Figured I'd drop in...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
While I cannot say your mod was my favorite I can say the ideas you brought to your mod were like none other before. You also brought code of a whole new caliber, which has been a challenge to other mods to keep that pace. This will forever change the modding community in one of the best ways. Not only that but molders like yourself, power crystals, sengir, and others have set the pace for modders to have a much more intimate and open relationship with the community.

I congratulate you on creating one of the best mods in minecraft history and I stand and applaud your determination to excellence. I can only hope that you are able to happen upon someone that you feel able to fill the very large legacy you will be leaving behind.

I feel that , or at least I would hope, I can speak for most if not all of the modded minecraft community in thanking you for your service and wish you well in all that is to come in your life. You will always have a home to come back to in our community.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man this seriously bums me out. TE is my favorite mod and you're my favorite mod maker. I hope things are well with you. Take care of yourself.

xo,
Virgo

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
*Funeral March starts playing at the background*
Here lies TE. The mod that caused the rebirth of an entire power system, brought more people into Railcraft then ever, allowed Forestry to become an even bigger thing that it was, and became a key part of almost everyones builds. Its destiny is to become the new LP, left behind by the original modder, but always updated by a fanbase and loved for every use it had.
That its legacy will move on into generations, and become a core mod to any modpack out there.
THAT ITS IDEAS LIVE FOREVER!
THAT ITS UTILITY NEVER DIE!
THAT ITS POWER GETS BIGGER!
THAT EVERYONE SHALL NOT FORGET OF YOU!
OF YOUR DREAMS!
AND KEEP YOU ALIVE BY REMEMBERING YOU!
BECAUSE ONCE SOMETHING IS FORGOTTEN, IT WILL DIE!
AND YOU, MY FRIEND, SHALL NOT DIE!
YOU SHALL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!

I just turned into a large ham now. Great, mods dying impact me more than it should.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
See.. see.. that's what happens when you go on holiday, you experience this thing called RL (Real Life for those still in the Matrix) and you get your life's perspectives into order, no more holidays for you .....ever!!!

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck on life! I just hope the TE as we know it now will stay with us in future updates because there are things like the cells that are a main part of my builds. I would hate to lose something like the tesseracts and the redstone energy cells.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck man. From the sound of it, you had this revelation while there's still time to salvage the situation. I hope it all turns out alright for you. Our community will miss you and TE, but I'm glad you're focusing on what you find truly important. It's always better to quit before you burn yourself (or your bridges) out.

Mind if I ask a few questions about TE?

• It sounds like you still want to complete it yourself. What features do you see as "completing" it? You've done some great stuff already, so I'm just curious what you feel is lacking. The infamous item transport maybe?
  • Do you have any plans for open sourcing the code once it's complete? I feel the modding community could learn a lot from TE.
  • Or do you have some sort of successor in mind, even if they "just" keep it working with updated Minecraft.
  • And lastly, what feature of yours do you wish more mods would implement or learn from? There's a lot I like about it, but I'm actually inclined to say "Sensible, documented GUIs".

Kindar Conrath

Jul 29, 2019
I share the sentiments of all here. As a developer (and gamer) I do understand that life takes first priority and that we can't do this stuff forever. I wish you the best of luck getting your life back on track.

On the other hand, as an avid user of your mod, I am saddened. It is one of the mods I am still holding out starting up my 1.6 server for and I feel like it won't be the same without it. I tried recently to build a system without your tesseracts, without your liquiducts without your aqueas accumulator and without your energy cables. It just wasn't as pretty, wasn't as tidy and wasn't NEARLY as simple to set up!

I do hope that a decision is made for 1.6 and I hope (for my own sake) that it is either to hand it off to someone who can do the update, or to make it available publicly. I understand you probably don't have time to update it right now because of whatever lies ahead of you in life, so I wouldn't want to pressure you to do the work yourself.

In short, you will be missed and we love your work! My minecraft worlds won't be the same without TE!

Reactions: dgdas9

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... My favorite mod of all time is getting retired. Thank you for making a good mod that help me through those pesky recipies and making a good mod for auto crafting for AE. Thank you, King Lemming :D[DOUBLEPOST=1377407187][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah if this mod is open source, I hope this mod is gonna get a REBORN

Trizoe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much Lemming, I can understand how much work must go into creating and updating a Minecraft mod, Especially one of this depth and quality.
Hope things get better and thanks again for everything you have given to the Minecraft community.

Leew98

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance of you letting another modder take over the mod? Sort of like Xeno taking over Soul Shards?

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Iirc, this is what apparently was said in irc.
Dont take my word for this 100%
The mod is going open source after lemming is done with it, so i would presume (again not 100%) that people would be free to make a fork of it.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Iirc, this is what apparently was said in irc.
Dont take my word for this 100%
The mod is going open source after lemming is done with it, so i would presume (again not 100%) that people would be free to make a fork of it.
If this is true TE might become even more amazing than it already is.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Nooooooo,
Well i like this mod a lot, it works flawless, is not causing any problems, and has solid mechanics.
But life is life, so i wish you good luck on your way. And thank you for countless hours of fun with your mod.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Is sad when a great mod like this die, good luck on whatever real life issue you're having. And now back to using buildcraft pipes and ender chests / tanks. T.T