massive benefit over any extra content to TE. (I personally don't see a need for 5 versions of cells, tanks, etc - maybe just one high storage REC requiring shiny ingots to craft)

TE is a perfect mix of form and functionality. The recipes are balanced just right, not too cheap, not too expensive. I actually use TE recipes as the balance for other mods, where mods have support for TE alternation versions.

Hopefully you'll keep an fatherly eye on Thermal Expansion development progress in the future.

Trinitruth

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you King Lemming for all you have done for the modding community.You are one of the best modders in minecraft. Have a good life,good luck with the issues and once again Thank you!!!

Reactions: Whovian

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Sad to see you leave the modding scene, TE has brought me countless hours of entertainment, but good luck King Lemming with whatever it is you're doing/going to do.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Personally I haven't really considered what features of TE I'd like to see other mods implement. Maybe a general awareness of what causes lag and what doesn't.
I think other mods would be able to greatly benefit from the Configuration tab you implemented in your mod. Being able to configure which side equates to which slot in the machine GUI is enormously amazing, and I can only believe that it would be to the benefit for all for every mod author to have the ability to implement that functionality. Along with it can come the redstone functionality tab. Sometimes, I want a machine to only run when it gets a redstone signal, sometimes the reverse, but most frequently, I just want it to run and ignore any redstone signals that might flash by.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone.

Just to point something out, the changes in my life are not BAD things by any stretch. And I'm not gone for good. We have some new devs being folded into the team, and they're going to do some pretty good stuff. I'll be a creative consultant on some level I know, and my incredibly picky code cleanup will probably work its way in there, I just won't be spending hours and hours on it every weekend like I used to.

TE 3.0 is coming, I just can't give an ETA.

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019

Just to point something out, the changes in my life are not BAD things by any stretch. And I'm not gone for good. We have some new devs being folded into the team, and they're going to do some pretty good stuff. I'll be a creative consultant on some level I know, and my incredibly picky code cleanup will probably work its way in there, I just won't be spending hours and hours on it every weekend like I used to.

Really awesome to hear, so far I'm still enjoying your mod and I can't wait to see what the future holds, even if your not the main coder anymore :)! Awesome mod!

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019

Very happy to here that the changes aren't bad. I hope that whatever they are you have a good time.

P.S. I just built a wonderful Minecraft factory that makes me very happy and it is powered by Thermal Expansion. Its such a great mod to automate stuff with. Thanks for making it (and Omnitools, I couldn't manage without it!)

Reactions: SpitefulFox