Figured I'd drop in...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. That's kinda sad.
I remember not giving TE a fair look in because I predominately used IC2, I detested MJ's and found TE machines slow.
But then GT made macerators harder to get (the diamond thing) and I discovered redstone energy cells that made makeing MJ's bearable. The conversion was violently quick to the point it generated it's own energy source, suffice to say I don't use EU for anything but chargeing a drill which thanks to TiC I don't bother with either. I also mostly hand mine so I don't need the quarry.

Long live TE I suppose.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think that Buildcraft owes KL a lot of thanks.. I believe that without TE, Buildcraft and it's powersystem wouldn't be half as popular as it is now. TE sorta made BC worth it... I'd probably be using power converters to switch EU into MJ if it wasn't for TE

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
So is this.... Thermal Contraction for King Lemming?

*ominous music*

Stay tuned!

Seriously though, thanks KL for building a mod that other mods can aspire to be in the arenas of features and performance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone.

Just to point something out, the changes in my life are not BAD things by any stretch. And I'm not gone for good. We have some new devs being folded into the team, and they're going to do some pretty good stuff. I'll be a creative consultant on some level I know, and my incredibly picky code cleanup will probably work its way in there, I just won't be spending hours and hours on it every weekend like I used to.

TE 3.0 is coming, I just can't give an ETA.

I'm really glad you're not gone for good. I love your brain.

Blu_Haze

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for everything, King Lemming.

You've done more for the modding community than most will ever even realize, and your contributions will continue to live on for many years to come after your retirement. Real life should always come first, and I sincerely hope that yours will be everything you could wish for.

While it's sad to see you step down, you will always have my respect for making sure that the project lives on by selecting quality maintainers and even considering open source development after 3.0 is released.