Figured I'd drop in...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
But.... But... ;.; Nooooooooooo

TE is the first mod that broke me away from IC. What will we do without your fabulous energy cubes, and amazingly configurable machines? Not to mention Liquid Redstone and Ender. T.T I LOVE MY LIQUID ENDER...

Reguardless, you've certainly set the bar higher for tech based mods. I do hope that you hand it off to someone close to you, and worthy.... And of course stick your nose in it from time to time again.

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Like people said before TE really had great ideas about how technology mods should/could be and for that, thanks.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well there nothing we can do about it for now. Time to hit the drains and I won't be using BC power anytime soon then. (those counterparts are server unfriendly and hard to use)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Best of luck with what ever is your aims in life atm we are die hard fans & can & will wait to see the out come but in the end its a game & family, friends, real life in general comes first.

Hope all works out for you mate & even if you never get back to TE tnx for all the fun you have provided.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Shame.
Go live a life I guess, it is the more important thing.
Why can't Zeldo and the rest of team CoFH update it though?
They ALL having issues?

Eh, the power tesseract is all I can't think of a replacement for.
Ender Tank + Fuel/Steam I guess.

Item/Liquid is ender tanks/chest.

Configurable sides are in Mekanism. No auto output, but translocators are good.

Conduits < Universal Cable (Mekanism), convenience and utility wise, not counting Performance computionally.

RECs, can be replaced by Endergy Cubes (Mekanism).

Sawmill is in GT. IIRC Binnie has a thing also.

The Cyclic Assembler can be replaced with MFRs liquidcrafter or Immibis' Tubestuff ACTMK2, or a DC force pipe.

FZ or RC can still make Gravel, and therefore flint, in unlimited quantities, for Mek ore tripling. Or general
gravel needs.

Igneus Extruder Cobble. Laggy Cobble Gens go! death to ALL the servers. MFR blockbreaker probably.

Igneus Extruder Smooth Stone. Slap a furnace on the laggy blockbreaker cobble gen.

Ore Doubling. Ic2, Mekanism, RC, FZ - LOTS of things.

Extra wee bits - GT. Mek and FZ can give 3X though.

Magma Crucible for lava = MFR Lava Fab.

OTOH.
AA replacement of pump + 3x3 of water is ungainly, and not as foolproof, the RC thing is REALLY slow, the MFR or Forestry rain collectors require weather conditions so are inconvenient.

Liquid Transposer Functionality can actually be found in the GT Fusion <something> at actually no energy cost, but a significantly more substantial resource cost.

Igneus Extruder Obsidian. This ones a bummer. One could set up a RS based, place lava bucket, place water flow to make obsidian, break obsidian via Block Breaker, stop water flow, place lava system... Be a complete PITA though,

Liquid Redstone, Glowstone and Ender. Particularly Glowstone are very useful, and were rather outrageous ideas at first, but yet so good.

Anything else significant?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The power tesseract can be changed by a system similar to Direwolf20's EU transportation system which used lapotronic crystals, BC gates and enderchests.
Yeah, TE was really good server-wise. Not laggy in the slightest.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my, one of the better mods' author is retiring? :( Take care and thanks for the great mod. Hopefully someone as good as you're takes over the mantle for developing the mod further.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The power tesseract can be changed by a system similar to Direwolf20's EU transportation system which used lapotronic crystals, BC gates and enderchests.
Yeah, TE was really good server-wise. Not laggy in the slightest.
Quick point of, how? If the redstone cell isn't available, how do you store MJ?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
You dont, buildcraft was designed that you shoudnt.
I know. My point was that you can't use ender-chests to transfer energy if you can't store the energy in an item.

This will make power plants less useful. You'll either need to have your energy users in the same place, or distribute your generation.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I know. My point was that you can't use ender-chests to transfer energy if you can't store the energy in an item.

This will make power plants less useful. You'll either need to have your energy users in the same place, or distribute your generation.

I guess you could just use portable tanks and have engines at the place where you need energy.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
"wrapping up" TE?!

(Obligatory "NOOOOOOO!!!")

With that said, I wish you the best of luck with whatever new direction your life appears to be taking. If that direction is away from TE, then so be it. I hope TE will continue to be maintained, improved, and extended if/when you leave (and given the terms of TE's license, that's pretty likely even if Team CoFH completely disbands). I wouldn't still be playing Minecraft if it weren't for TE offering a viable and fun alternative to IC2, so thank you so much for rekindling my interest after I got bored of starting every single modded Minecraft world the same exact way.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I think that all the people here that are talking about dropping TE are a bit premature. KL isn't the only dev working on TE. As long as it's being updated we can still use it. And I think TE is pretty much a 'done' and 'well rounded' mod that doesn't need a lot of expansion or changes.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
It'll be sad to see TE go, though hopefully it'll still be developed by someone else. Most of the stuff is replacable fortunately, though distributing MJ with conductive pipes will be annoying. Still, I suppose I can make do.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck man. From the sound of it, you had this revelation while there's still time to salvage the situation. I hope it all turns out alright for you. Our community will miss you and TE, but I'm glad you're focusing on what you find truly important. It's always better to quit before you burn yourself (or your bridges) out.

Mind if I ask a few questions about TE?

• It sounds like you still want to complete it yourself. What features do you see as "completing" it? You've done some great stuff already, so I'm just curious what you feel is lacking. The infamous item transport maybe?
  • Do you have any plans for open sourcing the code once it's complete? I feel the modding community could learn a lot from TE.
  • Or do you have some sort of successor in mind, even if they "just" keep it working with updated Minecraft.
  • And lastly, what feature of yours do you wish more mods would implement or learn from? There's a lot I like about it, but I'm actually inclined to say "Sensible, documented GUIs".

For completeness:
  • 5 versions of each of the following: Energy Cells, Portable Tanks, Strongboxes
  • Revamped Conduit, Fluiduct, and Itemduct mechanics (yes Item Transport)
  • Streamlined codebase
As far as open sourcing, that will be a discussion I'll have with the maintainers, whom I have already chosen.

Personally I haven't really considered what features of TE I'd like to see other mods implement. Maybe a general awareness of what causes lag and what doesn't.