Figured I'd drop in...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. Been a while.

Just wanted to post something to let people know I'm still alive. ;) Life has been...interesting. There are moments that come along every now and then that just take all of your plans and scatter them to the winds. And when that happens, you get to stand there in the raw confusion and peripeteia of it all and be introspective.

That's what happened to me about two months ago. There are aspects of my life I have neglected for far too long, and circumstances dictate that I should really revisit one of them.

So, I still plan on wrapping up TE at some point here, but I just can't say when that will be. 1.6.2? No clue. 1.7.x? Maybe. The priorities in my life have shifted, and while this mod only filled my free time before, I have much less of it now.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the awesome work, I've had lots of fun playing with TE. Best of luck for the future, whatever that holds for you.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the hours & hours & even more hours of fun you have provided for me & my friends we all do appreciate! Best of luck to you going forward you deserve it :cool:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I will be saddened to see the the end of TE. But I also understand life changes and can dictate other needs. So I wish you the best on the new direction life is taking you. Thank you for all of the good work you have done so far.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna write an epitaph but TE was just so useful I don't know how to write that.
And besides, TE will probably become like LP - it will have a fan-made version.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I hope you can find a successor to the TE mod that you'd feel comfortable passing the torch to. It is easily one of the best mods hands down. Thank you for your efforts.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Topic pinned so more people can see this.​

We wish you all the best, King Lemming. If it weren't for Thermal Expansion, I don't think I would have been able to stick with Feed the Beast back in the day--it's still one of my favorite mods, and I definitely hope you can find a worthy successor to pass it on to.

So long, and thanks for everything you've done. :)

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
While TE is one of my favourite mods and it's pretty sad to see that you won't be able to update I can understand that life changes, so good luck and have fun IRL :b

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
KL: Thank you SO much! If it weren't for TE I probably would not have been as addicted to modded minecraft as I am now. Your mod is an integral part of any build I make. I'm sad you can't continue working on it and I hope you can pass the torch onto someone as cool as you :)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I have a feeling TE will live in stasis with no new content and then everyone will get sick and tired of it and they'll remove it from their modpacks.

But, until that point, hopefully it stays updated and modders learn how to better their code by reading yours. I wouldn't mind if some mods got an energy system rewrite based off of TE redstone conduits. *Cough* BC *Cough*

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
KL: Thank you SO much! If it weren't for TE I probably would not have been as addicted to modded minecraft as I am now. Your mod is an integral part of any build I make. I'm sad you can't continue working on it and I hope you can pass the torch onto someone as cool as you :)

I cant agree with you more here sir, I'm in love with TE it's my first and last power setup. Thanks for all the awesome work!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I have a feeling TE will live in stasis with no new content and then everyone will get sick and tired of it and they'll remove it from their modpacks.

Like what? I can't think of any large mods that people got so bored of they removed it from their packs?

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Lemming, you did a great job on TE, and I thank you for gifting the community with the mod. Best of luck to you, whatever you do!

Like what? I can't think of any large mods that people got so bored of they removed it from their packs?
IC2 is what I think Peggle is hinting at there.

Reactions: Cirom

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, thanks King Lemming for the amazing mod. Really helped me out in sticking with FTB, and learning new ways to do things. I salute you good sir, and as many others said, I hope you find a worthy person to hand the mod down to. :D

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming, i have to say thanks for all your hard work.
You helped revolutionise minecraft mods.
Showing that Buildcraft can actually be useful, in a environment where few used it before.
Also going for pure consistency over massively new things.

I commend you for everything you have done and wish you a very good future!

Reactions: samSTR

Syrinori

Jul 29, 2019
Hey King Lemming, Your mod is by far one of my favorites. One of the best designed tech mods currently available.

Why not opensource it if you don't have the time to take care of it? Nothing stops you from coming back and assuming control of it later, and it allows people to temporarily update the mod for you.

That said I wish you the best:)